The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Great movies you've never seen (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=91399)

Jesterhole 05-01-2010 04:23 PM

Great movies you've never seen
 
So we all have movies that we are embarrassed to say we haven't seen, for one reason or another. All your friends groan when they find out. You miss out on cultural references. And you've seen Spaceballs 15 times.

What is your list?

1) Godfather
2) Alien
3) It's a Wonderful Life
4) Bad Boys 2

Mogulseeker 05-01-2010 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesterhole (Post 2830949)
So we all have movies that we are embarrassed to say we haven't seen, for one reason or another. All your friends groan when they find out. You miss out on cultural references. And you've seen Spaceballs 15 times.

What is your list?

1) Godfather
2) Alien
3) It's a Wonderful Life
4) Bad Boys 2

The only one on that list that I've seen is Bad Boys 2. Our division go to watch it the day I graduated boot camp.

I've seen part of It's a Wonderful Life, and have no interest in Alien, but I want to see Godfather, just don't have the time.

Baba Booey 05-01-2010 04:42 PM

Went through the IMDB top 250 and listed a few notable ones I'd like to see:

Godfather Part II
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
The Usual Suspects
Se7en
Citizen Kane
Taxi Driver
Lawrence of Arabia
A Clockwork Orange
Raging Bull
Blade Runner
Fargo
Cool Hand Luke
Big Lebowski
The Graduate

BMarsh615 05-01-2010 04:44 PM

Never seen any Star Wars movies or any of the Lord of the Rings/Harry Potter movies... I am not embarrassed to say it though.

Jesterhole 05-01-2010 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McNeckbeard (Post 2830955)
Went through the IMDB top 250 and listed a few notable ones I'd like to see:

Godfather Part II
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
The Usual Suspects
Se7en
Citizen Kane
Taxi Driver
Lawrence of Arabia
A Clockwork Orange
Raging Bull
Blade Runner
Fargo
Cool Hand Luke
Big Lebowski
The Graduate

The Usual Suspects is OK but overrated.

Citizen Kane is really hard to watch...soooo old.

A Clockwork Orange is awesome, but intense.

Blade Runner is great, but kinda boring too.

The Big Lebowski is a must see. But you have to see it with people, can't watch it alone once and expect to come away with a lot.

Jesterhole 05-01-2010 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMarsh615 (Post 2830957)
Never seen any Star Wars movies or any of the Lord of the Rings/Harry Potter movies... I am not embarrassed to say it though.

You've got to see the original Star Wars trilogy at some point. I mean, they basically spawned a culture.

Taco John 05-01-2010 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMarsh615 (Post 2830957)
Never seen any Star Wars movies or any of the Lord of the Rings/Harry Potter movies... I am not embarrassed to say it though.


No biggie on the Harry Potter movies. But not seeing Star Wars? I can't understand that one. LOTR are good movies and worth watching.

BMarsh615 05-01-2010 05:23 PM

I have nothing against Star Wars I just don't have a very long attention span. It is hard for me to sit still for two hours to watch a movie.

NFLBRONCO 05-01-2010 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMarsh615 (Post 2830976)
I have nothing against Star Wars I just don't have a very long attention span. It is hard for me to sit still for two hours to watch a movie.

Can you watch a 3 hour Bronco game ;D

BMarsh615 05-01-2010 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO (Post 2830978)
Can you watch a 3 hour Bronco game ;D

I don't sit still through a Broncos game. I am pacing back and forth or jumping up and down most of the time. :thanku:

Hogan11 05-01-2010 05:38 PM

I have never seen any of the Star Trek movies. None of them. Whether or not one considers them to be great is strictly up to the individual.

My plan was to rent them all and watch them in succession one weekend when I was down with the flu or something.

Forgive me Khan!

broncosteven 05-01-2010 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hogan11 (Post 2830980)
I have never seen any of the Star Trek movies. None of them. Whether or not one considers them to be great is strictly up to the individual.

My plan was to rent them all and watch them in succession one weekend when I was down with the flu or something.

Forgive me Khan!

Save yourself some time and get 1, 2, 4, and 6. I think evens hold for Next Gen also but I am not a big Next Gen fan.

TDmvp 05-01-2010 05:48 PM

I'm I hate the classics guy ... So my list would be huge .

Hogan11 05-01-2010 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncosteven (Post 2830984)
Save yourself some time and get 1, 2, 4, and 6. I think evens hold for Next Gen also but I am not a big Next Gen fan.

How many are there now anyways?

broncosteven 05-01-2010 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hogan11 (Post 2830988)
How many are there now anyways?

No idea after the 1st 6.

no-pseudo-fan 05-01-2010 05:53 PM

Never Seen:

A bridge too far
Casablanca
Serpico
Hondo

Kaylore 05-01-2010 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hogan11 (Post 2830980)
I have never seen any of the Star Trek movies. None of them. Whether or not one considers them to be great is strictly up to the individual.

My plan was to rent them all and watch them in succession one weekend when I was down with the flu or something.

Forgive me Khan!

Only if you forgive me for loving Journey.

I have to say if there is a classic, critically acclaimed movie I've probably seen it.

Hogan11 05-01-2010 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 2830996)
Only if you forgive me for loving Journey.

You drive a very hard bargain.....

OABB 05-01-2010 06:02 PM

Debbie does Dallas.

Hogan11 05-01-2010 06:04 PM

Never seen The Boondock Saints
Only ever seen parts of Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Fight Club

no-pseudo-fan 05-01-2010 06:26 PM

no deep throat either

Killericon 05-01-2010 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesterhole (Post 2830949)
So we all have movies that we are embarrassed to say we haven't seen, for one reason or another. All your friends groan when they find out. You miss out on cultural references. And you've seen Spaceballs 15 times.

What is your list?

1) Godfather
2) Alien
3) It's a Wonderful Life
4) Bad Boys 2

One of those 4 movies doesn't fit.

Never got around to watching Citizen Kane, and I didn't see Gran Torino.

bronco militia 05-01-2010 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesterhole (Post 2830949)
4) Bad Boys 2

Ha!

is this a joke?

Ha!

FYI, there's nothing great about that movie....in fact there's nothing great about any will smith movie

Ha!

ColoradoDarin 05-01-2010 06:56 PM

Big Lebowski is the one that I've been missing

A lot of movies in the last year and a half (since my son was born):
Star Trek, Transformers, Avatard, and a few others probably

Kaylore 05-01-2010 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hogan11 (Post 2830998)
You drive a very hard bargain.....

:spit:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.