The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Maniac Community Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   OT: Gardening thread (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=67801)

Cito Pelon 04-19-2008 06:27 AM

OT: Gardening thread

I've started this thread for a few years now, so I figure I'll start it again. It's time to get the earth turned over and get ready to seed and plant. Same old deal with me - pole beans, squash, radish, green leaf, cukes, onions, tomatoes. Strawberries I get plenty every year, raspberries the birds get them too fast. I'll get the grapes, apples later in the year. Wild plums I'll get plenty of them come late August.

So, what are your gardening plans?

400HZ 04-19-2008 07:52 AM

I'm going to grow some goddamn tomatoes this year.

broncofan2438 04-19-2008 09:30 AM

Im going to grow some Charger haiter fans

Paladin 04-19-2008 09:35 AM

I had six tomato plants out last year, and a damm deer ate them up. The SOBs just don't fear anything when food is out there, do they? This year, I am gonna build a 10 foot fence around the plants, and put in a security system......

Or invite someone to sit on my patio and plink the damm things......

baja 04-19-2008 09:46 AM

My garden season is coming to an end but I want to figure a way to grow in the heat of the summer. I want to try a green house with evaporative coolers and natural shade.

Normally I grow a lot of sprouts and wheat grass and make a higher % of my diet in season fruit.

BowlenBall 04-19-2008 10:51 AM

Gardening thread?

A FREAKING GARDENING THREAD?

What's next -- a sewing circle thread? Are we football fans, or are we a bunch of Nancy boys?

Dagmar 04-19-2008 10:54 AM

http://www.buymarijuanaforsale.com/marijuana.jpg

How does my garden grow?

Dagmar 04-19-2008 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExpatFan (Post 1951464)
Gardening thread?

What's next -- a sewing circle thread? Are we football fans, or are we a bunch of Nancy boys?

I think we all know the answer to that...

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/im...ge-Posters.jpg

We like to prance, in the land of the nance...

~Crash~ 04-19-2008 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja (Post 1951423)
My garden season is coming to an end but I want to figure a way to grow in the heat of the summer. I want to try a green house with evaporative coolers and natural shade.

Normally I grow a lot of sprouts and wheat grass and make a higher % of my diet in season fruit.

I have to grow in the heat I do have problems setting after 103 * will this help you if not I could see evaporative coolers .... let me know I got a tomato cultvar that sets up to 103*

last year I was setting veggies all season long first time ever:strong:

Sassy 04-19-2008 11:29 AM

Quote:

Gardening thread?

...and just what is wrong with that.
We have some serious gardeners on here.

...and it is still the off-season!

Sassy 04-19-2008 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cito Pelon (Post 1951372)
I've started this thread for a few years now, so I figure I'll start it again. It's time to get the earth turned over and get ready to seed and plant. Same old deal with me - pole beans, squash, radish, green leaf, cukes, onions, tomatoes. Strawberries I get plenty every year, raspberries the birds get them too fast. I'll get the grapes, apples later in the year. Wild plums I'll get plenty of them come late August.

So, what are your gardening plans?

I have strawberries coming up all over...but still need to my garden cleaned out...will do it this weekend! It's gorgeous out today and tomorrow!

I have a really small space...but I'll throw in the usual peppers, a couple of grape/cherry tomatoes and some spices...Oh yeah...and the usual ton of daisies, lilies, hydrangeas, lavendar, etc.

~Crash~ 04-19-2008 11:32 AM

Quote:

Gardening thread?

I never seen a farmer called a Nancy boy but if you think growing food a bad thing you need some hunger pains lol

BowlenBall 04-19-2008 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy (Post 1951486)
...and just what is wrong with that.
We have some serious gardeners on here.

...and it is still the off-season!

I know -- I'm not trying to denigrate gardeners. It's just a little.... well... effete for a football message board.

Check out the Raiders message boards -- they've got offseason topics like "OT: need advice on how to decline my cellmate's unwanted advances". Chiefs fans have threads titled "OT: what states allow first-cousin marriages?"

