The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Announcements, Features and Feedback (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   OrangeMane NEW FRONT PAGE! (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=47499)

BroncoBuff 10-04-2006 04:45 AM

OrangeMane NEW FRONT PAGE!

WOW!

Pretty cool, TJ ... not that I have anything against John Denver, but this is a front page we can USE. New at 2:00 am Pacific time?

Nice job! :thumbsup:

Taco John 10-04-2006 04:53 AM

Thanks... I still have much work to do on it...

For any photoshoppers out there... Check out the photoshop forum for details on the site redesign contest I'm putting on. It's a chance to win a new Broncos jersey, and some other gear.

watermock 10-04-2006 05:09 AM

It took awhile because his Sumo Baby Zee might of had his attention. I'm just guessing tho. Ha!

I would literally kick the wife out of bed at 2 A.M. but Andrew was generally a quiet baby. I had to work, and hell...he didn't want man boobs. Clean butt and a liquid late night snack.

Front page looks great Taco.

Orange_Beard 10-04-2006 07:01 AM

Looks good. You must not be getting any sleep.

ksBRONCOfan 10-04-2006 07:28 AM

Sweet!

Bronco_Beerslug 10-04-2006 08:04 AM

Not all of the page displays correctly in Firefox.

And using HTML validation there are quite a few errors that show up so I wonder if fixing one of them would correct the display problems?

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/8743/omsp6.png

BroncoFiend 10-04-2006 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John (Post 1297967)
Thanks... I still have much work to do on it...

For any photoshoppers out there... Check out the photoshop forum for details on the site redesign contest I'm putting on. It's a chance to win a new Broncos jersey, and some other gear.

It's nice to see a cool home page - nice job TJ. I may have to enter that contest, after all it is my logo so I may have a shot!:)

Requiem 10-04-2006 08:35 AM

Second to what Beerslug said, and I'm not a big fan of the orange chain thing behind the logo. . . I used to do web design and ran a company for a while with my hetero life partner Motz, so I could give it a shot.

brncs_fan 10-04-2006 08:53 AM

Looks good to me. A little more friendly to those who are coming here for the first time and familiar sight for the rest of us.

ludo21 10-04-2006 08:55 AM

Great job.

Nice links, nice cover stories.

Killericon 10-04-2006 08:56 AM

Very awesome, man.

Good job...But this headline is...uh...Questionable?

Quote:

Broncos Run Sprints At End Of Practice
I thought they usually did that...and even if they don't, is it that big a deal?

In any case, it looks way better than any other frontpage I've seen for a BB. Nice going.

Taco John 10-04-2006 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killericon (Post 1298081)
Very awesome, man.

Good job...But this headline is...uh...Questionable?

I thought they usually did that...and even if they don't, is it that big a deal?

Ina nay case, it looks way better than an other frontpage I've seen for a BB. Nice going.

Yeah, I agree... I just thought the quote from Shanahan was funny. :)

smalltowngrll 10-04-2006 10:25 AM

I had to do a double take this morning when I logged on. I thought I'd typed something in wrong!

Love it! It displays just fine for me...but, then, I'm pretty simple when it comes to the web! :thumbsup: Great job TJ!

fido 10-04-2006 10:27 AM

quality, nicely done

BMF Bronco 10-04-2006 11:40 AM

NIce work

Rock Chalk 10-04-2006 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bronco_Beerslug (Post 1298035)
Not all of the page displays correctly in Firefox.

And using HTML validation there are quite a few errors that show up so I wonder if fixing one of them would correct the display problems?

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/8743/omsp6.png

The problem lies in how Firefox handles HTML coding standards....substandardly.

Requiem 10-04-2006 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alec (Post 1298370)

Actually no, Firefox holds the web designers and those doing the code at hand for the mistakes they make. Their standards for HTML are a lot higher than that of IE. Internet Explorer usually interprets the mistakes made and does it's best to correct them. There's a reason why there are XHTML and HTML tools out there that are to help those who aren't good at code. It's not Firefox's fault at all, it's the coding done by the individual.

