The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   NBA & NCAA (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Nuggets/Bucks trade (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=45033)

Clockwork Orange 08-10-2006 01:01 PM

Nuggets/Bucks trade

According to the source who's been giving us the inside dirt all offseason, the Nuggets & Bucks have agreed to a trade that will send Ruben Patterson to Milwaukee and Joe Smith to Denver. The salaries match and both contracts are expiring after this season.

I like this move, a lot. Smith is a quality reserve player who can score a little bit. I also like the fact that Kenyon's posse is being broken up (Dermarr Johnson hasn't been re-signed yet either and may not be).

Master___Pain 08-10-2006 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
According to the source who's been giving us the inside dirt all offseason, the Nuggets & Bucks have agreed to a trade that will send Ruben Patterson to Milwaukee and Joe Smith to Denver. The salaries match and both contracts are expiring after this season.

I like this move, a lot. Smith is a quality reserve player who can score a little bit. I also like the fact that Kenyon's posse is being broken up (Dermarr Johnson hasn't been re-signed yet either and may not be).

I am fine with that trade...seems like we add another China Doll big man to the roster though. We would have a LOT of bigs on the roster if this happens and nut grabber is re-signed.

Clockwork Orange 08-10-2006 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Master___Pain
I am fine with that trade...seems like we add another China Doll big man to the roster though. We would have a LOT of bigs on the roster if this happens and nut grabber is re-signed.

The bag pincher is considering offers from the Nuggets, Cavs & T-Mutts, so him coming back is no certainty.

Master___Pain 08-10-2006 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
The bag pincher is considering offers from the Nuggets, Cavs & T-Mutts, so him coming back is no certainty.

Even without the coin purse fondler, we still have (assuming this trade happens)

Camby
K-Mart
Smith
Sampson
Nene
Klieza
Najera

I guess two of those guys could be considered 3s so not quite the log jam I was thinking since Elson is gone and reach around may not re-sign.

Hercules Rockefeller 08-10-2006 02:04 PM

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_4162791

Says the deal has been submitted to the league office

Jori 08-10-2006 02:22 PM

The Fan confirmed the trade.

RhymesayersDU 08-10-2006 03:28 PM

Gooo Nuggets!

llayne 08-10-2006 06:17 PM

Hey guys, here is a thought. IF the Nuggets traded Camby to the Hawks for Baby Al, do you think they would try playing a Suns type game.
PG Miller
SG Smith
SM Melo
PW Baby AL
C Nene

I rather trade K-mart than Camby but I doubt that happens.

Clockwork Orange 08-10-2006 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by llayne
Hey guys, here is a thought. IF the Nuggets traded Camby to the Hawks for Baby Al, do you think they would try playing a Suns type game.
PG Miller
SG Smith
SM Melo
PW Baby AL
C Nene

I rather trade K-mart than Camby but I doubt that happens.

Miller doesn't push the pace enough to run a Phoenix style offense. He already gets ragged on enough for not pushing it in the current offense.

DomCasual 08-11-2006 09:45 AM

I thought this was interesting. From the bottom of the RMN article about the trade:

Quote:

Last week, Karl said he expects Martin, who had a run-in with him during the playoffs and was suspended, to begin next season with the Nuggets. But Patterson, who is close to Martin and was his University of Cincinnati teammate, doesn't believe it will work. "I know for sure it's not going to," Patterson said. "Because I know Kenyon. He's not happy (in Denver). He told me after the season he wanted to go. If he's not gone, he's really going to go crazy."
I'm thinking of a word, and it starts with "Good Riddance!" If we are going to have any hope of getting value out of Kenyon Martin, it will only happen with guys like Ruben Patterson being gone.

Clockwork Orange 08-11-2006 11:08 AM

Exactly. Getting rid of Kenyon's boys is a step in the right direction. It's not nearly as publicized as the Karl/Kenyon blow up, but Patterson had his own run in with George Karl during the playoffs over minutes. That's not the first time, nor will it be the last, that Patterson gets moody over his perceived lack of playing time.

At least this way he's gone and Kenyon has one less yes man around.

TDforTD 08-13-2006 08:16 PM

Terrible trade. The Nuggets are going nowhere again.