The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Inception (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=92601)

Homer Simpson 07-05-2010 08:29 PM

Inception
 
http://www.aaronwhitaker.com/images2.../inception.jpg

The embargo on reviews ended today. 18 so far, every single one positive.

http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117...goryid=31&cs=1
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...04102197.story
http://www.empireonline.com/reviews/...asp?FID=136118
http://blogs.indiewire.com/thompsono...ece_with_heart
http://chud.com/articles/articles/24...ION/Page1.html

The rest.
http://www.nolanfans.com/forums/view...#ixzz0sqkVGeYO


<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/66TuSJo4dZM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/66TuSJo4dZM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>


<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mmkQ7fw-l0g&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mmkQ7fw-l0g&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z75o-F6ja2I&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z75o-F6ja2I&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>


I hope it's cool to have another movie thread, I fully believe this will be a masterpiece of modern cinema.

http://www.filmofilia.com/wp-content...ion-Poster.jpg

TheReverend 07-05-2010 09:07 PM

Movie looks really good, imo.

TheReverend 07-05-2010 09:08 PM

In that Titanic era I used to hate Leonardo DiCaprio, but I think he's really grown into one of, if not the best actors of my generation.

SouthStndJunkie 07-05-2010 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 2877289)
In that Titanic era I used to hate Leonardo DiCaprio, but I think he's really grown into one of, if not the best actors of my generation.

I'm not a big fan of his, but he is a damn good actor.

TheReverend 07-05-2010 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie (Post 2877290)
I'm not a big fan of his, but he is a damn good actor.

He's been on a hotstreak too.

Everything since The Departed has been solid to great. Blood Diamond was okay, but I REALLY liked Body of Lies and Shutter Island.

tsiguy96 07-05-2010 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 2877289)
In that Titanic era I used to hate Leonardo DiCaprio, but I think he's really grown into one of, if not the best actors of my generation.

edward norton anyone?

TheReverend 07-05-2010 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsiguy96 (Post 2877294)
edward norton anyone?

One of my personal favorites, but let's be serious... hasn't done a good role since Fight Club in 99

baja 07-05-2010 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 2877289)
In that Titanic era I used to hate Leonardo DiCaprio, but I think he's really grown into one of, if not the best actors of my generation.

I have to agree with that He is one of the best right now

Homer Simpson 07-05-2010 10:16 PM

From What's Eating Gilbert Grape, to the Basketball Diaries, to Romeo and Juliet and pretty much his entire output in the last decade, the man can act.

Inception has an amazing cast and some of the greatest trailers I've ever seen!

http://tvrecappersanonymous.files.wo...ast-header.jpg

cmhargrove 07-06-2010 05:54 AM

Inception kind of looks like the new Matrix.

You didn't have to like Keanu to like the Matrix

Ergo - you can still watch Inception if you hate DiCaprio.



Is that logical?

RhymesayersDU 07-06-2010 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 2877289)
In that Titanic era I used to hate Leonardo DiCaprio, but I think he's really grown into one of, if not the best actors of my generation.

Exactly. In the Titanic era he was the teen heartthrob or whatever, he was doing the chick flicks, etc. Easy for a guy to hate him. I know I did. Now the guy is a great actor in really great roles.

TonyR 07-06-2010 06:30 AM

Leo is the man. Dude keeps his head down, stays out of the tabloids, makes great movies, and bangs super models.

Taco John 07-06-2010 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 2877289)
In that Titanic era I used to hate Leonardo DiCaprio, but I think he's really grown into one of, if not the best actors of my generation.


He was on track for that well before Titanic. If you haven't seen Basketball Diaries, you're missing one of his greatest performances. DiCaprio has always had tons of talent. Go watch that movie and see for yourself (if you haven't seen it - which you must not have if Titanic turned you off to him).

Taco John 07-06-2010 08:47 AM

For what it's worth, I think that Emile Hirsch is "the next Leonardo Dicaprio."

TheReverend 07-06-2010 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John (Post 2877423)
He was on track for that well before Titanic. If you haven't seen Basketball Diaries, you're missing one of his greatest performances. DiCaprio has always had tons of talent. Go watch that movie and see for yourself (if you haven't seen it - which you must not have if Titanic turned you off to him).

I did, but it was after Titanic and full on hatred for him made it easy to dislike.

dbfan21 07-06-2010 08:56 AM

Looks like a sweet movie! I usually wait for them to come out on DVD because they're so damned expensive in the theater, but I might make the exception for this one.

Taco John 07-06-2010 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 2877425)
I did, but it was after Titanic and full on hatred for him made it easy to dislike.



That's understandable. Titanic poisoned the waters for the guy. I always knew he'd manage to rise above it though. The guy oozes talent and class, IMO. I've always been a fan.

TonyR 07-06-2010 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John (Post 2877424)
For what it's worth, I think that Emile Hirsch is "the next Leonardo Dicaprio."

He was great in The Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys, Lords of Dogtown, and Into the Wild, and it's possible he was on track to become a poor man's Leo, but Speed Racer turned out to be quite a speed bump.

Taco John 07-06-2010 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyR (Post 2877435)
He was great in The Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys, Lords of Dogtown, and Into the Wild, and it's possible he was on track to become a poor man's Leo, but Speed Racer turned out to be quite a speed bump.

Meh. I never fault an actor (or director) for doing a kids show. Robert Rodriguez has those Spy Kids movies on his hands, but his other stuff still kicks ass.

TonyR 07-06-2010 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmhargrove (Post 2877372)
...if you hate DiCaprio.

I can certainly understand envy when it comes to Leo, but hate? What's to hate?

Homer Simpson 07-06-2010 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyR (Post 2877449)
I can certainly understand envy when it comes to Leo, but hate? What's to hate?

Titantic. I blame Celine Dion myself.

Homer Simpson 07-06-2010 10:06 AM

Oh, and all the discussion I'm surprised no one has brought up Joseph Gordon Levitt, who along with Ryan Gosling is the best actor of his generation.

Stop Loss, Havoc, Brick, The Lookout, Mysterious Skin, Uncertainty. All great films with amazing performances from him.

http://images.allmoviephoto.com/2005..._havoc_001.jpg

baja 07-06-2010 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homer Simpson (Post 2877471)
Oh, and all the discussion I'm surprised no one has brought up Joseph Gordon Levitt, who along with Ryan Gosling is the best actor of his generation.

Stop Loss, Havoc, Brick, The Lookout, Mysterious Skin, Uncertainty. All great films with amazing performances from him.

http://images.allmoviephoto.com/2005..._havoc_001.jpg


Danial Day Lewis = todays standard

TonyR 07-06-2010 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homer Simpson (Post 2877464)
Titantic.

Yup. I know it's not "cool" to admit it but it's actually a pretty good movie and his career probably wouldn't be where it is without it. That was a HUGE movie.

TheReverend 07-06-2010 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyR (Post 2877535)
Yup. I know it's not "cool" to admit it but it's actually a pretty good movie and his career probably wouldn't be where it is without it. That was a HUGE movie.

Glorifies infidelity and a childish pov of "love"


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.