The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   NHL (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   General Hockey Thread v3.0 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=48333)

Hercules Rockefeller 10-03-2006 10:45 PM

General Hockey Thread v3.0

New season, new thread.

Go Caps, let's finish better than 27th this year!

SoCalBronco 10-03-2006 11:23 PM

Go Penguins! Can't wait till Thursday, I'll be leaving work an hour early to catch the opener on Center Ice. Beat Philly!!!

http://www.pittsburghpenguins.com/mu...00/800x600.jpg

Bronx33 10-03-2006 11:47 PM

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Clockwork Orange 10-03-2006 11:49 PM

Nice. Time to light this candle. !Booya!

Bronx33 10-03-2006 11:56 PM

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachm...1&d=1159730572

Mtbrncofn 10-04-2006 12:36 AM

Can't wait!

Killericon 10-04-2006 12:44 AM

http://www.frozenhawks.com/files/ima...s-sharks_0.jpg

Jori 10-04-2006 09:07 AM

Heaven on earth has arrived...hockey is back!

Bronx33 10-04-2006 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jori (Post 1298091)
Heaven on earth has arrived...hockey is back!

Our father who art in heaven ...............................amen.

Breck Bronc 10-04-2006 12:41 PM

Can't wait to see how the Kid Line, Arnasson, and Theordore do tonight. It would be nice to get off to a good start after reading so many negative predictions for the Avs this season.

24champ 10-04-2006 09:01 PM

Bad news for Pit fans...

Quote:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=179841&hubname=
KDKA TV in Pittsburgh reports that the NHL team will be sold to Canadian businessman Jim Balsillie for $175 million.

Balsillie is the owner of Research In Motion, a Blackberry manufacturer based in Waterloo, Ont.

Among the groups trying to buy the Penguins were Hartford businessman Sam Fingold and a group led by New York taxicab medallion financier Andrew Murstein, Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban and former star quarterback Dan Marino.

Penguins owner Mario Lemieux and his partners were approached by groups interested in purchasing the franchise back in January. Lemieux had said any new owners would be bound by an agreement to remain in Pittsburgh if a coalition assembled by the Penguins is awarded the license to run a slots parlor downtown.
Say hello to your Hamilton Penguins...should be interesting to watch what Toronto does.

SoCalBronco 10-04-2006 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24champbailey (Post 1298921)
Bad news for Pit fans...

Say hello to your Hamilton Penguins...should be interesting to watch what Toronto does.

Balsillie is keeping the team in Pittsburgh per KDKA.

24champ 10-04-2006 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalBronco (Post 1298935)
Balsillie is keeping the team in Pittsburgh per KDKA.

For how long though? Seems to me and what I have read and watched on the intermission reports on TV that if the city of Pitt does not get them a new arena soon then the new Owner will try to move the team for greener pastures IE. Hamilton. It is rumored ( haven't confirmed it) that the new owner of the Penguins has a retainer on Copps Coliseaum which is in Hamilton.

SoCalBronco 10-04-2006 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24champbailey (Post 1298970)
For how long though? Seems to me and what I have read and watched on the intermission reports on TV that if the city of Pitt does not get them a new arena soon then the new Owner will try to move the team for greener pastures IE. Hamilton. It is rumored ( haven't confirmed it) that the new owner of the Penguins has a retainer on Copps Coliseaum which is in Hamilton.

It's already been established that there is going to be an arena. There are two ways: Isle of Capri wins the slots license (1% possibility) or Plan B, which the slots competitors have already agreed to in writing (99% possibility). Bettman has said they are going to block a move unless there is no viable plan at all. The government is (finally) ready to negotiate the terms of a lease, has ALREADY bought the land for the arena and has said that the terms of the standard Plan B are negotiable. With these facts, there is no way Bettman is going to accept a move, since the plan is viable. Balsillie is purportedly in agreement: if there is an arena, they stay.

Remember, he wasn't the guy who won the right to have an exclusive negotiating period, that was Sam Fingold. He wanted to move to KC to put them in the Sprint Center and therefore he could never finalize a sale, because he knew the NHL would block him.

Mtbrncofn 10-04-2006 11:59 PM

Huh. That damn Turco. Jose seems to be starting out the same way he ended....can't give up less than 3. Three is his number. At least we got a point and they really didn't look too bad out there.

SoCalBronco 10-05-2006 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mtbrncofn (Post 1299024)
Huh. That damn Turco. Jose seems to be starting out the same way he ended....can't give up less than 3. .

I thought Theodore was outstanding for you. He made several super saves in the 3rd period to keep it tied. You guys could have given up like 5 goals....he made sure you'd get a point in the standings.

Mtbrncofn 10-05-2006 12:28 AM

I know. I guess I'm being harsh on him a bit quick. He's started off like this many times though. Great game, even SO's going through the 2nd, then comes the third. I'll give him his due though too, he did make some stellar saves in the third. Guess we could have lost it and not gotten the point at all.

Have to give Jerko the credit for that awesome pass. A lot of people say oh well, it was a clear breakaway. What the hell is a goalie for if he can't stop some of those?

Bronx33 10-05-2006 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalBronco (Post 1299032)
I thought Theodore was outstanding for you. He made several super saves in the 3rd period to keep it tied. You guys could have given up like 5 goals....he made sure you'd get a point in the standings.

None of those goals were theos fault, defensive lapses and brain farts cost us that game i was completelt happy for 40 min then Q doesn't have the troops ready for the 3rd, it looked like they all ate a turkey dinner.

broncocalijohn 10-05-2006 03:27 AM

Well champ, hockey at the pond this friday. I am trying to get there or dump the tickets. My wife was happy baseball ended and with hockey 5 days later, I might put her over the edge. Nothing like booing a guy in 4 months ago, then be rooting for him on D. With Pronger, Kings will be looking up to the Ducks (and let us not forget SJ)..... again.

24champ 10-05-2006 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncocalijohn (Post 1299141)
Well champ, hockey at the pond this friday. I am trying to get there or dump the tickets. My wife was happy baseball ended and with hockey 5 days later, I might put her over the edge. Nothing like booing a guy in 4 months ago, then be rooting for him on D. With Pronger, Kings will be looking up to the Ducks (and let us not forget SJ)..... again.

Barry Melrose put the whammy on you guys, so I'm not worried.:wave:

Bronx33 10-05-2006 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24champbailey (Post 1299148)
Barry Melrose put the whammy on you guys, so I'm not worried.:wave:

Melrose may have picked the right horse for once the quacks are going to be good.

SoCalBronco 10-05-2006 04:38 PM

It's a hockey night in Pittsburgh.

Go Pens!

Bronx33 10-05-2006 05:18 PM

Wings are getting blanked 3-0 in the 2nd.

SoCalBronco 10-05-2006 05:25 PM

Outstanding first period, especially on the penalty kill.

Staal, Ruutu and especially Dominic Moore are great on PK.

MAF with a brilliant first 20 mins.

2-0, Penguins.

SoCalBronco 10-05-2006 05:45 PM

Crosby scores!!

3-0 Penguins.