The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   NBA & NCAA (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Any other Utah fans? (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=82291)

BroncosJazz 07-26-2009 10:19 PM

Any other Utah fans?

Hopefully I don't end up leaving this forum with my head on a pike since I'm sure most of you are Nugget fans.

I'm a Bronco fan in Utah and a major Jazz fan as well. Jazz are top 5 in payroll now after signing Millsap...yikes. I expect Boozer to be traded before training camp.

TerrElway 07-30-2009 06:01 PM

I also, am a Bronco fan in Utah who loves the Jazz but they have me wondering what in the hell they are doing. IS there a plan? Was there ever a proactive plan or was it always "Oksy, we're going to hope Boozer won't opt in..." That's what it seems like. It seems like the FO is reactionary and unprepared. Couldn't swing something for Okafor? San Antonio got R. Jefferson for a song, if he was on the table, why didn't the Jazz nibble? What about Al Jefferson for Boozer?

We'll see what happens but the way they do things around there reminds me more of the Clips and the Twolves rather than the Spurs or even the Nuggets.

ABA6776 08-20-2009 12:16 PM

I am a Nuggets fan but I have respect for you. One of my biggest problems with the Utah "Jazz" goes back to the old days of the ABA. Many teams move and take their names with them and it makes no sense. For Instance, the Los Angeles Lakers used to be the Minneapolis Lakers....that made sense. Them taking that nickname to Los Angeles does not. In the case of Utah it's happened TWICE! In the American Basketball Association the Los Angeles Stars moved to Utah and kept that nickname (Also won the 1971 ABA Championship) and it made no sense. Then when the New Orleans Jazz moved the name stayed....ridiculous!

bronclvr 08-20-2009 01:12 PM

I am a Jazz fan because Jerry Sloan was a Customer (in a previous job) and we became friends (I still talk to him from time to time and have his Cell #-#2 Team is the Nuggets (as far as Basketball is concerned).

When it comes to College Football, I am a Huskers Fan #1, and a Utes Fan #2-

Rock Chalk 08-25-2009 12:48 PM

Im a Rockets fan so that means I hate all of you :)

gunns 08-25-2009 09:02 PM

I'm also a Bronco fan in Utah, but not a major Jazz fan. I like the Jazz, but I'm a Celtics fan. The Jazz are probably one of the most frustrating teams. Jerry Sloan has done a great job here but hey, it's time to go. His play calling has become stale and the Jazz just play to win a game here or there anymore. Darren Williams is a great player and wasted on a team like the Jazz. I also think Larry Miller was a bad owner. He got mixed up in everything, always opening his mouth and wouldn't pay for the stars. I don't know that his son is far from that.

But I'm a major Utes fan! GO UTES!

10-09-2011 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ABA6776 (Post 2514862)
I am a Nuggets fan but I have respect for you. One of my biggest problems with the Utah "Jazz" goes back to the old days of the ABA. Many teams move and take their names with them and it makes no sense. For Instance, the Los Angeles Lakers used to be the Minneapolis Lakers....that made sense. Them taking that nickname to Los Angeles does not. In the case of Utah it's happened TWICE! In the American Basketball Association the Los Angeles Stars moved to Utah and kept that nickname (Also won the 1971 ABA Championship) and it made no sense. Then when the New Orleans Jazz moved the name stayed....ridiculous!

I agree, pretty stupid!