The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   MLB (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Props to the Red Birds, 2006 World Series Champs (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=48627)

Popps 10-27-2006 08:24 PM

Props to the Red Birds, 2006 World Series Champs

Wow.

I'm not remotely a baseball guy, but growing up back there (and being a big fan as a kid)... I can tell you that few cities deserve it more than St. Louis.
What a job LaRussa did with this team. Talk about getting hot at the right time.

Congrats to some of, if not THE best fans in baseball!

(Now, back to more important sports. :)

ludo21 10-27-2006 08:26 PM

wohoo

Clockwork Orange 10-27-2006 08:27 PM

As a St. Louis native, I'm loving this. My family is partying tonight.

For perspective, imagine the Broncos winning the Super Bowl, that's how big this is out there.

Way to go boys!!

Rocket 7 10-27-2006 08:29 PM

I still love my Tigers but uggggg congrats Cards

Hogan11 10-27-2006 08:32 PM

I hate the Cards......never could stand them.

At least the Mayor looked good, I was sad to see him leave PBurgh, but I knew it was necessary.

watermock 10-27-2006 08:32 PM

I'm still mad at Bob Gibson for losing to Dennie McLaine in game 7. As a wee lad I would listen on the radio. The worked him 3 out of 7 and it was just too much.

It's always fun to catch these great moments in sports.

Clockwork Orange 10-27-2006 08:36 PM

This team was so close to committing one of the biggest choke jobs in baseball history. Now they're the World Series champions.

Sports are crazy. I love it. !Booya!

Bronco Billy 10-27-2006 08:36 PM

I was pulling for the Tigers, but hats off to the Cards. St. Louis is definitely a baseball town.

Clockwork Orange 10-27-2006 08:39 PM

David Eckstein is the World Series MVP. Well deserved. :yayaya:

B-Love 10-27-2006 08:43 PM

Jeff Weaver has always had his issues and I have no reason to like the guy. Don't dislike him, but................

But the Jeff Weaver 2006 saga, could be turned into an inspirational big screen flick. There are lessons to be learned from his 2006 journey, and while I wouldn't waste time trying to tell my 9 year old about it, if I had a 15 year old Babe Ruth league son, I'd be telling him all about it at the breakfast table tomorrow morning.

Imagine getting cut loose from a team, while your younger brother essentially takes your roster spot. Then you watch as your brother tears the league apart, while you continue to struggle for your new team.

Then a Manager shows great patience, and you turn it all around.

And then you dominate in the World Series closing game.

Great stuff.

Clockwork Orange 10-27-2006 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Love (Post 1331343)
Jeff Weaver has always had his issues and I have no reason to like the guy. Don't dislike him, but................

But the Jeff Weaver 2006 saga, could be turned into an inspirational big screen flick. There are lessons to be learned from his 2006 journey, and while I wouldn't waste time trying to tell my 9 year old about it, if I had a 15 year old Babe Ruth league son, I'd be telling him all about it at the breakfast table tomorrow morning.

Imagine getting cut loose from a team, while your younger brother essentially takes your roster spot. Then you watch as your brother tears the league apart, while you continue to struggle for your new team.

Then a Manager shows great patience, and you turn it all around.

And then you dominate in the World Series closing game.

Great stuff.

Spicoli reinvented himself in the postseason. Somewhere, somehow he decided that he wanted to be a Major League pitcher and he was a very unlikely cog in a championship team.

Kaylore 10-27-2006 08:50 PM

I was pulling for the Tigers. My Dad and late Grandfather are big fans. Nonetheless, props to the Cards.

SoCalBronco 10-27-2006 08:51 PM

Congrats CO. :)

Clockwork Orange 10-27-2006 08:53 PM

Tiger fans should hold their heads high. They had a better season than anyone believed possible. They've got a great future, I don't think it'll be too long before we see them back in the WS. My hat is off to them. ^5

SprintRightOption 10-27-2006 08:59 PM

I think we need the olbligatory:

"The Cards are who we thought they were! If you wanna crown em, crown em. But they're who we thought they were. And we let 'em off the hook!"

--The Detroit Tigers

Hogan11 10-27-2006 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange (Post 1331366)
Tiger fans should hold their heads high. They had a better season than anyone believed possible. They've got a great future, I don't think it'll be too long before we see them back in the WS. My hat is off to them. ^5

I don't necessarily buy that...I think it was more of a one year "lightning in a bottle" type thing but yeah, The Tigers have nothing to be ashamed about at all.

brncs_fan 10-27-2006 09:11 PM

Two words:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dukes 10-27-2006 09:13 PM

I too was pulling for the Tigers, but congrats to the Cards. The fans deserve it and i'm happy to see Pujols get a ring.

Crushaholic 10-27-2006 09:21 PM

My mom grew up a Cardinals fan, so congratulations to them..:thumbsup:

Popps 10-27-2006 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange (Post 1331322)
As a St. Louis native, I'm loving this. My family is partying tonight.

Mine too... and mine too.

Good stuff. Couldn't be happier for everyone back there. Already getting calls/mails from friends/family. That town really is wacky about that team. I go back and visit in the summer and you can stand out in the driveway and hear Mike Shannon coming from someone's radio somewhere at all times. [IMG]

http://wwwimage.cbsnews.com/images/2006/10/27/image2135060g.jpg[/IMG]

Arkie 10-27-2006 10:46 PM

It's been a long wait. The Cardinals have been looking for #10 for the last 24 years. They're 2nd only to the Yankees.

SouthStndJunkie 10-27-2006 11:27 PM

Props to the Cards......but my Tigers choked hard......error after error.

I had tickets to Game 6 on Saturday to boot.