The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Tailgate Recipes (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Buffalo Wing Dip (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=89112)

cousinal11 02-03-2010 02:47 PM

Buffalo Wing Dip

Tried this over the weekend:

2 cans of chicken (9.75 oz. each)
1 1/2 bars of cream cheese
1/2 cup Ranch
1/2 cup of Frank's hot sauce
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Drain chicken and melt cream cheese. Mix all the ingredients in bowl, using most of cheddar cheese. Put in baking pan and sprinkle remaining cheddar cheese on top, or add more. Bake @ 350 for 30 minutes.

I used pita chips to dip and it came out pretty good, although I thought it was a little too creamy and not spicy enough.

Next time I'll add a 3rd can of chicken, use less cream cheese and more hot sauce.

studbucket 07-27-2010 11:12 PM

By can of chicken, do you mean cream of chicken soup? This looks like it's worth trying.

cousinal11 07-31-2010 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by studbucket (Post 2886927)
By can of chicken, do you mean cream of chicken soup? This looks like it's worth trying.

Negative. Cans of chicken like cans of tuna. Ugh, I know, I was hesitant. Not real crazy about meat in a can. Next time I may grill and shred the chicken.

07-17-2012 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cousinal11 (Post 2889369)
Negative. Cans of chicken like cans of tuna. Ugh, I know, I was hesitant. Not real crazy about meat in a can. Next time I may grill and shred the chicken.

Yeesh... surely you can grill and chop up the chicken instead, right?

Dendave 07-19-2012 04:46 PM

This is how I make mine

2-8oz packages cream cheese
2-5oz jar Kraft Roka blue spread (they normally only sell during holidays, but I have found it througout the year)
8oz hot sauce (not Tabasco, I use Red Hot Buffalo Wing sauce)
3/4 cup chopped celery
2 cups cooked cubed chicken (rotisserie chicken)

Combine cream cheese, Roka blue spread, hot sauce and celery. Heat in microwave until cream cheese is melted. Stir. Add chicken & cheddar cheese. Mix. Put into baking dish. Top with more cheddar cheese if desired. Bake @ 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Serve with corn chips.

I am able to keep it warm through out the game by putting it in a crock-pot.<!-- / message -->

Simply Red 08-13-2012 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by studbucket (Post 2886927)
By can of chicken, do you mean cream of chicken soup?

is this some sort of sick joke?

Simply Red 08-13-2012 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dendave (Post 3622126)
This is how I make mine

2-8oz packages cream cheese
2-5oz jar Kraft Roka blue spread (they normally only sell during holidays, but I have found it througout the year)
8oz hot sauce (not Tabasco, I use Red Hot Buffalo Wing sauce)
3/4 cup chopped celery
2 cups cooked cubed chicken (rotisserie chicken)

Combine cream cheese, Roka blue spread, hot sauce and celery. Heat in microwave until cream cheese is melted. Stir. Add chicken & cheddar cheese. Mix. Put into baking dish. Top with more cheddar cheese if desired. Bake @ 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Serve with corn chips.

I am able to keep it warm through out the game by putting it in a crock-pot.<!-- / message -->

w/ the Roka addition, this sounds really good.

Simply Red 08-26-2012 09:56 PM

i just wanted to go on to say that Roka branded cheese sounds amazing, remember those 'sociables?' - the multi-seeded crackers? They'd really match up well w/ that rocka, my nucka!