The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Best BBQ In Denver. . . . .. (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=43910)

Cito Pelon 07-10-2006 12:37 PM

Best BBQ In Denver. . . . ..
 
Winston Hill's. Nothing fancy, but try a rack . . . .

Master___Pain 07-10-2006 12:42 PM

My favorite, although not quite in Denver, is the Hickory House in Parker. The food is awesome.

I wonder how many posts it's going to take before someone that lives elsewhere will rip on the lack of good BBQ in CO. Meanwhile they've never ate at the forementioned places.

Meck77 07-10-2006 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cito Pelon
Winston Hill's. Nothing fancy, but try a rack . . . .

Never heard of it. Where is it?

I didn hit the edgewater pizza place that everyone recommended on the pizza thread. Man that stuff was great!

Omaners know their food. I'll give Winstons a shot if you say so.

Breck Bronc 07-10-2006 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meck77
Never heard of it. Where is it?

I didn hit the edgewater pizza place that everyone recommended on the pizza thread. Man that stuff was great!

Omaners know their food. I'll give Winstons a shot if you say so.

There's one on Arapahoe Road just west of Holly Street. It's in the same shopping center as the King Soopers there.

Brothers Barbeque on Arapahoe and I-25 isn't bad, either.

RhymesayersDU 07-10-2006 01:02 PM

I haven't had much BBQ here in Denver, but I do frequent the Big Papa's BBQ on Evans. I enjoy it.

Cito Pelon 07-10-2006 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meck77
Never heard of it. Where is it?

I didn hit the edgewater pizza place that everyone recommended on the pizza thread. Man that stuff was great!

Omaners know their food. I'll give Winstons a shot if you say so.

5090 E Arapahoe Rd. West of Holly, N of Dry Creek. Give it a try, the guy was a Baltimore Colt OL for a few years, has some nice pictures to look at while you're waiting for your order.

scorpio 07-10-2006 01:13 PM

Bennett's in Aurora

Master___Pain 07-10-2006 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorpio
Bennett's in Aurora

Are you talking about the chain?

scorpio 07-10-2006 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Master___Pain
Are you talking about the chain?

If you call 4 restaurants in two cities a 'chain', then yes.

bfoflcommish 07-10-2006 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breck Bronc
There's one on Arapahoe Road just west of Holly Street. It's in the same shopping center as the King Soopers there.

Brothers Barbeque on Arapahoe and I-25 isn't bad, either.

I like Brother's as well

Cito Pelon 07-10-2006 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU
I haven't had much BBQ here in Denver, but I do frequent the Big Papa's BBQ on Evans. I enjoy it.

Big Papa's, eh? I'll give it a try. I do love to eat well. The Trail Dust off of Arapahoe and I-25 used to be a nice place to go. Burned down, got rebuilt. Also, if you look west from that joint, you have an excellent view of the Rockies. The noise from I-25 sucks, but the view is excellent.

DomCasual 07-10-2006 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cito Pelon
Big Papa's, eh? I'll give it a try. I do love to eat well. The Trail Dust off of Arapahoe and I-25 used to be a nice place to go. Burned down, got rebuilt. Also, if you look west from that joint, you have an excellent view of the Rockies. The noise from I-25 sucks, but the view is excellent.

Bastards cut my tie off. My attorneys are working with them on a settlement.

Master___Pain 07-10-2006 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorpio
If you call 4 restaurants in two cities a 'chain', then yes.

Huh, I thought they had some out of state stuff too. Their sauce is too bland for my liking. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

bombay 07-10-2006 02:17 PM

I still like M & D's at 28th and Race the best. That sliced pork platter is awesome. I also like the place Master_Pain mentioned in Parker - The Hickory House. I was told that their pork was imported from Holland and was tulip fed. Not kidding.

watermock 07-10-2006 02:19 PM

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/image.p...ine=1152550765

oh man...oh man...

Nuggets4 07-10-2006 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watermock

Careful scorpio, you're getting mock turned on. You know how he gets when he's drunk.

Back to the original statement, there's a place in Longmont called "Shorty's BBQ Pit" that's pretty damn good. Don't really know about Denver though.

alkemical 07-10-2006 02:30 PM

my mom's told me of a place they used to go to called 'pig in the pit' i have no idea if it's still open - not sure if it was in CO - (i was like 3yrs old then) - but we lived in pueblo if that's any barometer.

Cito Pelon 07-10-2006 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DomCasual
Bastards cut my tie off. My attorneys are working with them on a settlement.

Was the first settlement offer "Piss off"?

Cito Pelon 07-10-2006 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Master___Pain
Huh, I thought they had some out of state stuff too. Their sauce is too bland for my liking. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Yeah, well, with a handle like Master undercore Pain, geez what a surprise you like to have your food ruined with scorching heat.:giggle:

DomCasual 07-10-2006 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cito Pelon
Was the first settlement offer "Piss off"?

Oh, I am sure that's what they wanted to say, initially. But when they realized that I was from the 'hood in the suburbs south of Salt Lake City, they thought better of it.

Old Dude 07-10-2006 03:31 PM

Daddy Bruce had a great BBQ restaurant a few years back. But I don't know if it's still around.

DomCasual 07-10-2006 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dude
Daddy Bruce had a great BBQ restaurant a few years back. But I don't know if it's still around.

Isn't he the guy that used to feed all the homeless people on Thanksgiving?

Cito Pelon 07-10-2006 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amesj523
my mom's told me of a place they used to go to called 'pig in the pit' i have no idea if it's still open - not sure if it was in CO - (i was like 3yrs old then) - but we lived in pueblo if that's any barometer.

Winston Hill's is the place to go. You want a rack or two fast, all the fixin's, maybe a whole chicken, half a chicken with the fixins fast, go check out Winstons. You also get to check out pictures of him and Johnny U while you wait.

Nuggets4 07-10-2006 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dude
Daddy Bruce had a great BBQ restaurant a few years back. But I don't know if it's still around.

I believe it still is. That's one of those that I've been meaning to go to for YEARS now but never make it down there. I used to drive by it every week on my way to my Monday night class. The smells were amazing.

Cito Pelon 07-10-2006 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombay
I still like M & D's at 28th and Race the best. That sliced pork platter is awesome. I also like the place Master_Pain mentioned in Parker - The Hickory House. I was told that their pork was imported from Holland and was tulip fed. Not kidding.

28th and Race I don't go into. North of City Park white guys were always a target, that's what I grew up with, so I stay south of Colfax, that way there's no trouble.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.