The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Tailgate Recipes (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Atomic Meatballs (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=60709)

chadta 09-14-2007 10:44 AM

Atomic Meatballs

Ingredients

2 pounds lean ground beef (Canadian of course)
6 of the hottest Italian sausages you can find, I’ve also used Mexican sausages
3-6 scotch bonnet peppers
3-6 jalapeņo peppers
3-6 habanero peppers
6-12 chili peppers
Onion salt
2 bottles of your favorite hot chicken wing sauce

ok start off skinning the sausages, and running all your peppers threw a food processor, the finer the better ,now mix the sausage meat with the lean ground beef, the diced peppers and onion salt, make sure to mix it really good and pick out any really big chunks of pepper that may have slipped threw. Cover with plastic wrap and set in the fridge for an hour or two.

Now form into balls and fry in a bit of your favorite oil, make sure to cook thoroughly, once cooked put the meatballs into a crock pot (slow cooker) on low with your 2 bottles of chicken wing sauce for about 2 – 3 hours. (make sure the meatballs are covered with sauce)

Atomic meat balls are now done, place them into a cheap disposable tin foil container, it’s the easiest thing to take, and you can just toss it onto the bbq or into the oven of somebody’s RV to warm up at the tailgate.

The result should be a nice hot meatball thats not just vinegar hot but actually hot and full of flavor.

WARNING, yes these will be hot, but more importantly THEY STAIN

Sassy 09-14-2007 10:54 AM

What are scotch bonnet peppers?

TailgateNut 09-14-2007 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy (Post 1712596)
What are scotch bonnet peppers?

HOT!!!!
This small (1 to 1-1/2 inches in diameter), irregularly shaped chile ranges in color from yellow to orange to red. The Scotch bonnet is one of the hottest of the chiles and is closely related to the equally fiery jamaican hot and the habanero. See also chile.

Orange_Beard 09-14-2007 11:47 PM

When they hurt more? The day you eat them or the next day.

Orange_Beard 09-14-2007 11:53 PM

I also heard that these meatballs inspired Johnny Cash to write "ring of fire"

chadta 09-15-2007 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orange_Beard (Post 1713434)
When they hurt more? The day you eat them or the next day.

i dunno, ive got crohns, so gettin it out is never a problem, altho after eating these you wont have a problem either.

Vladimir 11-04-2007 04:31 AM

They sound good but im afraid they would probably be too hot!

Bronx33 11-16-2007 06:01 PM

It looks like a frat house recipe for disaster and what exactly does it stain? your colon?

SBboundBroncos 01-28-2009 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bronx33 (Post 1787066)
It looks like a frat house recipe for disaster and what exactly does it stain? your colon?

these sound good

and i would assume they stain your clothes . . . and burn a hole through your colon

CHEF LUIGI 11-15-2013 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bronx33 (Post 1787066)

LMAo, DID YOU byao?

CHEF LUIGI 11-15-2013 08:02 AM

fwiw,
I reccomend browning all meatballs in oil first, but only just for browning, NOT to complete the cooking
finish the meatballs by cooking them on a sheet pan in the oven.
this way your balls will be thoroughly cooked but not too crusty on the outside.
sauce them after they are cooked, as suggested.

the size of the ball determined how hot and how long.
a 350- 400 degree oven
the bigger the ball the lower the heat and longer the cook time.
example
ping pongball size 400 degrees 20 minutes
softball size
350 degrees 1 hour.
egg or flour is a good binding agent to keep the balls in shape but if you are grinding ingredients with the meat, especially pork, a binder is not required. refrigerating your balls for an hour after you shape them also helps to keep their shape and may elininate the need for a 'binder' like flour eggs or breadcrumbs.
if you choose to use a binder, I reccomend crushed , flavored croutons, depending on your recipe.

CHEF LUIGI 11-15-2013 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadta (Post 1713615)
i dunno, ive got crohns, so gettin it out is never a problem, altho after eating these you wont have a problem either.

this sounds like the reason you have crohns !

ghwk 11-15-2013 09:58 AM

hehe he said "refrigerate your balls" hehe

Jason in LA 03-25-2014 03:12 PM

We could use a youtube video for the instructions.