By no means is your aforementioned statement near the truth. You won't find many designers being exlusive to IE anymore, if at all -- most designers and coders prefer using Mozilla, especially when testing their sites because it actually shows the flaws that can be corrected.

Rock Chalk 10-04-2006 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem (Post 1298377)
Actually no, Firefox holds the web designers and those doing the code at hand for the mistakes they make. Their standards for HTML are a lot higher than that of IE. Internet Explorer usually interprets the mistakes made and does it's best to correct them. There's a reason why there are XHTML and HTML tools out there that are to help those who aren't good at code. It's not Firefox's fault at all, it's the coding done by the individual.

By no means is your aforementioned statement near the truth. You won't find many designers being exlusive to IE anymore, if at all -- most designers and coders prefer using Mozilla, especially when testing their sites because it actually shows the flaws that can be corrected.

Wrongo buddy. One hundred and fifteen different websites, none with errors, all coded to exacting HTML standards and none show up properly with Firefox without special condition coding. It does not handle DIV tags well nor does it implement Java well at all. Further, CSS seems to give it problems as well.

I design for a living and do design for both and I can tell you from first hand EVERY DAY experience that Mozilla Firefox, while secure, does not handle coding well for whatever reasons. I have to add in features that are supported for Firefox so that things display properly but regular coding displays fine in IE. So if I have to code EXTRA to get things to display in Firefox the correct way (as intended) then it is the one that does not do implementation well. It is also far less forgiving than IE.

Mozilla needs to adapt, particularly their java implementation is horrendous.

edit: It does handle standardized HTML OK and parses server side scripts well enough.

Requiem 10-04-2006 01:02 PM

I was under the impression from a lot of my friends who do web design, (one who is working on the site for Siemens and Travelocity) that it was usually the users making the errors, which is why they don't show up correctly. Maybe he and I are wrong, but I just go through all of my code a couple of times and run it through checkers so it works well on both platforms. So are you planning on doing the design (a design) for the Mane?

I also had thos eimpressions when I was designing when I was younger for Macora Studios.

Bronco_Beerslug 10-04-2006 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alec (Post 1298370)

Firefox handles correctly coded sites just fine. IE allows for sloppy coding and java and that's why it's the most vulnerable browser out there.

Quote:

Firefox and Mozilla and Opera have opted to obey the W3C standards so page rendering differences between all these browsers and IE are to be expected. I run a few web sites and stumbled across some of my own HTML coding sloppiness that IE let slip by but Firefox did not.
http://tinyurl.com/5smv8

Most pages on the web aren't coded correctly though so it's not too big of a deal...

-----------------------------------------------------------
HTML Validation Results
Document Checked

* URL: http://www.orangemane.com/
* Character encoding: ISO-8859-1
* Level of HTML: HTML 4.01 Transitional

Errors and Warnings

---------------------------------------------------------

W3C CSS Validator Results for http://www.orangemane.com/
Congratulations!

Valid CSS! This document validates as CSS!

To work as intended, your CSS style sheet needs a correct document parse tree. This means you should use valid HTML.
Warnings
URI : http://www.orangemane.com/omane-styles.css

dbfan4life 10-04-2006 03:08 PM

Liking the front page, TJ! Well done!

heydensmom 10-04-2006 04:05 PM

Looks good LOL maybe I should go to the front page more often LOL

Smiling Assassin27 10-04-2006 05:29 PM

i read the game preview and have one word: paragraphs.

Taco John 10-04-2006 05:31 PM

doh! That's my bad... I was monkeying with some settings to fix a problem... Working on the fix now...

orinjkrush 10-04-2006 07:36 PM

awesome TJ. it's amazing what a vibrant community you and the mods and everyone have created here. simply amazing.