And then there's the Chargers message board thread: "How can we remain loyal to a team chock-full of dorkwads like Phillip Rivers and Shawne 'lights-off' Merriman"? (this one is actually on-topic)

Now THOSE are some appropriate off-season threads!

~Crash~ 04-19-2008 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy (Post 1951487)
I have strawberries coming up all over...but still need to my garden cleaned out...will do it this weekend! It's gorgeous out today and tomorrow!

I wish I could grow strawberrys I love them I keep trying ... no luck !!! I always get bussy late august and foget to watter not good here in Arkansas .... in Idaho no biggie they would some how make it though the year ...

I gues I sould put in a watter sytsem I am to busssy this year but maybe next year I will do my whole place

My black berries are going to be a bumper crop for the fist time in 3 years the late frost did not get to them this year !!!!!!!!!!!!!Booya! !Booya! !Booya!

Sassy 04-19-2008 11:54 AM

I had 3 strawberry plants is all...now it's going to be a pain to rake out the leaves around them...hopefully, I don't have the deer/rabbits get them.

Sassy 04-19-2008 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExpatFan (Post 1951490)
I know -- I'm not trying to denigrate gardeners. It's just a little.... well... effete for a football message board.

Check out the Raiders message boards -- they've got offseason topics like "OT: need advice on how to decline my cellmate's unwanted advances". Chiefs fans have threads titled "OT: what states allow first-cousin marriages?"

And then there's the Chargers message board thread: "How can we remain loyal to a team chock-full of dorkwads like Phillip Rivers and Shawne 'lights-off' Merriman"? (this one is actually on-topic)

This board discusses everything in the off-season...and during the season in the off-topics/political. It's a football board...but we do talk about other things...what else is there to do when there is not much football talk.
My guess is that every sports board will have off-topics especially during the summer. Besides, most of the regulars here have been meeting for games and chatting for the last 7 years...so we do know a lot about each other.

Citi..now you have me all excited...I need to go to the nursery and see what they've got out today! LOL!....it's early here yet...so I'm guessing it might be a couple of weeks before everything is out.

Bronco Billy 04-19-2008 12:00 PM

I can see Expatfan's point about a gardening thread on a football site, but it's been on here in the past and it doesn't even come close to the worst OT threads in the off-season.

OABB 04-19-2008 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExpatFan (Post 1951490)

lol!

as far as the nature of nancy boys here, don't get me started.

however, i don't think gardening qualifies as effete...

and, as sassy said, it's the offseason...

at least no one's asking where to find a certain soft drink....

Los Broncos 04-19-2008 12:13 PM

Dam, wish I had a garden.

Did a lot of it when I was younger.

Sassy 04-19-2008 12:19 PM

Quote:

Gardening thread?

The main board will go back to all football once the season starts...

BowlenBall 04-19-2008 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy (Post 1951520)
The main board will go back to all football once the season starts...

Sorry Sassy, I was just poking a little fun, that's all. The "OT:Gardening Thread" title just struck me as funny.

Besides, I actually DID find a gardening thread on the Raiders message boards. Here's a picture::thanku:

http://www.planet-wissen.de/pics/IEP...s_cannabis.jpg

Los Broncos 04-19-2008 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty Shackleford (Post 1951467)

Legalize it, save some sensimilla for me.

Sassy 04-19-2008 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExpatFan (Post 1951527)
Sorry Sassy, I was just poking a little fun, that's all. The "OT:Gardening Thread" title just struck me as funny.

Besides, I actually DID find a gardening thread on the Raiders message boards. Here's a picture::thanku:

http://www.planet-wissen.de/pics/IEP...s_cannabis.jpg

Ha! Well, the Raider fans don't typically have ANY football to talk about all season :devil: ;D

~Crash~ 04-19-2008 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynch Mob72 (Post 1951513)
Dam, wish I had a garden.

Did a lot of it when I was younger.

Make one you can garden any were !

Sodak 04-19-2008 02:44 PM

I like to grow bananas!