The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   War, Religion and Politics Thread (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Speculating presidential assassination is unacceptable. (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=73623)

Taco John 11-05-2008 01:20 AM

Speculating presidential assassination is unacceptable.

Don't do it.

SJ Bronco 11-05-2008 07:53 AM

It's a legit topic, there is a real danger that is presented with this president that we have never seen about the likelihood of attempts on his life. I'm sure threats have already been made.

theAPAOps5 11-05-2008 07:57 AM

Well yeah threats have already been made. One thwarted in Colorado another in Tennessee. But this is tied to stuff said last night.

Its ok to say I hope it doesn't happen. Thats not what TJ is refering to I think.

Rohirrim 11-05-2008 08:00 AM

I agree with TJ. There are some nightmares you just don't share.

ak1971 11-05-2008 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohirrim (Post 2154474)

like Ro running naked through the streets?

Rohirrim 11-05-2008 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ak1971 (Post 2154476)
like Ro running naked through the streets?

I told my wife not to post that on Youtube. :P

Odysseus 11-05-2008 09:21 AM

Thank you

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John (Post 2154195)
Don't do it.

What is disappointing is that this actually did need to be stated.

Taco John 11-05-2008 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SJ Bronco (Post 2154467)
It's a legit topic, there is a real danger that is presented with this president that we have never seen about the likelihood of attempts on his life. I'm sure threats have already been made.

It's a legit topic maybe on another forum.

On this one, I won't allow this sort of nonsense speculation to go unchecked. If an attempt is made on his life, or something in the news drives this topic, so be it. But someone just openly speculating that he's going to be assassinated doesn't serve anyone - and puts people (including yourself and this forum in general) at unecessary risk.

Hotrod 11-05-2008 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John (Post 2154697)

On this one, I won't allow this sort of nonsense speculation to go unchecked. If an attempt is made on his life, or something in the news drives this topic, so be it. But someone just openly speculating that he's going to be assassinated doesn't serve anyone - and puts people (including yourself and this forum in general) at unecessary risk.

867-5309 whoops wrong thread

;)

JCMElway 11-05-2008 11:39 AM

Quote:

Fantastic point.

TDmvp 11-05-2008 12:38 PM

but it was ok for the last 8 years ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja (Post 2030542)
Well they got the charges right. Now let him out and give him Bush's schedule.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/image.p...3&type=profile
LOOK at me , I'm a POS who finds joking about a world leaders death funny, if it's one i disagree with .. But don't you dare say something about someone i agree with ... You look like timothy leary on crack i might add ...

.... Now I'm one of the people who went after Bmarsh615 saying stuff lastnight about Obama in PMs to Buff AND I PUSHED FOR PERM BANNING ...

But it goes both ways .... so can maybe both side stop wishing people die and $hit ...

TJ I think any cheering the subject of a politician being assassinated should get you one month ... and then perma ban if you can't learn .

Bronco Yoda 11-05-2008 12:57 PM

It's too late for you TJ.

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/wa...ou-posters.jpg

Hogan11 11-05-2008 04:02 PM

Just because
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QW80Kfg1NKI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QW80Kfg1NKI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

frerottenextelway 11-05-2008 04:52 PM

TJ, this is from Newsweek today. I take it this kind of thing is okay to post (if not, feel free to delete it).

Quote:

The Obama campaign was provided with reports from the Secret Service showing a sharp and disturbing increase in threats to Obama in September and early October, at the same time that many crowds at Palin rallies became more frenzied. Michelle Obama was shaken by the vituperative crowds and the hot rhetoric from the GOP candidates. "Why would they try to make people hate us?" Michelle asked a top campaign aide.

Garcia Bronco 11-05-2008 04:54 PM

Quote:

Absolutely. don't eff up our board.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN 11-05-2008 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDmvp (Post 2154868)
but it was ok for the last 8 years ...

You're a lying sack of sh*t.

Show me where I have ever wished any sort of physical harm on Bush.

Garcia Bronco 11-05-2008 05:37 PM

I've never seen you do it, and I would remember.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN 11-05-2008 05:45 PM

Thanks for that.

So TDmvp, please keep my name out of your bullsh*t smear jobs.

TDmvp 11-06-2008 12:29 AM

You are right L.A. , it was unfair for me to twist what you said around like that . It just chapped me a little that you never came out anti vs those who cheer for Bush's Death ... But regardless it was still wrong for me to twist it around like that . I know you never do that , so it was a cheep shot ...

L.A. BRONCOS FAN 11-06-2008 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDmvp (Post 2155631)
You are right L.A. , it was unfair for me to twist what you said around like that . It just chapped me a little that you never came out anti those cheer for Bush's Death ... But regardless it was still wrong for me to twist it around like that . I know you never do that , so it was a cheep shot ...

Thanks for that.

I'm not aware of anyone cheering for Bush's death, but I would not condone or approve of such behavior.

I lived through the JFK, RFK, and MLK assassinations, and I take that sh*t seriously.

TDmvp 11-06-2008 12:35 AM

np LA , I totally understand ...

Smiling Assassin27 11-06-2008 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohirrim (Post 2154474)

Unless it's George W. Bush...hypocrites.

theAPAOps5 11-06-2008 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 (Post 2155806)

Has anyone who has posted in this thread called for the assassination of Bush. I don't think so and that wouldn't make anyone here hypocrites. No matter how bad you think a president is there are lines you never cross.

Rohirrim 11-06-2008 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 (Post 2155806)

You're right. We have all shared the nightmare of George Bush.

Ten more weeks and a wake up. :thumbsup:

Hotrod 11-06-2008 08:38 AM

Quick question is it ok to speculate on Barrys impeachment???