The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Announcements, Features and Feedback (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Dragondawg...please combine some news to fewer threads. (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=60363)

55CrushEm 09-07-2007 09:01 AM

Dragondawg...please combine some news to fewer threads.
 
Not to be an a$$.....I'm sure many appreaciate the news stories....I am certainly one that does. But right now there are 11 threads started by you on the 1st page.

This pushes other good/interesting threads off the 1st page. If you don't mind....try combining 3 or 4 stories to ONE thread.

Just a suggestion.....:sunshine:

Arkansas Bronco 09-07-2007 09:05 AM

55, D-Dawg brings the news you dont so shove it.

Bronco_Beerslug 09-07-2007 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 55CrushEm (Post 1702659)
Not to be an a$$.....I'm sure many appreaciate the news stories....I am certainly one that does. But right now there are 11 threads started by you on the 1st page.

This pushes other good/interesting threads off the 1st page. If you don't mind....try combining 3 or 4 stories to ONE thread.

Just a suggestion.....:sunshine:

Yeah, good idea. Not every Post or News article needs it's own thread.

Crushaholic 09-07-2007 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 55CrushEm (Post 1702659)
Not to be an a$$.....I'm sure many appreaciate the news stories....I am certainly one that does. But right now there are 11 threads started by you on the 1st page.

This pushes other good/interesting threads off the 1st page. If you don't mind....try combining 3 or 4 stories to ONE thread.

Just a suggestion.....:sunshine:

New articles bring up new angles to discuss. Sometimes, it's just a quote or two that people find humorous. Therefore, a new thread keeps the discussion from being muddled. Besides, what other "good/interesting threads" are there? Those threads that don't pertain to the Broncos or the NFL get shipped off to their appropriate forums...

Hogan11 09-07-2007 09:19 AM

Just go to the Denver Post and read the articles there since that's where most of them come from.

ant1999e 09-07-2007 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkansas Bronco (Post 1702660)
55, D-Dawg brings the news you dont so shove it.

I second that motion.:thumbsup:

shakenbake 09-07-2007 09:22 AM

I can find the news on my own, we really don't need 11 new threads a day. what ever happened to the one thread with all the news regarding the broncos.

Crushaholic 09-07-2007 09:24 AM

Think of it this way. Would you guys rather have the front page filled up with trollish threads from Bob and his ilk? I thought not...

Hogan11 09-07-2007 09:27 AM

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos

There...I just did it for all of you. All the articles posted under one URL.

New stuff is posted on there after midnight EST daily.

Problem solved.

Bronco_Beerslug 09-07-2007 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushaholic (Post 1702676)
Think of it this way. Would you guys rather have the front page filled up with trollish threads from Bob and his ilk? I thought not...

Don't respond to them if you don't want to read them, they go away.

BroncoFiend 09-07-2007 09:27 AM

I like each news story having it's own thread. But hey that's just me.

TheReverend 09-07-2007 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakenbake (Post 1702674)
I can find the news on my own, we really don't need 11 new threads a day. what ever happened to the one thread with all the news regarding the broncos.

Congratulations you can find the news on your own. Then you should be able to ignore the threads you don't want to read on your own too.

Go Dragondawg.

55CrushEm 09-07-2007 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkansas Bronco (Post 1702660)
55, D-Dawg brings the news you dont so shove it.

Nah....you shove it, dip****.

Read my post again. I said I like the news stories.....only that we don't need a separate thread on each one.

Someone here used to do a daily Broncos news thread in a PDF file that captured everything Bronco related from just about every website/newspaper.......I think it was NeedAPassRush....not sure.

bowtown 09-07-2007 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakenbake (Post 1702674)
I can find the news on my own, we really don't need 11 new threads a day. what ever happened to the one thread with all the news regarding the broncos.

Yeah, I can find it on my own too, but it's a whole lot easier for me to be able to go to one place and get it all instead of linking from paper to paper and hoping I didn't miss anything. I don't always get into a lot of the dumb discussion that goes on here, but I do actually like the fact that there is some real football news about which people can discuss actuall football topics. The more the better. I would perfer if the front was only news threads that people were talking about, rather than whiney threads about how there is too much news.

