The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   NBA & NCAA (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   NBA All-Stars 2007: Reserves Announced (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=52660)

epicSocialism4tw 02-01-2007 12:01 AM

NBA All-Stars 2007: Reserves Announced
 
Who ya got? Here's mine...

West:
G - McGrady
G - Bryant
F - Garnett
F - Duncan
C - Nowitzki*
Reserves:
Nash
Josh Howard
Anthony
Iverson
Stoudemire
Randolph
Ray Allen

* - Nowitzki gets the Yao replacement starting slot.

East:
G - Arenas
G - Wade
F - James
F - Bosh
C - Shaquille O'Neal
Reserves:
Dwight Howard
Kidd
Jermaine O'Neal
Redd
Joe Johnson
Caron Butler
Emeka Okafor

RhymesayersDU 02-01-2007 12:03 AM

http://orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=52478

ludo21 02-01-2007 12:03 AM

ur list looks pretty good.

With Boozer getting hurt both Anthony and Howard will be in.

But who knows, maybe the league will try and send a message to Anthony and open the door for my boy Marion to get in ;D

BroncoInferno 02-01-2007 12:04 AM

LOL Jesus, Shaq making the team makes the whole thing a freakin joke. Does anybody give damn about All-Star/All-Pro games anymore? I haven't watched one in any sport in years. They need a more legitimate way to determine these things so they aren't a popularity contest and really reward deservant participants.

Killericon 02-01-2007 12:09 AM

McGrady over Nash?

HAH!

epicSocialism4tw 02-01-2007 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoInferno (Post 1466334)
LOL Jesus, Shaq making the team makes the whole thing a freakin joke. Does anybody give damn about All-Star/All-Pro games anymore? I haven't watched one in any sport in years. They need a more legitimate way to determine these things so they aren't a popularity contest and really reward deservant participants.

True dat.

I've always liked Shaq, but that big oaf came out and said that he would start the game no matter whether he was injured or not just so that Howard had to "earn" his spot. Only a couple of those starters have earned their spots. Shaq wouldnt even make my team.

epicSocialism4tw 02-01-2007 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU (Post 1466331)

That's hilarious. I dont ever recall looking at that thread and we said the same thing almost verbatim...except of course that my picks were far superior to yours! ;D

El Guapo 02-01-2007 12:52 AM

Dirk = MVP.

Nuggets4 02-01-2007 11:16 AM

I hate Dirk with a passion and even I think he should be starting in the all-star game. Strange how the #1 and #2 MVP candidates aren't starting.

Right now, I'm hoping Melo DOESN'T make the team. Maybe it'll wake his ass up after these last few games.

epicSocialism4tw 02-01-2007 07:10 PM

Reserves Announced

East:

Kidd
Carter
O'Neal
Billups
Hamilton
Dwight Howard
Caron Butler

epicSocialism4tw 02-01-2007 07:12 PM

West to come...

epicSocialism4tw 02-01-2007 07:14 PM

Noteable East snubs...

Emeka Okafor
Mike Redd
Joe Johnson
Not a single Chicago Bull in there.

epicSocialism4tw 02-01-2007 07:15 PM

Why on earth is Vince Carter in the all-star game?

ludo21 02-01-2007 07:15 PM

good list for east. Butler is having a great year

epicSocialism4tw 02-01-2007 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuggets4 (Post 1466667)
I hate Dirk with a passion and even I think he should be starting in the all-star game.

Momentary lapse of reason.

Quote:

Strange how the #1 and #2 MVP candidates aren't starting.
Not strange if you understand how poorly the NBA markets its product.

ludo21 02-01-2007 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angryllama (Post 1467321)
Momentary lapse of reason.



Not strange if you understand how poorly the NBA markets its product.

they market their product, but its to the Kobe's and LEbrons and Shaqs of the world. Not to guys like Dirk.

He is having another MVP type season, and i doubt he gets it this year, or even a sniff of it really

epicSocialism4tw 02-01-2007 07:23 PM

West:

Nash
Nowitzki
Iverson
Boozer
Stoudemire
Tony Parker
Shawn Marion

epicSocialism4tw 02-01-2007 07:24 PM

Barkley: Dirk is the first half MVP, and should have gotten it last year.

Master___Pain 02-01-2007 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angryllama (Post 1467326)
West:

Nash
Nowitzki
Iverson
Boozer
Stoudemire
Tony Parker
Shawn Marion

First time ever the leagues leading scorer is not an all-star?

ludo21 02-01-2007 07:26 PM

WOOOOHOOO!!!

The trio of the Suns on the team!!

Marion is having another typical 20, 7 year for him. Awesome stuff. Amare is almost back to 100%, i cant wait for tonights game

and dont forget coach D Antoni and staff!

epicSocialism4tw 02-01-2007 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ludo21 (Post 1467323)
they market their product, but its to the Kobe's and LEbrons and Shaqs of the world. Not to guys like Dirk.
He is having another MVP type season, and i doubt he gets it this year, or even a sniff of it really


Dirk has deserved the MVP for the past 2 and 1/2 seasons. He will win it this season, and he deserves it again.

epicSocialism4tw 02-01-2007 07:28 PM

Dallas is the best team in the NBA, and gets one player.

epicSocialism4tw 02-01-2007 07:29 PM

The media lovefest for the Suns continues...

epicSocialism4tw 02-01-2007 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ludo21 (Post 1467332)
WOOOOHOOO!!!
The trio of the Suns on the team!!
Marion is having another typical 20, 7 year for him. Awesome stuff. Amare is almost back to 100%, i cant wait for tonights game
and dont forget coach D Antoni and staff!

That would be great if they were the best team in the league, which they arent.

Dallas now has even more bulletin board material to wipe out the Suns again in the playoffs, if the Suns can make it that far.

ludo21 02-01-2007 07:31 PM

hahaha


i love that it bothers you so much ;D Were such a fun team to watch, and we dont have any flava clowns, so at least its good for the NBA.

And dont worry llama, im sure Howard will get in for Boozer


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.