The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Its finally over.......... (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=96117)

wolf754life 01-02-2011 11:09 PM

Its finally over..........

This is and always will be a proud franchise.

Elway is one of the knights of the round table, he walks among the hallowed halls of dove valley and mile high.........he knows the ghosts of all the greats because he is one of them, he has felt our passion, he knows how much we love our Broncos........he knows what matters in this cowtown. The Ring of Fame beckons at our past greatness, Atwater, Floyd Little, Dennis Smith, Karl Mecklenburg, Randy Gradishar, and so many more, the blood and guts that it takes to get back on top............

The 2010 season will be talked about in great morose for many generations. The raiders 59-14 at home no less, first 12 loss season ever? This franchise lost itself, lost its pride and identity...

Its coming back..........and it starts with #7, we need him now just like we needed him when we were trailing in the 4th in late december. He isn't going to make the draft picks, he isn't going to scout the players. He will find the right people to do that. What he is going to do is remind each and every person who comes into the organization about what exactly it means to be a DENVER BRONCO. There will be standards and accountability....

When #7 comes back home, and helps this tired horse get up again and start its run back to glory, then we can all come together again as one. Bronco Country has been divided, but soon it will all start to Heal, brick by brick, one day, one move at a time................

Sometime soon it will hit us, maybe the 4th quarter of a divisional game, when our team is playing smart, tough, passionate ball, the stadium rocking as 77,000 wrap their arms around our opponents necks and watch their will fade as they realize the DENVER BRONCOS are back...........

Stand together BRONCO Nation, good things are coming...The future is bright in the Rockies..........^5

SoDak Bronco 01-02-2011 11:15 PM

I like the picture you've just painted. :)

loborugger 01-02-2011 11:16 PM

Sipping the kool aid. Would be nice if the picture is this rosy.

SoDak Bronco 01-02-2011 11:18 PM

Who do you think he targets for the next HC? And if it's Harbaugh, can he land him?

Dudeskey 01-02-2011 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoDak Bronco (Post 3067281)
Who do you think he targets for the next HC? And if it's Harbaugh, can he land him?

I'm thinking nobody in the NFL will land him if the Michigan HC job opens up.

extralife 01-02-2011 11:41 PM

Elway will call the personnel shots. Sorry.

Bob's your Information Minister 01-03-2011 12:18 AM

It's not over.

Your next head coach will dump all of McDaniels' trash and install his own system.

That means two more years of PAIN.

01-03-2011 12:20 AM

This whole Elway thing has me very worried. I'm hoping for the best, but man do I have a bad feeling.

01-03-2011 12:22 AM

and bob is back.

01-03-2011 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dudeskey (Post 3067306)
I'm thinking nobody in the NFL will land him if the Michigan HC job opens up.

We have the best chance I would imagine (with Elway making the push). It really boils down to whether or not he wants to play with the big boys or not. The fact that his brother coaches in the NFL tells me it's probably more likely than you imagine. Brothers usually love nothing more than to compete against each other.

01-03-2011 12:26 AM

I really have no idea why Harbaugh would want to go to Michigan. I know its where he went and all that

But as of right now he has it pretty good at Stanford and moving over to Michigan is setting himself up to fail

Bob's your Information Minister 01-03-2011 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schaaf (Post 3067362)
and bob is back.

http://media.scout.com/media/avatars/0/9/GoChiefs81.jpg

bowtown 01-03-2011 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister (Post 3067372)

I thought you had to be gone till the offseason fatboy, or was it just until the end of the regular season? You were really champing at the bit, huh?

01-03-2011 12:42 AM

dayumm bob you got some nice back boobies there

wolf754life 08-05-2011 11:48 PM

the wolf just scored tickets for the payback, sept 12, orange jerseys, sweet sweet redemption oakland...............its coming!

Man-Goblin 08-06-2011 12:00 AM

Kyle Orton!!!! Jason Campbell!!!! It's an old school AFC West shutout! Monday Night Football baby!

Taco John 08-06-2011 12:07 AM

This thread gave me a shot of orange in the veins... :)

SoCalBronco 08-06-2011 12:27 AM

You are painting a very bright picture.....hopefully it comes to fruition, but at present, it will be a steep climb back to greatness. I think John Elway is basically a good guy who has good intentions and is willing to learn and adjust as need be. I'm not sure that's quite enough though. Those qualities are necessary, but not sufficient. I still would have preferred someone experienced and proven who can come in there without having to learn on the job and engage in trial and error. We're not in a position where we can continually make mistakes of inexperience. The FO's around the league...at least the skilled ones are like sharks, ready to pounce on the weak. Perhaps over time we'll get to the point where we are a shark.

