The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   MLB (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Detroit Tigers In World Series! (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=47970)

Bronco_Beerslug 10-14-2006 05:54 PM

Detroit Tigers In World Series!

Dramatic bottom of the ninth homer sends this team that lost 119 games just 3 years ago to World Series!

Sports story of the year!

---------------------------------------------------------
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/2....Y7B4n9xoJjQ--

<form class="yqin" action="http://yq.search.yahoo.com/search" method="post"> <input name="p" value="&quot;Oakland Athletics&quot;" type="hidden"> <input name="sourceOrder" value="c1,i,yn,c3" type="hidden"> <input name="c1" value="<p style=&quot;font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-weight:bold;font-size:13px;padding:0;margin-top:1em;margin-bottom:.5em;&quot;>Oakland Athletics</p>" type="hidden">
<input name="sourceURL" value="" type="hidden"> <input name="fr" value="yq-news" type="hidden"> <input name="context" value="Magglio Ordonez hit a walk-off home run in the bottom of the ninth off Huston Street to send the Tigers to the World Series with a four-game sweep of the Oakland Athletics on Saturday afternoon." type="hidden"> </form>

-Slap- 10-14-2006 05:58 PM

People criticized Pudge for signing there. They said he was just going for the money and he didn't care about winning anymore. I said how is a team ever going to win unless they sign winning players?

Congrats to the Motor City Kitties!

Bronx33 10-14-2006 06:04 PM

Thank god!! now tv can get back to normal.

RhymesayersDU 10-14-2006 06:11 PM

What a HR by Ordonez in the 9th.

Great stuff. They're gunna win it all too.

Rock Chalk 10-14-2006 06:15 PM

Mods please move this to the appropriate forum.

Bronco_Beerslug 10-14-2006 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU (Post 1311775)
What a HR by Ordonez in the 9th.

Great stuff. They're gunna win it all too.

They may very well. No one picked them this year, I mean no one!

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/2...AHvrJFDMi6SQ--
The Detroit Tigers celebrate with Magglio Ordonez (30) who hit a three-run game-winning homerun in the ninth inning to beat the Oakland Athletics 6-3 and clinch the American League pennant in Game 4 of the American League Championship Series in Detroit, Saturday, Oct. 14, 2006. (AP Photo/Amy Sancetta)

RhymesayersDU 10-14-2006 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bronco_Beerslug (Post 1311789)
They may very well. No one picked them this year, I mean no one!

They were talking about this on Dan Patrick I think, that when one of these teams comes out of nowhere and beats all the so-called (and picked) great teams, the media will back-peddle and call them a "team of destiny."

Funny thing is, it may be cliche, but I'm getting the feeling that they might in fact be just that. Can this team do no wrong?

Bronco_Beerslug 10-14-2006 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU (Post 1311802)
They were talking about this on Dan Patrick I think, that when one of these teams comes out of nowhere and beats all the so-called (and picked) great teams, the media will back-peddle and call them a "team of destiny."

Funny thing is, it may be cliche, but I'm getting the feeling that they might in fact be just that. Can this team do no wrong?

Well, they really slumped after the break but man, talk about putting it back together just in time!!!!

Kaylore 10-14-2006 06:28 PM

My Dad and Grandpa were Tiger fans before the Rockies. He's really happy about the whole thing. They're definitely a team unit. Seems like there are no starts and everytime I see the hilights on sportscenter there's some new guy stepping up. Good for Detroit.

SouthStndJunkie 10-14-2006 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alec (Post 1311783)

Loosen up.

The main forum is stale on Saturdays before the games.

SouthStndJunkie 10-14-2006 06:40 PM

One way or the other, I will be going to one of the World Series games.

-Slap- 10-14-2006 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alec
Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie (Post 1311826)
Loosen up.

The main forum is stale on Saturdays before the games.

That's more about busting Beer's balls.

Congrats, Junkie!

I hope your boys go all the way.

SouthStndJunkie 10-14-2006 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Slap- (Post 1311835)
That's more about busting Beer's balls.

Congrats, Junkie!

I hope your boys go all the way.

I missed the inside jab at beer.

Thanks slap, it has been a great year for Tigers fans.

Now my Wolverines have to take out Penn State and the day will be complete.

MechanicalBull 10-14-2006 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU (Post 1311802)

Nobody in the world saw this coming. In 2003 they lost 119 games and now they are in the World Series. They played horrible at the end of the season losing to the Royals and as a result lost the division and became a wild card. Everyone said oh boy they lost to the Royals and now they have to go face the Yankees and Kenny Rogers gets killed by the Yanks and so on. This team has won 7 straight so far like it was no big deal and are playing extremely great baseball right now.

I agree about the media, they all picked the Yankees and most of them picked them to sweep or in 4 games the most and now everyone changes their tune about the Tigers. This is one of my biggest pet peeves with sports media, they all pick the favorites and obvious teams in the beginning of the season but when those teams falter or an underdog starts making waves they make it like they have been on the bandwagon for ages.

SouthStndJunkie 10-20-2006 10:10 PM

I have a ticket for Game 6.....if it goes 6 games.

SouthStndJunkie 10-25-2006 09:43 PM

Rained out tonight.

Bronco LB 59 10-26-2006 06:42 AM

SouthStandJunkie

I am a big fan of the entire Tigers quartet of Verlander, Rogers, Robertson, Bonderman, but I am scratching my head over Leyland's decision to get J.B. only once in this series.

Obviously, Rogers is the hot hand, but Bonderman should have gotten the nod before Verlander or Robertson. Bonderman is the Tigers' version of Chris Carpenter.

Jens1893 10-26-2006 06:13 PM

looks like we might actually see some baseball tonight

SouthStndJunkie 10-26-2006 07:26 PM

The Tigers jump out to a 3-0 lead tonight.

Casey with a HR and an RBI single.

Pudge adds an RBI single as well.

SouthStndJunkie 10-26-2006 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bronco LB 52 (Post 1329015)
SouthStandJunkie

I am a big fan of the entire Tigers quartet of Verlander, Rogers, Robertson, Bonderman, but I am scratching my head over Leyland's decision to get J.B. only once in this series.

Obviously, Rogers is the hot hand, but Bonderman should have gotten the nod before Verlander or Robertson. Bonderman is the Tigers' version of Chris Carpenter.

I agree.....Bonderman should have at least started ahead of Nate.

SouthStndJunkie 10-26-2006 10:19 PM

Damn.....the Tigers choked super hard tonight.

brncs_fan 10-26-2006 11:10 PM

Go Cardinals!!!!

bombay 10-26-2006 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brncs_fan (Post 1330118)
Go Cardinals!!!!

++

Go Cardinals!