The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Announcements, Features and Feedback (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   About this new feature called "Rep" (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=9093)

Taco John 01-07-2004 01:33 PM

About this new feature called "Rep"

You will find a little icon below everybody's avatar: http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/...reputation.gif

Click on this when you like or dislike someone's post. It will either add or subtract to that person's reputation. You are able to leave a comment about the post, to let the person know why you are giving them or docking them rep.

You will see little green boxes underneath the avatar: http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/...tation_pos.gif

These are reputation boxes... The more positive rep you have, the more of these green boxes will be displayed... The more negative rep you have, the more red boxes will be displayed.

To see the rep and the comments that people are leaving for you, simply click on the "UserCP" button in the menu bar at the top of the screen... Currently, it is anonymous. I'm not certain that I will keep it anonymous... But I just don't know how to change it right now, so it'll have to remain anonymous until I figure it out.

Rohirrim 01-07-2004 01:37 PM

How soon before Naptown and Patch enter the red?

Eye Patch 01-07-2004 01:38 PM

I'm already there bro....

Keep em' coming.

XtremeReaction 01-07-2004 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohirrim

Watch it Naptown's from the planet they practice rep ho'ing there........ :pity:

HEAV 01-07-2004 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XtremeReaction
Watch it Naptown's from the planet they practice rep ho'ing there........ :pity:

You're limited to one Rep per person per day :gripe: I tried! :laugh:

NaptownChief 01-07-2004 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohirrim

You guys should have me there pretty quick. But at least the Red is Chiefs color.

Somebody already tagged me with a "somewhat negative"......I guess I should take that as a somewhat of a compliment.

HEAV 01-07-2004 01:50 PM

So is being a"Unknown quantity" bad and being on a"distingiushed road" good? Why is mine myname "Heav07" ?

Rohirrim 01-07-2004 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HEAV07
You're limited to one Rep per person per day :gripe: I tried! :laugh:

That's a shame. :D

NaptownChief 01-07-2004 01:51 PM

Mock might be the only Denver fan that can possibly hit red status before a Chief or Raider fan.

jhat01 01-07-2004 01:51 PM

What's up with "the distinguished road" deal?

I guess I'm on the "lonely road of faith"Ha!

Bo 01-07-2004 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John
You will find a little icon below everybody's avatar: http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/...reputation.gif

Click on this when you like or dislike someone's post. It will either add or subtract to that person's reputation. You are able to leave a comment about the post, to let the person know why you are giving them or docking them rep.

You will see little green boxes underneath the avatar: http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/...tation_pos.gif

These are reputation boxes... The more positive rep you have, the more of these green boxes will be displayed... The more negative rep you have, the more red boxes will be displayed.

To see the rep and the comments that people are leaving for you, simply click on the "UserCP" button in the menu bar at the top of the screen... Currently, it is anonymous. I'm not certain that I will keep it anonymous... But I just don't know how to change it right now, so it'll have to remain anonymous until I figure it out.

There's a tech site I used to go to that had these red/green dots....A certain amount of red ones led to an auto-banning....Do these work that way?

HEAV 01-07-2004 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NaptownChief
Mock might be the only Denver fan that can possibly hit red status before a Chief or Raider fan.

Ya I tried that too!
:devil:

But I got time! rofl

Taco John 01-07-2004 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo
There's a tech site I used to go to that had these red/green dots....A certain amount of red ones led to an auto-banning....Do these work that way?

Not currently... At least to my knowledge... They may someday...

Taco John 01-07-2004 02:20 PM

Let's not go out and search for people to give good and bad rep to, now...

Let it happen in the natural course of posting... Remember... I'm still presiding over the system, and have been known to penalize pretty harshly when I think people are cheating it.

Rock Chalk 01-07-2004 02:54 PM

Taco will become famous soon enough.

HEAV 01-07-2004 02:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John
Let's not go out and search for people to give good and bad rep to, now...

Let it happen in the natural course of posting... Remember... I'm still presiding over the system, and have been known to penalize pretty harshly when I think people are cheating it.

Ahhh geeeee dad I was just having fun.................. I'll be good

Maximus 01-07-2004 03:06 PM

Interesting... Well since I'm a Raider Fan I may as well start the conspiracy theory on this idea... All Raider Fans Reps will be demolished by the end of the off season :)

Spider 01-07-2004 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maximus
Interesting... Well since I'm a Raider Fan I may as well start the conspiracy theory on this idea... All Raider Fans Reps will be demolished by the end of the off season :)

Not true I gave a good rep to a couple of Raider fans ..... But if the raiders start winning . that could be a different story :laugh:

Maximus 01-07-2004 03:10 PM

Well from the looks of things right now It will be a season or 2 before we really start getting on donk fans nerves again

XtremeReaction 01-07-2004 03:16 PM

Quote:

Well from the looks of things right now It will be a season or 2 before we really start getting on donk fans nerves again

Not really you tend to get on peoples nerves no matter what you post........ :wave:

Spider 01-07-2004 03:16 PM

:wiggle: :wiggle:

Spider 01-07-2004 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XtremeReaction
Not really you tend to get on peoples nerves no matter what you post........ :wave:

LOL ...... Brutal

Maximus 01-07-2004 03:26 PM

Nothing more fun ( or as easy ) than getting on a donk fans nerves. I suppose it must have something to do with the lack of success that your beloved donks have shown recently.

XtremeReaction 01-07-2004 03:35 PM

Quote:

Nothing more fun ( or as easy ) than getting on a donk fans nerves. I suppose it must have something to do with the lack of success that your beloved donks have shown recently.

Probably more to do with the lack of substance to your threads....doesnt take a lot of thought to post the donks suck...and other witty comments... :D

Tredici 01-07-2004 03:42 PM

So if 10-6 is a lack of success, how do we define 4-12?