I hope your vision plays out for this team, and perhaps forces outside of the FO's control are responsible for some of the problems we are currently encountering. Hopefully the foundation they have laid, guys like Von Miller, Orange Julius, Rahim Moore etc. can be the start of something great. I'm certianly encouraged by what I'm reading about some of these kids, so there is some good that is being done. But we're still a long ways away, mistakes are being made and its not a happy time. We'll see if they can get there in a reasonable amount of time.

wolf754life 08-06-2011 12:38 AM

so cal, its hard not to be a pessimist, Is the glass half empty or half full? The pessimist would pick half empty, while the optimist would choose half full.

i got so sick of all the homers when we were 8 and 8, i have been guilty of it as well...

all i know is that we have no choice but to be drawn, like moth to flame, i know that monday night game is going to be electric, its going to be like the patriots playoff game, the city will be alive, and if you live in denver, or know denver sports it is damn near dead.........

carmelo is gone, the rockies underachieved, the avs stink, and the broncos are in the crapper.

Run you DARK ORANGE HORSES!

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iiNmS-ix43M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

here is a invitation to invesco for the raiders from the orange crush faithful!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LObb3PAyDQ

but for one beautiful rocky mountain night in September, the chill will be in the air, the stadium will shine like a beacon of hope, and please just remember guys....

the darkest hour is just before the dawn..........

who knows where this season goes, but let me tell you that this Raider game means more to the city, more to the franchise, more to the fabric of the broncos than any game has in a long time....

59-14 leaves scars, long term, deep traumatic scars, and to truly start to climb your way out of that hell that is rock bottom, stomping the Raiders on National TV with orange jerseys on will soothe a lot of pain, even if its just ONE game, even if we go 6-10, 5-11....this year, you have to start somewhere..............

This town is starving for bronco football, the kind where we play hard nose, the kind where we stand up and fight, where you can't hear yourself think on 3rd down...

crack open a banquet beer (coors) and let yourself feel the pride and pleasure of being a bronco fan on opening night, a new beginning indeed!

oubronco 08-06-2011 07:48 AM

Preach it wolf

TheReverend 08-06-2011 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf754life (Post 3244225)
Is the glass half empty or half full? The pessimist would pick half empty, while the optimist would choose half full.

Earth shattering revelation, bro

broncosteven 08-06-2011 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalBronco (Post 3244223)
You are painting a very bright picture.....hopefully it comes to fruition, but at present, it will be a steep climb back to greatness. I think John Elway is basically a good guy who has good intentions and is willing to learn and adjust as need be. I'm not sure that's quite enough though. Those qualities are necessary, but not sufficient. I still would have preferred someone experienced and proven who can come in there without having to learn on the job and engage in trial and error. We're not in a position where we can continually make mistakes of inexperience. The FO's around the league...at least the skilled ones are like sharks, ready to pounce on the weak. Perhaps over time we'll get to the point where we are a shark.

I hope your vision plays out for this team, and perhaps forces outside of the FO's control are responsible for some of the problems we are currently encountering. Hopefully the foundation they have laid, guys like Von Miller, Orange Julius, Rahim Moore etc. can be the start of something great. I'm certianly encouraged by what I'm reading about some of these kids, so there is some good that is being done. But we're still a long ways away, mistakes are being made and its not a happy time. We'll see if they can get there in a reasonable amount of time.

The Orange Kool Aid is not as bitter as it has been during the 18 month reign of that punk from Canton high.

I will sip it for the next year hoping they actually build and show improvement, they need a year just to right the ship and pump out the bilge from all the sludge the Canton High kids left after their party ended and mCd's dad showed up to take him home.

Sure the QB position could have been handled better but at least Elway is out there taking the critisim and keeping the heat off Fox and Fox is not shoving his face in the camera's telling everyone it is "his way or the highway" so from Chicagoland it is not as high on the radar as it was when our "next great HC" ****ed up the franchise with the Cutler, Hillis, Marshal messes - that he created.

I am going to enjoy me some Bronco Football this year.

DarkHorse30 08-06-2011 10:14 AM

Fox gets to be the coach AFTER the Shahanan-rebound-coach, so it HAD to get worse before it got better. My guess is that our team's skilll level was not as bad as they played in 2009-2010, they were just ill-coached in multiple schemes that nobody had a grasp of.....including the coaches. I'd love to have a sit-down with Nolan and ask him WTF specifically happened to Denver under McDaniels.

baja 08-06-2011 10:28 AM

I hope we get to see Tebow play QB. I want to enjoy Bronco football again and Tebow will bring that.

Although he is worthy of starting somewhere Kyle Orton is not the guy i want to watch even if he would bring 2 or 3 more wins this season.

razorwire77 08-06-2011 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkHorse30 (Post 3244439)
Fox gets to be the coach AFTER the Shahanan-rebound-coach, so it HAD to get worse before it got better. My guess is that our team's skilll level was not as bad as they played in 2009-2010, they were just ill-coached in multiple schemes that nobody had a grasp of.....including the coaches. I'd love to have a sit-down with Nolan and ask him WTF specifically happened to Denver under McDaniels.

Not to mention snake-bitten with injuries. All teams get injuries, but last year was exceptionally bad. Doom, Clady, Ayers, Moreno, Harris etc. I think skill was not as bad as record indicates, but like last year depth issues are a serious concern. Here's to a year, without multiple decimating injuries, player deaths, or incarcerations. It's been awhile.