The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Photoshop Fun (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Orange Mane site Re-design contest... (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=47498)

Taco John 10-04-2006 04:25 AM

Orange Mane site Re-design contest...
 
Alright photoshop geniuses...

Time to put your money where your mouth is, and get a chance at winning a jersey and a hat in the process.

I'm looking for someone to create a design template for our front page (www.orangemane.com) that I could also use to update the look and feel of the forums.

There are only a few rules:

1. You cannot use the Broncos logo... I don't want to risk getting sued.

2. You have to use the Orange Mane logo... You'll find it stickied in this forum.

3. Designs must be submitted in 1024 x 768 screen size at 72 dpi screen resolution.

4. The design must be able to accommodate a 728 x 90 Leaderboard Ad near the top of the page (see the current front page to see what I mean).

I think that's it. The winning entry will be judged by myself and an internal panel of judges to ensure that the design fits the needs of the site and translates across different browser platforms and monitor sizes. One tip: elegant and simple is preferred over busy and complex.

The winner will receive a replica jersey of their choice from the NFL.com shop, a Denver Bronco hat of their choice from the NFL shop and an Orange Mane hat (coming soon!). Credit will be given to the winner in the design footer, and a link to the winner's website will also be given (if they have one).

This contest will remain open through October with the site being changed to the winning entry shortly after that.

BroncoFiend 10-04-2006 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John (Post 1297964)
Alright photoshop geniuses...

Time to put your money where your mouth is, and get a chance at winning a jersey and a hat in the process.

I'm looking for someone to create a design template for our front page (www.orangemane.com) that I could also use to update the look and feel of the forums.

There are only a few rules:

1. You cannot use the Broncos logo... I don't want to risk getting sued.

2. You have to use the Orange Mane logo... You'll find it stickied in this forum.

3. Designs must be submitted in 1024 x 768 screen size at 72 dpi screen resolution.

4. The design must be able to accommodate a 728 x 90 Leaderboard Ad near the top of the page (see the current front page to see what I mean).

I think that's it. The winning entry will be judged by myself and an internal panel of judges to ensure that the design fits the needs of the site and translates across different browser platforms and monitor sizes. One tip: elegant and simple is preferred over busy and complex.

The winner will receive a replica jersey of their choice from the NFL.com shop, a Denver Bronco hat of their choice from the NFL shop and an Orange Mane hat (coming soon!). Credit will be given to the winner in the design footer, and a link to the winner's website will also be given (if they have one).

This contest will remain open through October with the site being changed to the winning entry shortly after that.

Sounds good TJ, should be fun!

Requiem 10-04-2006 08:38 AM

Even though I'm busy with school, my job(s) and social life, I'll do my best. :D

Rock Chalk 10-04-2006 10:56 AM

I got this.

Taco John 10-04-2006 11:39 AM

Q: I'm not quite sure what you want with the new site design, do you just want us to make a prototype or make all the buttons, banners, borders and save them seperately as well in the right pixel size?


A: Right now I'm just looking for a 1024 x 768 prototype. Just something to look at that will give me an idea of the entire package...

Go ahead and submit them in this thread or email them to me at orangeisaac@gmail.com

Houshmazode 10-04-2006 02:26 PM

My prototype number 1: still have some issues with the letters because I cut and pasted from the print screen of the main page, and also the color blending, hues in certain areas.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/5...totype1wg0.jpg

Alec edit: Woops, sorry Houshmazode, I didnt mean to edit...mean to reply.

Rock Chalk 10-04-2006 09:01 PM

Still got some tweaking to do...but here goes...

http://www.texasreal-estateleads.com...mfrontpage.jpg

Rock Chalk 10-04-2006 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houshmazode (Post 1298490)
My prototype number 1: still have some issues with the letters because I cut and pasted from the print screen of the main page, and also the color blending, hues in certain areas.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/5...totype1wg0.jpg

edit: Woops, sorry Houshmazode, I didnt mean to edit...mean to reply.

