The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Announcements, Features and Feedback (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   "On-Season" Mode starts August 9th... (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=69506)

Taco John 07-26-2008 04:08 PM

"On-Season" Mode starts August 9th...

It's just about that time of year again...

For those new to how we do things here, during "On-Season" mode the main forum turns into NFL Football related topics only, with a few exceptions for major events (sports and life) and important community notices (like the birth of kids, and major life announcements from our Broncos brothers and sisters).

Enjoy the off topics here while you can. On August 9th, the Broncos travel to Houston to play Kubiak's Texans, and at that time, it's full steam ahead with "On Season Mode." :thumbs:

SouthStndJunkie 07-26-2008 04:14 PM

Any chance the General Baseball Thread 2008 can stay through the end of the baseball season?

If not, no big deal.

elsid13 07-26-2008 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie (Post 2017502)
Any chance the General Baseball Thread 2008 can stay through the end of the baseball season?

If not, no big deal.

TJ usually allows the Baseball thread to continue

elsid13 07-26-2008 04:16 PM

Does this means Spider can not post anymore???

watermock 07-26-2008 04:29 PM

did I miss the FF draft?

24champ 07-26-2008 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elsid13 (Post 2017505)
TJ usually allows the Baseball thread to continue

Not if the Mariners keep sucking.

Just kidding Taco. :wave:

Bronco LB 59 07-26-2008 04:34 PM

One request, I think college football topics should be posted on the main page. NFL football and college football go hand in hand.

There are countless college fans here that don't even make their way into the hard to find college football boards on this site.

Earendil 07-26-2008 04:47 PM

This is what happens when I disconnect for a while; my two favorite teams play in two weeks in my hometown and I just now found out about it. I just hope they televise it in Austin.

Orange_Beard 07-26-2008 05:51 PM

Sooner!

**** the baseball thread, go to the baseball forum.

Orange_Beard 07-26-2008 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bronco LB 52 (Post 2017537)
One request, I think college football topics should be posted on the main page. NFL football and college football go hand in hand.

There are countless college fans here that don't even make their way into the hard to find college football boards on this site.

No, please no.

2KBack 07-26-2008 06:01 PM

Quote:

you could potentially wash out the bronco threads, seeing as how this isn't a collection of fans of one college team. On a Broncos board, the main forum should be NFL football. There's always been a College ball forum to frequent for those that want it.

Taco John 07-26-2008 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie (Post 2017502)

If not, no big deal.

Absolutely. That one usually sticks around until Baseball is done.

Taco John 07-26-2008 06:10 PM

Quote:

I'll examine the situation.

Orange_Beard 07-26-2008 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John (Post 2017596)
I'll examine the situation.

Please don't water down the board. Keep focus.

Don't try to be everything for everybody.

Arkansas Bronco 07-26-2008 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orange_Beard (Post 2017605)
Please don't water down the board. Keep focus.

Don't try to be everything for everybody.

I will have to agree most NCAA teams have a board already (which I am a member of my teams member list) no need to tie NCAA and the Broncos together. To many schools with to much junk will really mess up bronco information. Not big on baseball topics either but TJ is the man so if thats what he wants so be it.

Sassy 07-26-2008 06:49 PM

No. I vote Broncos only on Main page....it's hard enough to keep up with...lots of Broncos info gets booted to page 2 and 3 before you even have a chance to read it.

Arkansas Bronco 07-26-2008 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy (Post 2017636)
No. I vote Broncos only on Main page....it's hard enough to keep up with...lots of Broncos info gets booted to page 2 and 3 before you even have a chance to read it.

I knew I liked you for a reason. :notworthy

Taco John 07-26-2008 06:57 PM

I don't expect that we're going to be making any broad or sweeping changes here - but I'll at least take a look at the suggestions people make and evaluate from there.

Sassy 07-26-2008 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkansas Bronco (Post 2017638)
I knew I liked you for a reason. :notworthy

The OM is a Bronco board...every other team is secondary...:sunshine:

Earendil 07-26-2008 07:39 PM

If it wasn't for the draft I'd never notice the NCAA and their elected "Champions. " I've been in Austin for twenty years, off and on, and didn't know a thing about Selvin Young (except he got hurt a lot) until we picked him up last season. This isn't a democracy as such, but if I had a vote to cast I'd say let the bears pay the bear tax, and keep the Broncos board a Broncos board.

SouthStndJunkie 07-26-2008 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John (Post 2017594)
Absolutely. That one usually sticks around until Baseball is done.

Thanks.

SouthStndJunkie 07-26-2008 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkansas Bronco (Post 2017632)
I will have to agree most NCAA teams have a board already (which I am a member of my teams member list) no need to tie NCAA and the Broncos together. To many schools with to much junk will really mess up bronco information. Not big on baseball topics either but TJ is the man so if thats what he wants so be it.

It's only one thread.

SouthStndJunkie 07-26-2008 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy (Post 2017636)

Even better yet....have people pay attention and not start 5 threads on the same subject or a slight variation of the same subject, or start an entire thread for every single news article. That is a lot of the reason that the board gets cluttered up.

Sassy 07-26-2008 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie (Post 2017710)
Even better yet....have people pay attention and not start 5 threads on the same subject or a slight variation of the same subject, or start an entire thread for every single news article. That is a lot of the reason that the board gets cluttered up.

:thumbsup:

Arkansas Bronco 07-26-2008 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie (Post 2017703)
It's only one thread.

Id like to know where you came from. If it was only one HAHA. Baseball and NCAA spread, everyone wants to be a hero and post new info. Your not new and I know you have seen it so quit calling me out, because I dont come to a bronco board for this crap. If I want my Razorbacks or Cubs Ill go to there sites not here.