The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Armstrong: Forget peace. Give Jay Cutler a chance (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=78423)

Taco John 03-16-2009 04:48 PM

Armstrong: Forget peace. Give Jay Cutler a chance

Forget peace. Give Jay Cutler a chance

A lot of numbers have been flying around in the midst of the Jay Cutler-Josh McDaniels spat. Some of the most interesting involve Cutler's record in games in which the Broncos have allowed 30-plus points.

For the record, it's 3-12. To put those numbers in perspective, Cutler has played two full seasons and five games of a third. Donovan McNabb has played 10 NFL seasons and is 3-16 when the Eagles allow 30-plus.

Eli Manning? He's 1-16 in such games. Jake Plummer during his days in Our Town was 0-10. Matt Cassel, if that name rings a bell, was 0-4 last season when the Pats allowed 30-plus.

Oh, and did I mention that defense isn't the only problem? The Broncos have some of the worst special teams in the league, too, forcing Cutler into lousy field position.

Just a thought, but if and when Coach J-Mac mends fences with his quarterback, maybe he can get to work on fixing the real problems.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...880?source=rss

Popps 03-16-2009 04:50 PM

I agree.

The entire organization says they want you back, Jay.

C'mon back, buddy. All is forgiven.

I'm sure Jay will show up, since everyone wants him back.

Mogulseeker 03-16-2009 04:52 PM

Maybe poor special teams is why we gained so much yardage without scoring.

SJ Bronco 03-16-2009 04:53 PM

the most sober thing I've heard so far.....

Rulon Velvet Jones 03-16-2009 04:54 PM

Put the "the whole organization wants you back" line through the Bus Cook filter, though, and it turns into "they all want you back, unless something better comes along".

BMarsh615 03-16-2009 04:55 PM

Cutler is crybaby facts don't matter/McDaniels fanboys

USMCBladerunner 03-16-2009 04:55 PM

None of that is in dispute...by anyone...the Broncos just need to put sugar on top and all will be well I guess.

Popps 03-16-2009 04:56 PM

The Broncos have already clearly stated that the doors are open and they want him to come in and do his job.

Where's the confusion, here?

No one needs "give Cutler a chance."

He needs to show up and do his job. He's not, so direct your ire at him, not the franchise.

TheReverend 03-16-2009 04:57 PM

Was that on the "Jimmy Page"?

I like the message, but he's really one corny mother ****er.

BroncoFiend 03-16-2009 05:01 PM

Well...if you take what everyone is saying at face value, then McD won't trade Cutler, Cutler will show up for all mandatory events, and the Broncos will have Cutler as their QB next year.

And since Jay always looks grumpy, no one will really be able to tell the difference once the season starts. :thumbs:

Rohirrim 03-16-2009 05:02 PM

Jay has left town and demanded a trade. Maybe Armstrong, with his superior journalism skills, didn't hear about it?

Shoemaker 03-16-2009 05:03 PM

Right, Jimbo. Its up to "Coach J-mac" to mend fences with Jay.

How should he go about that? Probably by saying stuff like "We're not going to trade Jay Cutler," treating Cutler like an adult and explaining that he DID listen to offers but then shut them down, and proposing one-on-one, Bus Cook-less meetings where he and the offended QB can sit down and hash things out without outside interference.

That would be the best way for the coach to go about things.

Luckily, this shouldn't be too hard to do, since Jay was in town this very day working out with those teammates that he loves and plays for.

Come on, McFailidiotnumbnuts. Hurry up and mend fences already. Jay's waiting.

SportinOne 03-16-2009 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MightySmurf (Post 2336726)
Maybe poor special teams is why we gained so much yardage without scoring.

Or it COULD be because of a lack of healthy running backs. Did you forget that we lost about 5 of them to the IR this year? You see, when you get to the goal line it's all about running the ball and if there is no one to run the ball it makes it awful tough to score a touchdown. A well known fact around these parts is that this has been a problem since the Plummer days.

Popps 03-16-2009 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoemaker (Post 2336751)
Right, Jimbo. Its up to "Coach J-mac" to mend fences with Jay.

How should he go about that? Probably by saying stuff like "We're not going to trade Jay Cutler," treating Cutler like an adult and explaining that he DID listen to offers but then shut them down, and proposing one-on-one, Bus Cook-less meetings where he and the offended QB can sit down and hash things out without outside interference.

That would be the best way for the coach to go about things.

Luckily, this shouldn't be too hard to do, since Jay was in town this very day working out with those teammates that he loves and plays for.

Come on, McFailidiotnumbnuts. Hurry up and mend fences already. Jay's waiting.

:rofl:

fdf 03-16-2009 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Popps (Post 2336724)
The entire organization says they want you back, Jay.

But they didn't say it nicely enough. And, they should have said "please" at least one more time.

Popps 03-16-2009 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fdf (Post 2336852)
But they didn't say it nicely enough. And, they should have said "please" at least one more time.

Probably.

I think most of us would do that if we were mad at our bosses, right? Just not show up?

Seems normal.

Our bosses would probably call and apologize, too.

SJ Bronco 03-16-2009 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Popps (Post 2336854)
Probably.

I think most of us would do that if we were mad at our bosses, right? Just not show up?

Seems normal.

Our bosses would probably call and apologize, too.

Not that I'm disagreeing with you, but If my boss told me the meeting was optional and i was getting paid anyway and i was pissed off, I may not go....

theAPAOps5 03-16-2009 05:58 PM

Meeting wasn't optional the workout after was. At least thats what was said in the papers this weekend.

Popps 03-16-2009 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SJ Bronco (Post 2336861)
Not that I'm disagreeing with you, but If my boss told me the meeting was optional and i was getting paid anyway and i was pissed off, I may not go....

Maybe, but you probably wouldn't tell him to find you another job after he said he wanted you to come back to work.

Or, if you did... at that point, you're to blame, not him.

TonyR 03-16-2009 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SJ Bronco (Post 2336861)
...If my boss told me the meeting was optional and i was getting paid anyway and i was pissed off, I may not go....

Some free career advice for you: if you ever get a new boss I suggest you show up for the first meeting he/she calls.

Taco John 03-16-2009 06:10 PM

I think people are taking the headline to personal. I think by "give Cutler a chance" Armstrong is actually saying "give Cutler a better defense."

NFLBRONCO 03-16-2009 06:11 PM

I think this would be all over IF

Someone would point out to Jay Cassel was traded to kc he acts like he is still available. Cassel does not have a twin brother either.

SportinOne 03-16-2009 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fdf (Post 2336852)

Or they didn't really mean it at all. About 85% of what any front office says is PR.

SportinOne 03-16-2009 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyR (Post 2336882)
Some free career advice for you: if you ever get a new boss I suggest you show up for the first meeting he/she calls.

I'm pretty sure everyone gets it. You all work very hard and athletes shouldn't complain because they make sooo much money... he shouldn't ever get mad, he makes too much money, right?

Man-Goblin 03-16-2009 06:26 PM

Jim Armstrong is the biggest hack of a writer I personally have ever read. He's horrible. HORRIBLE. He gets paid to spew out 3 worthless paragraphs two times a week. If someone is going to push his Cutler agenda he shouldn't use Jim Armstrong as a source.

And oh, by the way, Armstrong stole this entire piece from a poster on this very same board.

Be back in a sec if I can find it.