The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   NBA & NCAA (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Oden Out Entire Season (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=60658)

RhymesayersDU 09-13-2007 02:33 PM

Oden Out Entire Season

Knee surgery was bad! Sucks to hear, he has loads of potential.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3017538

Bronco LB 59 09-13-2007 04:10 PM

What a shame. That's unfortunate since the NBA needed the Oden-Durant rivalry to generate positive press in the game again. The Sonics-Blazers game on Christmas Day doesn't look so good now.

RhymesayersDU 09-13-2007 04:14 PM

I agree to a point.

Although, I think this is the year the NBA could really come back, because Boston is good. This year, if things go to plan, NBA Fans will see a real NBA Finals. A real battle. That'll be good for everybody, IMO. The East is trying hard to come back. Detroit will be there. Chicago will too. Cleveland & Miami have LeBron and DWade. I think there's a lot to be excited about. As long as the refs stop hanging out with mobsters.

Goobzilla 09-13-2007 05:44 PM

Among the best comments I've read so far are:

"Are you sure it wasn't a broken hip?"
"Oden was having some shrapnel removed from when he was in 'Nam."

Seriously though, it is a shame. As we all know in Denver, microfracture surgery is a big deal and the outcome isn't always positive. Hope he's able to come back and we see his true potential.

Bronco LB 59 09-13-2007 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU (Post 1711645)
I agree to a point.

Although, I think this is the year the NBA could really come back, because Boston is good. This year, if things go to plan, NBA Fans will see a real NBA Finals. A real battle. That'll be good for everybody, IMO. The East is trying hard to come back. Detroit will be there. Chicago will too. Cleveland & Miami have LeBron and DWade. I think there's a lot to be excited about. As long as the refs stop hanging out with mobsters.

I'm excited about the Celtics too, but I wonder if they have enough around their Superstar Trio to assemble a Finals quality basketball team. 4-8 on the Celtics isn't looking so hot.

I love the Bulls as well, but I think what the East needs is one young team from the Orlando, Charlotte and Atlanta group making a strong charge and cracking the playoffs. That's the only way the East is ever going to stand up to the depth of the West, the young teams putting it together and becoming something.

Natedog24 09-13-2007 09:11 PM

**** this sucks, Portland is a cursed place for centers...

The only good thing I can see from this is that Portland is on the highway back into the NBA lottery next year, again...

NaptownChief 09-14-2007 12:14 AM

Certainly hate to see this for anyone but especially for a good Hoosier kid like Oden. THis is a good reminder as to why you need to go cash your lottery ticket as soon as you can. If he stayed in school he likely would just be a broke college student with a bad knee, at least now he is a millionaire. Hopefully he recovers fully and can come back and earn the money however.

RhymesayersDU 09-14-2007 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goobzilla (Post 1711796)
Among the best comments I've read so far are:

"Are you sure it wasn't a broken hip?"
"Oden was having some shrapnel removed from when he was in 'Nam."

Seriously though, it is a shame. As we all know in Denver, microfracture surgery is a big deal and the outcome isn't always positive. Hope he's able to come back and we see his true potential.

Yeah, I'm surprised he was able to even participate in the summer league, you know, being 80 and all.

RhymesayersDU 09-14-2007 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bronco LB 52 (Post 1711935)
I'm excited about the Celtics too, but I wonder if they have enough around their Superstar Trio to assemble a Finals quality basketball team. 4-8 on the Celtics isn't looking so hot.

I love the Bulls as well, but I think what the East needs is one young team from the Orlando, Charlotte and Atlanta group making a strong charge and cracking the playoffs. That's the only way the East is ever going to stand up to the depth of the West, the young teams putting it together and becoming something.

Well Orlando might be coming, they've literally got Shaq 2.0 in Dwight Howard and have got some young pieces that hopefully will improve.