I really like the horse thing with the foggy background and light behind it. Thats either a fantastic picture or fantastic photoshop work man.

Houshmazode 10-04-2006 09:17 PM

Yours looks awesome! So I guess we can completely redo the layout? If so, I might have to give it another try.

Taco John 10-04-2006 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houshmazode (Post 1298940)
Yours looks awesome! So I guess we can completely redo the layout? If so, I might have to give it another try.


Absolutely... I have some basic things that I'd like to incorporate, but you're welcome to tweak the layout how you'd like.

So far, some good submissions...

Let's keep 'em coming! :thumbs:

BroncoFiend 10-05-2006 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John (Post 1298988)
Absolutely... I have some basic things that I'd like to incorporate, but you're welcome to tweak the layout how you'd like.

So far, some good submissions...

Let's keep 'em coming! :thumbs:

Hey TJ,

Quick question, can we incorporate player images into the site design? I know the logo is off limits, but is player images off limits too?

Taco John 10-05-2006 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoFiend (Post 1299233)
Hey TJ,

Quick question, can we incorporate player images into the site design? I know the logo is off limits, but is player images off limits too?

I guess I'm not positive of the legality on that. You see it all over the place, so I'm guessing that it's not a huge concern. But I couldn't say for sure.

Rock Chalk 10-05-2006 01:38 PM

Player images are public domain provided the original image is in the public domain taco.

Rock Chalk 10-05-2006 06:10 PM

Eh, made some changes, still not done as Im still not happy...
http://www.texasreal-estateleads.com...mfrontpage.jpg

BroncoFiend 10-05-2006 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alec (Post 1299637)
Player images are public domain provided the original image is in the public domain taco.

what would qualify as the public domain? Would yahoo images be okay?

Rock Chalk 10-05-2006 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoFiend (Post 1299935)
what would qualify as the public domain? Would yahoo images be okay?

You have to check the image copyrights for each image you find on Yahoo or Google. Many images are not copyrighted, but some are so just check to see if they have copyright anywhere on the site.

Houshmazode 10-06-2006 05:28 PM

Ok, here is my new version. Still have a few things to work on.

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/5952/proto2eo4.jpg

dbroncos78087 10-06-2006 05:34 PM

Quick question, i assume you use photoshop, but what do you use to make the link buttons. Is it a type of brush, like metallic vectors or something? Just curious because i would like to try something like this, but i have no clue how to do it.

Houshmazode 10-06-2006 05:46 PM

I cut out the shapes over a transparent back ground, then a dd a border or something, then add a layer style to it, something like a metallic button or web rollover layer style under blending options. Sometimes I do two layers, 1 for the border and 1 for the body, add a style, then merge them.

minibronco 10-06-2006 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houshmazode (Post 1300872)
Ok, here is my new version. Still have a few things to work on.

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/5952/proto2eo4.jpg

Yowsers.

dbroncos78087 10-06-2006 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houshmazode (Post 1300883)
I cut out the shapes over a transparent back ground, then a dd a border or something, then add a layer style to it, something like a metallic butt or web rollover layer style under blending options. Sometimes I do two layers, 1 for the border and 1 for the body, add a style, then merge them.

Is that how you made this?

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...5/MamePage.jpg

Houshmazode 10-06-2006 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 (Post 1300889)

Yeah.

dbroncos78087 10-06-2006 06:06 PM

What shapes did you use? Because this is something that is very interesting to me, but i dont quite know what i am doing creating buttons and stuff like this. Im out of my domain when its not a user bar or something.

Houshmazode 10-06-2006 06:11 PM

Sent you a pm, and Alec, I don't mind if you delete the last few posts or move them.

dbroncos78087 10-06-2006 06:20 PM

Yea i shouldnt have asked this here probably but i just wanted an answer from the people who were submitting them. So you should probably delete them.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.