The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Job Networking Forum (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Travel Agent (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=88520)

Taco John 01-13-2010 11:49 PM

Travel Agent

Anybody here have experience as a travel agent?

Hogan11 01-14-2010 05:56 PM

I would think that sites like Expedia & Priceline have made this occupation kinda passe

TexanBob 01-14-2010 11:06 PM

Indeed. The only people who use travel agencies now are corporations and folks trying to organize a big party or a honeymoon. They haven't been the same since American Airlines first posted air schedules on the internet.

Personally, I love looking through flight options and picking the one I want most but some folks (particularly business or convention travelers that are being comped) just want some agency to arrange everything and tell them what time to be at the airport, etc.

Agencies get most of their money not from the travelers but from the hotels, airlines, cruise ships, etc. that pay them to funnel customers onto their "package" deals. That's why sometimes the agencies offer you not what is best for you but what makes them the best commission.

There's still a place for that but, with the net, that place is dwindling.

TailgateNut 01-15-2010 06:30 AM

For a fee, I'll be your travel agent.

Warning: My rates are a budget killer!

Meck77 01-15-2010 06:44 AM

Talk to iDenver.

TailgateNut 01-15-2010 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meck77 (Post 2717856)
Talk to iDenver.

:spit: (that boy is helpless). He really shouldn't be allowed out, much less, travel, and even less, make travel plans for someone else.

missingnumber7 01-15-2010 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TailgateNut (Post 2717904)
:spit: (that boy is helpless). He really shouldn't be allowed out, much less, travel, and even less, make travel plans for someone else.

I was amazed he figured out how to get on the mane. He got mad at me for suggesting google...and i didn't even rick roll him.

underrated29 01-15-2010 11:57 AM

lol....the comments you guys have posted....too funny.

Here is a tip for you- ALL TRAVEL AGENCIES have the same rates....the rates you find on expedia are the same you would get through a travel agent, or priceline, or any other site out there...There is not difference, unless you get an old fashioned agency that marks up the cost.. MOST of those went out of business!

Travel agencies are not going under---well let me rephrase, the idiot ones are going under. The smart ones and even average ones are not...They are alive and well and thriving.

PS- anytime you book somehting online you HAVE to pay a booking fee. So most of the time you are actually overpaying as a fair few agencies do not charge them.

Whats your question TJ. I have some real good business contacts that I work with on a daily basis with that are in that field. I can alteast pass it along.