Favorite Recipie Blogs
Favorite Recipie Blogs. I know some of you here like to cook - so place your fav food blogs here!
Here's one by my dear friend:
Chipotle Shrimp Tacos
from Food Attitude by I'm Corrina
This is one of those dishes I find myself making at least once a month. It's easy, extremely tasty and in my opinion, better than a traditional taco. (Ryan Approved)
I like to use broccoli slaw instead of shredded lettuce and the secret kick comes from chipotle peppers in adobo sauce .
1 lb medium shrimp
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 bag of broccoli slaw
1 can chipotle peppers in adobo
1 minced garlic clove
1 Tbsp lime juice (fresh or bottled)
1/3 packet of original taco seasoning
shredded cheese (optional)
8 oz Sour cream (4-6 oz for sauce)
1 package of flour tortillas
1. Take 1-2 chipotle peppers from sauce and dice (the more peppers, the spicier)
2. Separate adobo sauce and peppers, reserving peppers for future recipe
3. Add 4-6 oz sour cream (less sour cream = more spice) to adobo sauce and mix well
4. Heat oil in skillet over medium, add garlic and cook until lightly browned
5. If shrimp are frozen, thaw under cool water and then cut in halves or thirds depending on shrimp size.
6. Add peppers to oil & garlic and cook about 3 minutes
7. Add shrimp toss with garlic & pepper mixture, add in lime juice and cook until almost done
8. Add in taco seasoning and stir until shrimp is coated
9. Cook until sauce thickens a little bit
Assemble Tacos by spreading sour cream sauce on tortillas, top with shrimp, cheese, broccoli slaw...you can also use guacamole, fresh tomatoes etc.
Hey no problem. This recipe came from one of my closest friends: She's pretty good. :)
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:09 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.