The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   OT-Oklahoma Vigilante justice (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=80927)

Flex Gunmetal 05-30-2009 12:11 PM

OT-Oklahoma Vigilante justice

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31003987/
Crazy. 1st degree murder, anonymous bail. Kid was 16.

Dukes 05-30-2009 12:18 PM

Good for him. If more people did this there would be less crime IMO. I don't know anyone willing to rob a store if they know the guy behind the counter will shoot back.

Spider 05-30-2009 12:21 PM

This doesnt have anything to do with that story , but it is vigilante related ....
I had a registered Sex Offender use my address as his place of residence , I didnt know anything about it ,until some guys came up in my drive way and started a bunch of **** , Needless to say they was easily scared off , Cops showed up , I told them what happened , one of Casper finest looked at me and said well how do you expect people to treat Child Molesters , I went after him , other cops restrained me , thats how I found out about the address on the net thing ......I got 6 kids and a wife and I am gone alot , I was scared for their safety , I went down to the police station and raised hell until my address was removed ........ So that is why Vigilante justice scares the piss out of me

Flex Gunmetal 05-30-2009 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dukes (Post 2431120)
Good for him. If more people did this there would be less crime IMO. I don't know anyone willing to rob a store if they know the guy behind the counter will shoot back.

I don't know. The kid was unconscious on his back before being shot 5 more times. I think things would be different if he wasn't a minor. I bet the pharmacist is gonna get some time.

Spider 05-30-2009 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flex Gunmetal (Post 2431116)
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31003987/
Crazy. 1st degree murder, anonymous bail. Kid was 16.

Excessive use of force , I have been arrested for this when a guy tried to steal my Car when I lived in Ft.Collins , Once i stop the theft , my right to use force stopped also .........This is nothing new

Dukes 05-30-2009 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flex Gunmetal (Post 2431126)
I don't know. The kid was unconscious on his back before being shot 5 more times. I think things would be different if he wasn't a minor. I bet the pharmacist is gonna get some time.

I've seen quite a few 16 yr olds who look older than 18. It's not like he looked at the kids ID before pumping 5 more rounds into him.

Dukes 05-30-2009 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spider (Post 2431128)
Excessive use of force , I have been arrested for this when a guy tried to steal my Car when I lived in Ft.Collins , Once i stop the theft , my right to use force stopped also .........This is nothing new

Why is it whenever someone posts a story about an assault Spider comes in with his own personal stories? Just saying.... Hilarious!

Spider 05-30-2009 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dukes (Post 2431130)
Why is it whenever someone posts a story about an assault Spider comes in with his own personal stories? Just saying.... Hilarious!

;D Been there done that .....I am well versed in the law when it comes to this stuff

Flex Gunmetal 05-30-2009 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dukes (Post 2431129)
I've seen quite a few 16 yr olds who look older than 18. It's not like he looked at the kids ID before pumping 5 more rounds into him.

I'm just saying on technicality. The courts frown upon murdering 16 year olds, regardless of the situation. I'm not saying it's the clerks fault the kid was 16.

Flex Gunmetal 05-30-2009 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spider (Post 2431128)

You lived in Fort Collins? Yikes. I remember hearing rumors of a serial throat puncher roaming campus in the 80s.

Spider 05-30-2009 12:31 PM

Man 1 will probably be the Charge he is found guilty on .....
Once the prep is no longer a threat , you can not use any more force or deadly force , you may restrain the prep from fleeing , but thats about it .....

Spider 05-30-2009 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flex Gunmetal (Post 2431134)
You lived in Fort Collins? Yikes. I remember hearing rumors of a serial throat puncher roaming campus in the 80s.

;D I lived in North Ft. Collins that trailer park right before you leave town on 287 ........ there was always something happening there ....... I knew it was time to go when they got rid of Dons Burgers ;D

Spider 05-30-2009 12:35 PM

If the first shot was a lethal shot , then they may get out of the man1 charge , but if the wound wasnt fatal , his goose is cooked

Dukes 05-30-2009 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spider (Post 2431138)
Man 1 will probably be the Charge he is found guilty on .....
Once the prep is no longer a threat , you can not use any more force or deadly force , you may restrain the prep from fleeing , but thats about it .....

You're right, but I look at it as this man just saved taxpayers Millions in medical bills and the cost of encarserating that young prick.

So something positive did come of this after all ^5

Flex Gunmetal 05-30-2009 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dukes (Post 2431144)
You're right, but I look at it as this man just saved taxpayers Millions in medical bills and the cost of encarserating that young prick.

We should just drown all felons in massive burlap tents like unwanted puppies. More cash for johnny q!
::)

gyldenlove 05-30-2009 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dukes (Post 2431120)

If more people do what he did more shop attendants will get shot.

Flex Gunmetal 05-30-2009 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spider (Post 2431141)
;D I lived in North Ft. Collins that trailer park right before you leave town on 287 ........ there was always something happening there ....... I knew it was time to go when they got rid of Dons Burgers ;D

Andersonville? Thats a sketchy place now.

Dukes 05-30-2009 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flex Gunmetal (Post 2431149)
We should just drown all felons in massive burlap tents like unwanted puppies. More cash for johnny q!

Not all

Flex Gunmetal 05-30-2009 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dukes (Post 2431152)
Not all

I was being sarcastic.

Dukes 05-30-2009 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gyldenlove (Post 2431150)
If more people do what he did more shop attendants will get shot.

Ahh yes the "let the criminals go unchecked" arguement. Brilliant.

Spider 05-30-2009 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flex Gunmetal (Post 2431151)
Andersonville? Thats a sketchy place now.

it was called North Poudre or something like that when I was there ;D
Still rough is it ?

Dukes 05-30-2009 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flex Gunmetal (Post 2431153)
I was being sarcastic.

Obviously.

Flex Gunmetal 05-30-2009 12:42 PM

The kid was unarmed and unconscious. I understand the right to protect yourself and your livelihood, but I hope this dude gets the book thrown at him.
It comes down to an eye for an eye in my opinion.

Spider 05-30-2009 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dukes (Post 2431144)

maybe , in the short run , but opening a can of worms can create more problems later , I agree he had every right to use what ever force he could to stop the robbery and save his life as well as his coworkers , but once the threat is subdued ,force has to stop .believe me I understand the emotions this guy faced , fear, then Anger ,Fear for your life ,then Anger that someone to lazy to get a job thinks they can take what you have worked hard for ..... I understand that all to well ......... I dont want to see the Clerk in prison ,but the law is the law ......... trail will get moved out of Oklahoma City , perhaps even out of state , the more Media this gets , the rougher it will be to take it to trial

jutang 05-30-2009 12:51 PM

I gotta side with the pharmacist on this one. Armed robber gets killed and they're sending the person being robbed to jail?? American legal system is so flat out dumb sometimes.