Natedogg 09-07-2007 09:32 AM

Keep up the good work DDawg. Maybe some of you don't notice but ddawg brings us the news from a big variety of sites (NOT just the post and the news) its the gem small or other team sites which are the best.

I say keep up the great work. One of the best things about the mane.

Crushaholic 09-07-2007 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 55CrushEm (Post 1702682)
Nah....you shove it, dip****.

Read my post again. I said I like the news stories.....only that we don't need a separate thread on each one.

Someone here used to do a daily Broncos news thread in a PDF file that captured everything Bronco related from just about every website/newspaper.......I think it was NeedAPassRush....not sure.

Why would we want to do that? This a a forum dedicated to the Denver Broncos. If anything, that's ALL we should be discussing. Anything else is secondary.

55CrushEm 09-07-2007 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowtown (Post 1702686)
I would perfer if the front was only news threads that people were talking about, rather than whiney threads about how there is too much news.

It wasn't a "whine"....it was a SUGGESTION. Again, I like the stories.....just combine them to fewer threads....as I said, someone here used to do it.

Never said there was "too much news"....just too many threads that are being bumped off the front page.....

Bronco_Beerslug 09-07-2007 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowtown (Post 1702686)
Yeah, I can find it on my own too, but it's a whole lot easier for me to be able to go to one place and get it all instead of linking from paper to paper and hoping I didn't miss anything. I don't always get into a lot of the dumb discussion that goes on here, but I do actually like the fact that there is some real football news about which people can discuss actuall football topics. The more the better. I would perfer if the front was only news threads that people were talking about, rather than whiney threads about how there is too much news.

Isn't that what he said?

Good job, whining about "whiney" threads.

sixtimeseight 09-07-2007 09:35 AM

I agree. I'm sick of his threads spamming up the first page.

Man-Goblin 09-07-2007 09:38 AM

I'm one who usually reads the articles from the source. That being said, it's nice to know if there is something in the article I want to comment on there is usually a thread already devoted to it when I log on here.

Plus, since it is the beginning of the season there are many more Broncos articles out there, hence more threads. The number will obviously be reduced as we move on in the season.

Rugby7 09-07-2007 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkansas Bronco (Post 1702660)
55, D-Dawg brings the news you dont so shove it.

Exactly,

Thanks D-Dawg

55CrushEm 09-07-2007 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushaholic (Post 1702688)
This a a forum dedicated to the Denver Broncos. If anything, that's ALL we should be discussing. Anything else is secondary.

Thanks....I never realized this was a forum dedicated to the Broncos. Uhh

But if you are suggesting that ALL we should be discussing is news that is reported in the Denver Post....then I have to respectfully disagree. We also discuss our opinions, concerns, and questions on MANY topics that are never brought up in the media. It is many of THOSE threads I enjoy too....but many get bumped off the 1st page due to a new thread being started about every news story.

Again, my only suggestion was to COMBINE a few.....NOT ELIMINATE the news entirely.....

Once again, a few people flying off the handle from what I thought was a FRIENDLY SUGGESTION.....

bowtown 09-07-2007 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bronco_Beerslug (Post 1702692)
Isn't that what he said?

Good job, whining about "whiney" threads.

Right, but I like to read what people think about certain articles. I'm not really interested in scrolling through comments about every article of the day just to try and find the posts about the aritcle I'm interested in. It just makes sense to me that news about the broncos is one of the best ways to spur conversation on. I'd much rather have a board full of news items than Official Brody Croil vs. Jay Cutler or Caption this Picture threads. Maybe I'm just in the wrong place.

And good job whining about my whining about the "whiney" threads... this is fun, right?

footstepsfrom#27 09-07-2007 09:46 AM

Goody! Something new to quibble about. ::)

TheReverend 09-07-2007 09:50 AM

Seriously this is retarded. If you can find the news on your own then why the hell are you lazy you can't click to the 2nd page if the first page is too "cluttered"?

Let TJ and his Mods run the site. When they have an issue THEY'll ask Dragondawg to combine them, or they'll merge them themselves. We don't need people knocking solid contributors to the site that have .


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.