The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   NBA & NCAA (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   AI Interview On "Quite Frankly" Tonight... (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=51072)

RhymesayersDU 12-20-2006 09:06 PM

AI Interview On "Quite Frankly" Tonight...
 
As much as I've really disliked Stephen A's show, brand new interview tonight with the newest Nugget tonight @ 11 easter I believe.

Saw a bit of the promo for it, AI looks pretty good in his throwback Nuggets hat. (no homo, despite what my sig says!)

Man-Goblin 12-20-2006 11:16 PM

I couldn't tell if it was a Nuggets hat or what. I thought it was a pick axe, but I had never seen the logo before.

I'm so freaking stoked to go to the game on Friday. Ya know, if I can dig my rental car outa my mom's driveway...

spdirty 12-20-2006 11:50 PM

He sounds like he's grown up and is ready to win a title here. Man I can't wait to see him in a Nugs uni.

Clockwork Orange 12-20-2006 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spdirty (Post 1411298)
He sounds like he's grown up and is ready to win a title here. Man I can't wait to see him in a Nugs uni.

That's how Iverson generally sounds in his interviews. It's skewed a bit because his most memorable interview was his infamous "practice" rant.

RhymesayersDU 12-20-2006 11:58 PM

It's hard to gauge AI with an interview like this, because he's not getting grilled. He's got an interviewer who's basically sucking his dick, which Stephen A does for most players.

This interview was a nice, fluffy thing... So it's hard to pick out some of the bull****, about the incidents and stuff.

But with that said, I do think there is some truth to his version of events to him heading out of Philly, and it wouldn't surprise me if the organization turned it around to make it look like he wanted out.

Clockwork Orange 12-21-2006 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU (Post 1411309)
But with that said, I do think there is some truth to his version of events to him heading out of Philly, and it wouldn't surprise me if the organization turned it around to make it look like he wanted out.

I don't think it really matters, it was time for him to go. He knew it and they knew it. The team wasn't going anywhere, his career is a lot closer to the end than it is to the beginning, it was just time. Much like it is for Kevin Garnett in Minnesota or Ray Allen in Seattle, great players in situations where they're really just spinning their wheels.

It's all he said, she said at this point. What really matters is that he's getting a chance at a fresh start and the 76ers are getting a chance to tear it down and start over.

Hercules Rockefeller 12-21-2006 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU (Post 1411309)
It's hard to gauge AI with an interview like this, because he's not getting grilled. He's got an interviewer who's basically sucking his dick, which Stephen A does for most players.

Judging by your sig, I guess we should take your word for it when you say one dude is sucking another guy off. :rofl:

RhymesayersDU 12-21-2006 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller (Post 1411371)
Judging by your sig, I guess we should take your word for it when you say one dude is sucking another guy off. :rofl:

OUCH.

I hate Gonzo, so much.

Rep!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.