The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   MLB (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Rockies current run (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=61890)

JCMElway 10-12-2007 03:02 AM

Rockies current run

Wow, I'm surprised more Rox fans aren't in here talking about the game. They looked amazing vs. the Dbacks tonight. Great defense, very good pitching, and smart, patient, timely hitting. My only question is:

When did the Rockies get this damn good? It has seemed that they were the cellar dwellers of the west for 14 years. To have all this young talent come together, especially in the last part of September, is amazing.

So, be honest. How many Rox fans honestly thought the playoffs were a possibility this year? And, will this success continue, or are the Rockies a flash in the pan?

rubaiyat 10-12-2007 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCMElway (Post 1749199)
Wow, I'm surprised more Rox fans aren't in here talking about the game. They looked amazing vs. the Dbacks tonight. Great defense, very good pitching, and smart, patient, timely hitting. My only question is:

When did the Rockies get this damn good? It has seemed that they were the cellar dwellers of the west for 14 years. To have all this young talent come together, especially in the last part of September, is amazing.

So, be honest. How many Rox fans honestly thought the playoffs were a possibility this year? And, will this success continue, or are the Rockies a flash in the pan?

I thought the playoffs were a possibility...more than simply nonzero.

But I honestly can't state I thought they had a GOOD chance. I figured the pitching of SD/Arizona would keep them decent, the Gigantes would suck it up or maybe pull off mediocre and the Dodgers might pull it together.

I even counted them out at 4 games back. Figured with Arizona, SD, Atlanta, and LA for 2 spots, it would be just too much for a young team.

And even when we smoked it, the Phillies started getting it together, and it still took an unprecedented collapse by the Mets to at least assist the Rockies in.

This is a storybook year, and I'm loving it.

JCMElway 10-12-2007 12:42 PM

It is a storybook year, and it certainly helps with the Broncs having a down year.

Master___Pain 10-12-2007 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCMElway (Post 1749445)
It is a storybook year, and it certainly helps with the Broncs having a down year.

The General Baseball thread on the main page has plenty of Rockies fans talking about this season.

JCMElway 10-13-2007 04:16 AM

Missed it. Thanks MP.

theAPAOps5 10-13-2007 11:36 AM

It wasn't just September that they got hot. They had the best record in baseball from about the end of May on.

Odysseus 10-13-2007 12:35 PM

Holy Crap! WHEN did this team start being THIS good? I cannot catch most of the games but these guys were playing smart as I have ever seen a baseball team play. They didn't get hurried. Didin't get ruffled. Helton is finally getting his due. This is great. I didn't think O'Dowd had it in him! Bravo!

DomCasual 10-16-2007 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quiettiger (Post 1750191)
Holy Crap! WHEN did this team start being THIS good? I cannot catch most of the games but these guys were playing smart as I have ever seen a baseball team play. They didn't get hurried. Didin't get ruffled. Helton is finally getting his due. This is great. I didn't think O'Dowd had it in him! Bravo!

Dude, you need to check out the General Baseball Thread. It has over a hundred pages of posts (something like 2,700 new posts) in the last couple weeks. A lot of us have lived in there the last two or three weeks.