The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   NBA & NCAA (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Carmelo Anthony will be suspended (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=50882)

eddie mac 12-16-2006 10:06 PM

Carmelo Anthony will be suspended

Just decked Collins in the middle of a mass brawl against the Knicks. What a stupid ass.

That **** Collins started the whole thing with a flagrant foul on Smith.

All ten players were ejected from the court. This could really f*** the Nuggets season depending on who gets suspended and for how long.

Clockwork Orange 12-16-2006 10:14 PM

Nate Robinson is the reason that entire thing escalated. Little b**** trying to prove to the world that he actually has a dick sparked the whole thing.

eddie mac 12-16-2006 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange (Post 1404698)
Nate Robinson is the reason that entire thing escalated. Little b**** trying to prove to the world that he actually has a dick sparked the whole thing.

CO what kind of suspension could Carmelo be looking at for that punch???

Casper Bronco 12-16-2006 10:23 PM

4 Games

Nuggets4 12-16-2006 10:24 PM

I'd guess Melo's gone for 3-5 games. JR around 10. Robinson should get the 25 package though. Good lord. What was the dip**** thinking?

Clockwork Orange 12-16-2006 10:27 PM

I'm guessing 3 games for Carmelo, give or take.

If Nate Robinson doesn't start shoving JR Smith, the whole thing gets defused without further incident.

eddie mac 12-16-2006 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuggets4 (Post 1404706)
I'd guess Melo's gone for 3-5 games. JR around 10. Robinson should get the 25 package though. Good lord. What was the dip**** thinking?

What did JR do? Unless I missed it all I saw him doing was squaring up to Collins. I didn't see him throw any punches albeit the stream I was watching wasn't great. Who were the Nuggets 5 on the court and who else came off the bench and got involved???

Clockwork Orange 12-16-2006 10:29 PM

Isiah on ESPNNEWS right now blaming the whole thing on JR Smith. He really is that ****ing stupid.

Clockwork Orange 12-16-2006 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddie mac (Post 1404714)
What did JR do? Unless I missed it all I saw him doing was squaring up to Collins. I didn't see him throw any punches albeit the stream I was watching wasn't great. Who were the Nuggets 5 on the court and who else came off the bench and got involved???

He threw at least one punch that I saw.

Nuggets4 12-16-2006 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange (Post 1404716)
Isiah on ESPNNEWS right now blaming the whole thing on JR Smith. He really is that ****ing stupid.

You beat me to it.

Clockwork Orange 12-16-2006 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuggets4 (Post 1404724)
You beat me to it.

Yeah, according to him, JR shouldn't have reacted at all to being thrown to the floor by his head.

Of course this is coming from a guy who played on those Piston teams who pulled **** like that at least once a game.

GonzoLays 12-16-2006 10:37 PM

I didn't see it, but the New York board is calling Carmelo a p***Y for throwing a supposed sucker punch and running. Did he do that?

GonzoLays 12-16-2006 10:38 PM

If the punch is as bad the New York board is making it out to be, then Carmelo is going to get suspended a lot more games than three.

GonzoLays 12-16-2006 10:40 PM

I'm thinking a minimum of six games (if not more) for the punch.

Clockwork Orange 12-16-2006 10:40 PM

I'm sure Knick fans see nothing wrong with the flagrant foul or Nate Robinson escalating the whole thing.

Knick fans can kiss my ass right in the crack. **** them and their sorry ass team.

Nuggets4 12-16-2006 10:42 PM

The ****ing talking head on ESPNNews is saying the whole thing got started with the Melo haymaker. That came near the end of the brawl, didn't it? The whole thing started when Robinson decided to be a gigantic b****.

theAPAOps5 12-16-2006 10:43 PM

No he didn't throw a sucker punch like it was out of nowhere. They were in a scrum and he threw a bow. Yeah he backpeddled afterwards and it looked like he was running. It will be a 3-4 game suspension for Melo. Anything more and that is retarded. Knicks fans are ignoring the fact that it was 2 of their players who were out there playing hockey rules. Isiah is responsible for that.

JR looked bad when Nate Robinson pushed him. JR went after him and they started brawlin. I put this on the Knicks Isiah can go Flub himself.

theAPAOps5 12-16-2006 10:44 PM

I am tivoing the replay and will try to host the fight part so we can judge. Knicks fans are idiots if they think this is Denvers fault.

GonzoLays 12-16-2006 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ApaOps5 (Post 1404740)
No he didn't throw a sucker punch like it was out of nowhere. They were in a scrum and he threw a bow. Yeah he backpeddled afterwards and it looked like he was running. It will be a 3-4 game suspension for Melo. Anything more and that is retarded. Knicks fans are ignoring the fact that it was 2 of their players who were out there playing hockey rules. Isiah is responsible for that.

JR looked bad when Nate Robinson pushed him. JR went after him and they started brawlin. I put this on the Knicks Isiah can go Flub himself.

I haven't seen the punch, but if it was a rough one like they are saying, he is going to be suspended six or more games.

Clockwork Orange 12-16-2006 10:46 PM

Nuggets players are all taking the "no comment" route right now.

Clockwork Orange 12-16-2006 10:47 PM

At least there's something to talk about other than Allen Iverson for a few minutes. ;D

GonzoLays 12-16-2006 10:48 PM

If Melo was defending himself, then I can see a three game suspension. But if he came out of nowhere and punched collins (hard) then he is getting six or more. A punch, no matter how slight, carries a min of one game. It goes up from there depending on the serverity of the punch. Clock just called it a haymaker so it must be bad.

Nuggets4 12-16-2006 10:48 PM

Gonzo, check out ESPNNews. They're currently getting ready to burn Melo's house down with torches. Apparently they are thinking the same as Knick fans. Most fan boards around the net though so far are saying it was Robinson's fault.

BTW, one Knicks board pointed out that in their last game, Collins entered the game late in order to deliver a hard foul as well. How about that Isiah?

theAPAOps5 12-16-2006 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GonzoLays (Post 1404745)
I haven't seen the punch, but if it was a rough one like they are saying, he is going to be suspended six or more games.

OK I just got a good shot of it. Yeah Melo might be sitting for more than 3. There was a camera shot like a boxing match. Melo straight nailed the dude.

Nuggets4 12-16-2006 10:50 PM

Kelly Dwyer (SI.com) is posting on another board that earlier in the game Isiah and Melo were REALLY jawing at each other. Saying it was really extreme strange behavior for a head coach. Makes sense considering that I remember Hastings with 2 minutes left saying that Isiah was jawing at the refs and trying to get kicked out.