The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Announcements, Features and Feedback (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Another worthless thread but what is offseason mode? (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=56687)

azbroncfan 05-23-2007 11:50 AM

Another worthless thread but what is offseason mode?

I notice some threads are moved and others are not? Either have it offseason or not instead of waffling back and forth. Can someone explain why we can have a draft lottery question, playoff discussion, Lebron thread main board but have to move the FA list thread or Llama thread?

ZONA 05-23-2007 11:54 AM

I've wondered the same thing. I blame it on Garcia :thumbs: Matter of fact, I bet this ends up at the Butt by noon.

azbroncfan 06-12-2007 02:17 PM

I'm still wondering what offseason mode is? I don't mind having different categories but I would like some consistency. Why can there be no NBA threads on main forum but wesley snipe threads and other garbage like that?

Los Broncos 06-12-2007 02:20 PM

I would like to see some different threads. Maybe about marriage, more about electronics and such.

Tredici 06-12-2007 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azbroncfan (Post 1614034)
I'm still wondering what offseason mode is? I don't mind having different categories but I would like some consistency. Why can there be no NBA threads on main forum but wesley snipe threads and other garbage like that?

There is an NBA Thread. It just gets pushed down and you have to go locate it. This is why I preferred the Hockey thread to stay in the Hockey forum. I could always find it quickly.

Garcia Bronco 06-12-2007 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azbroncfan (Post 1595300)
I notice some threads are moved and others are not? Either have it offseason or not instead of waffling back and forth. Can someone explain why we can have a draft lottery question, playoff discussion, Lebron thread main board but have to move the FA list thread or Llama thread?

You have just violated the rules of offseason mode...prepare....for death.

Los Broncos 06-12-2007 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 1614042)
You have just violated the rules of offseason mode...prepare....for death.

:rofl:

Kaylore 06-12-2007 02:35 PM

I hate offseason mode.

smalltowngrll 06-12-2007 02:57 PM

Some threads are just easier to find in the other sports type forums or the community forum. I personally don't like to see a ton of political threads in this forum because, believe it or not, they are worse than the old "Jake Debate" threads. If I want to go in there, I'll click on it. That's why that forum says it's loosely moderated!

Needless to say, I've no complaints with any actions thus far by any of the mods! Carry on with your great service! ;D

alkemical 06-12-2007 03:21 PM

if it has any merit what-so-ever - it will be moved. The more retarded a thread - the more likley it will hang on the main board.

Blueflame 06-12-2007 03:24 PM

The "Llama" threads... or any threads that single out a poster for special ridicule will generally be moved to the Butt. While it's certainly understandable that sometimes a poster will "deserve" to be singled out and served some crow, it's unseemly to have that "front-and-center" on the main forum where it's the first thing visitors to the forum will see.

broncosteven 06-12-2007 03:38 PM

I only hang in Football forum so I like the diversity during offseason though actual football stuff falls off main page. In reality the actual football stuff falls only because people do not support them with posts.

If you want to see football stuff on the main page post something & support others with bumps at the least.

Master___Pain 06-12-2007 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueflame (Post 1614102)
The "Llama" threads... or any threads that single out a poster for special ridicule will generally be moved to the Butt. While it's certainly understandable that sometimes a poster will "deserve" to be singled out and served some crow, it's unseemly to have that "front-and-center" on the main forum where it's the first thing visitors to the forum will see.

This holds no water. You cannot "visit" this site. You have to be a registered member to view the OM. Personally I think there should not be an "off season" mode. Have a "pub" sub forum where anything goes....oh wait, there already is one. The football board should be any and all things NFL related, so what if it slows down from May to July.

smalltowngrll 06-12-2007 04:46 PM

No matter what the rules are, they will not make everyone happy! I suppose the solution would be to learn to adapt.

Blueflame 06-13-2007 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Master___Pain (Post 1614129)
This holds no water. You cannot "visit" this site. You have to be a registered member to view the OM. Personally I think there should not be an "off season" mode. Have a "pub" sub forum where anything goes....oh wait, there already is one. The football board should be any and all things NFL related, so what if it slows down from May to July.

Personally, I do prefer "on-season mode"... this forum's "raison d'etre" is football and while people enjoy discussing off-topics, hey, that's what the off-topics subforum is for. Why have subforums if everyone's gonna just post whatever on the main board anyway? ??? Any move a mod makes is likely to spark a whine during "off-season mode".... and then when we do return to "on-season mode" there's always an adjustment time as some get used to the idea that the main board really is back to football-only.

Master___Pain 06-13-2007 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueflame (Post 1614725)
Personally, I do prefer "on-season mode"... this forum's "raison d'etre" is football and while people enjoy discussing off-topics, hey, that's what the off-topics subforum is for. Why have subforums if everyone's gonna just post whatever on the main board anyway? ??? Any move a mod makes is likely to spark a whine during "off-season mode".... and then when we do return to "on-season mode" there's always an adjustment time as some get used to the idea that the main board really is back to football-only.

Completely agree Blue, but it's not our board.

Blueflame 06-13-2007 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Master___Pain (Post 1615112)
Completely agree Blue, but it's not our board.

But it kinda is "our board"... without the posters, the Mane wouldn't be what it is now. It's just that in "off-season mode" it starts to seem like Chefs Planet Part Deux. LOL

Oh, well... training camp isn't all that far off and with it will come football news and before we know it... on season mode! :D

Dunno about you but I'm incredibly anxious for the first glimpse of the '07 Broncos.... :egbgb: