The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Announcements, Features and Feedback (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Suggestion re: trolls (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=75434)

Florida_Bronco 12-28-2008 10:25 PM

Suggestion re: trolls

It's no secret that we've lost quite a few decent posters over the years because of the way trolls run rampant here. I understand TJ is big on freedom and doesn't like to boot trolls unless they really go overboard, but maybe we could come to some kind of compromise.

Maybe we could setup some kind of "smack talk" forum where the trolls could come to throw around their smack talk and those of us who wish to partake in that can go over there as well...leaving the general discussion forum open to more legitimate football takes.

Sound like a good idea?

Taco John 12-29-2008 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Florida_Bronco (Post 2219612)
It's no secret that we've lost quite a few decent posters over the years because of the way trolls run rampant here.

I've never known this to be the case. In fact, I can only think of one poster who ever wrote me to tell me he was leaving over "trolls." The most commonly cited reason for leaving the forum that I've received notes over is too many girly skin pics to make that person uncomfortable to surf the site at work or in their home living rooms.

gunns 12-29-2008 10:42 AM

I think the trolls are kept in check fairly well here. I've been on boards where the trolls are truly out of control and incredibly immature. Not here.

I think what it is, with the seasons the Broncos have had over the last several years, we just don't want to hear what fans from other teams have to say. Sometimes the truth hurts.

Taco John 12-29-2008 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunns (Post 2220693)
I think the trolls are kept in check fairly well here. I've been on boards where the trolls are truly out of control and incredibly immature. Not here.

I think what it is, with the seasons the Broncos have had over the last several years, we just don't want to hear what fans from other teams have to say. Sometimes the truth hurts.

I have to say that I pretty much agree with this point of view.

Florida_Bronco 12-29-2008 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John (Post 2220381)
I've never known this to be the case. In fact, I can only think of one poster who ever wrote me to tell me he was leaving over "trolls." The most commonly cited reason for leaving the forum that I've received notes over is too many girly skin pics to make that person uncomfortable to surf the site at work or in their home living rooms.

Well TJ, I can tell you that I've exchanged PM's with at least 2 members who have given this reason to me, and another 2 who have indicated that through mutual friends I have here. They have asked me not to mention who they are and I will have to respect that.

Regardless, TJ, you have to know I'm not the only person who feels that way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunns (Post 2220693)

I disagree. They may not be the royal d-bags we see on other forums, but they still cause problems here. Look how many legitimate discussions will get derailed because some troll with throw in some smack and then our fans get fired up and it all degenerates from there.

Quote:

I can count one hand the number of decent posters we have from other teams.

- Crazyhorse (post medical issues, God bless him)
- Naptown
- ROYC (for the most part)
- A Raiders fan whose user name I can't recall off hand

Beyond that, what other fans do we have here that aren't trolling? Just about every Charger fan we have either A) joined during or after 2006 or B) had joined before 2006 but never posted until 2006.

I can handle members that our fans of other teams just fine, provided they don't try to derail our threads with smack talk. Hell, I would be fine with the smack too, provided it was kept seperate like the WRP room. Then I could avoid it or participate depending on my mood.

BuckinKaeding 12-30-2008 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Florida_Bronco (Post 2221063)
Well TJ, I can tell you that I've exchanged PM's with at least 2 members who have given this reason to me, and another 2 who have indicated that through mutual friends I have here. They have asked me not to mention who they are and I will have to respect that.

Regardless, TJ, you have to know I'm not the only person who feels that way.

I disagree. They may not be the royal d-bags we see on other forums, but they still cause problems here. Look how many legitimate discussions will get derailed because some troll with throw in some smack and then our fans get fired up and it all degenerates from there.

I can count one hand the number of decent posters we have from other teams.

- Crazyhorse (post medical issues, God bless him)
- Naptown
- ROYC (for the most part)
- A Raiders fan whose user name I can't recall off hand

Beyond that, what other fans do we have here that aren't trolling? Just about every Charger fan we have either A) joined during or after 2006 or B) had joined before 2006 but never posted until 2006.

I can handle members that our fans of other teams just fine, provided they don't try to derail our threads with smack talk. Hell, I would be fine with the smack too, provided it was kept seperate like the WRP room. Then I could avoid it or participate depending on my mood.

Yeah, they didn't have Chargers fans before 06, thats a well known fact.

Anyways, I would have been posting here a lot more if I ever got my confirmation email. I had to bug TJ about it on ChiefsPlanet.

I'll have 10,000 posts before you know it.

Blueflame 12-30-2008 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 2223458)
Yeah, they didn't have Chargers fans before 06, thats a well known fact.

Anyways, I would have been posting here a lot more if I ever got my confirmation email. I had to bug TJ about it on ChiefsPlanet.

I'll have 10,000 posts before you know it.

Going by your recent posts, the anticipation underwhelms me.

Florida_Bronco 12-30-2008 05:12 PM

OK TJ, the trolls are jumping all over the Shanahan firing.

NOW will you consider doing something? Anything?

BuckinKaeding 12-30-2008 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueflame (Post 2223873)
Going by your recent posts, the anticipation underwhelms me.

Thats too bad.

I refuse to post on any Chargers boards because I feel like I'm dealing with a bunch of retards.

Hopefully I can grow on you.