The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   NBA & NCAA (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Nugs Rumor That Would Cause Me To Go On Week Long Celebration (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=45486)

Nuggets4 08-21-2006 11:05 AM

Nugs Rumor That Would Cause Me To Go On Week Long Celebration
 
Quote:

The Warriors have revived discussions with three teams on a trade that would send Mike Dunleavy to the Clippers, Corey Maggette to Denver, Joe Smith to Atlanta and Al Harrington to Golden State, according to the San Francisco Chronicle

Though it would be a thorny transaction to meet salary-cap requirements, Tellem represents both Harrington and Dunleavy. A similar multi-team deal was discussed in Las Vegas during the summer league, according to one of the sources.

Another potential snag, however, appears to be the status of Clippers coach Mike Dunleavy Sr., a main proponent of the team's interest in Dunleavy Jr.. The coach is entering the final year of his contract and would like an extension after guiding his team to the Western Conference semifinals.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...PGRBKM7S61.DTL
I swear to God, I would be drunk for at least a week celebrating this deal. I'd make Mock look like he was just a casual drinker.

Jori 08-21-2006 11:22 AM

They talked a bit about this rumor on AM 560 this summer. Yo Nuggets management...Get R Done!

Rascal 08-21-2006 11:31 AM

I don't believe it. You don't get Corey Maggete's by giving up only Joe Smith.

Clockwork Orange 08-21-2006 05:03 PM

There would likely be a 1st rounder or something sent out with Joe Smith from the Nuggets. If this happens, I'm going on a bender with Nuggs for a week. Maggette starting at the 2 guard for the Nuggets would be a soggy dream come true.

Clockwork Orange 08-21-2006 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rascal
I don't believe it. You don't get Corey Maggete's by giving up only Joe Smith.

You do if a team you're trading with is looking to pick up an expiring contract.

Nuggets4 08-21-2006 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
You do if a team you're trading with is looking to pick up an expiring contract.

Which is exactly what Atlanta is doing because their owners are suing each other. BTW, CO probably saw this already, but the Nugs "source" on the board I post on said that Dallas' first would be involved.

Master___Pain 08-21-2006 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
There would likely be a 1st rounder or something sent out with Joe Smith from the Nuggets. If this happens, I'm going on a bender with Nuggs for a week. Maggette starting at the 2 guard for the Nuggets would be a soggy dream come true.

Count me in on the bender too. Between college FB and the Broncos starting up it should not be hard to do, this would be icing on the cake.

Clockwork Orange 08-21-2006 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuggets4
Which is exactly what Atlanta is doing because their owners are suing each other. BTW, CO probably saw this already, but the Nugs "source" on the board I post on said that Dallas' first would be involved.

I did see that and It'd still be a steal even if the Nuggets gave up their own first rounder.

Master___Pain 08-21-2006 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
I did see that and It'd still be a steal even if the Nuggets gave up their own first rounder.

This rumor is way too good to be true.

RhymesayersDU 08-21-2006 06:25 PM

Count me in on the bender if this happens.

Hell, I'd drive back to Denver just to get drunk and celebrate.

Nuggets4 08-21-2006 06:42 PM

---IGNORE THIS LINE AS IT IS INSERTED FOR SPACING ISSUES---

<----- would be my reaction if this goes down.

KnowwhatI'msayin'?

RhymesayersDU 08-21-2006 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuggets4
---IGNORE THIS LINE AS IT IS INSERTED FOR SPACING ISSUES---

<----- would be my reaction if this goes down.

KnowwhatI'msayin'?

If get Maggette, we'd be giving the O-Face to the whole Western Conference.

Yeah, I'm "gunna go ahead and call it now," Taco John style.

Clockwork Orange 08-21-2006 08:11 PM

I'm tempering my enthusiasm big time until something official is announced. This does smack of something that's too good to be true. I've got my hopes up too many times and had deals end up not happening to get too enthusiastic before things are finalized.

But should it happen, I'll be doing cartwheels.

Jori 08-21-2006 08:38 PM

If it happens, I'll be the designated driver...somebody has to be responsible!

Nuggets4 08-21-2006 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jori
If it happens, I'll be the designated driver...somebody has to be responsible!

Like hell. You're drinking with us. We'll rent a limo for a deal like this.

It's a celebration b****es.

Clockwork Orange 08-21-2006 10:53 PM

So much for that. Looks like Harrington is headed to Indiana after all.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2556933

RhymesayersDU 08-22-2006 12:25 AM

Well, that was quick.

BroncoMatt 08-22-2006 02:43 PM

well that was a letdown

Clockwork Orange 08-22-2006 08:09 PM

It's official, Harrington's a Pacer again.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2557921

This rumor is officially dead.

Jori 08-22-2006 09:12 PM

Dare to dream :(

GonzoLays 08-23-2006 05:56 PM

Just another day in the life of a tortured fan base.

Corey Maggette for Joe Smith and the last pick of the first round. HA HA HA

You guys are killing me.

RhymesayersDU 08-23-2006 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GonzoLays
Just another day in the life of a deranged fan.

Paul Pierce, Ryan Gomes, And Leon Power are going to lead the Celtics to an 82-0 record and the NBA Championsip. HA HA HA

You're killing me.

Fixed it. :-*

GonzoLays 08-23-2006 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU
Paul Pierce, Ryan Gomes, And Leon Power are going to lead the Celtics to an 82-0 record and the NBA Championsip.

QUOTE THIS MAN FOR SOME TRUTH!!

Who knew Rhymes was a basketball genius?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.