The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   War, Religion and Politics Thread (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   The Decency Line... (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=43879)

Taco John 07-09-2006 03:20 AM

The Decency Line...

I just want to make it clear to the community here that I expect this forum to police itself in terms of the decency line. This forum has gotten vulgar lately, and is becoming an eyesore.

If this sub-community doesn't take it upon itself to police itself by reigning folks in when they cross the line, I will take extreme measures in order to prompt this kind of self policing. One tool that I'm considering is turning this forum off for periods of time such as 24 hours, or 12pm - 5pm PST.

I'll ask you not to make me get creative in solving this issue, because I honestly don't want to... But I will if I have to.

Rascal 07-09-2006 08:06 AM

I'd love to see it stay up but the vulgarity by 95% of the people who post here, including myself at times, is just pathetic. IMO it ruins the image of the board as a family forum (so does the majority of the avatar's but that's why I have them turned off). :thumbs:

footstepsfrom#27 07-09-2006 10:31 AM

Politics ARE vulgar. This place is a microcosm of the division expressing that vulgarity, thus a pretty accurate reflection of the mess we're now in.

Bronco_Beerslug 07-09-2006 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27
Politics ARE vulgar. This place is a microcosm of the division expressing that vulgarity, thus a pretty accurate reflection of the mess we're now in.

I've seen more profanity on the main board at times when Alec is posting. But maybe posting rules or guidlines on what's acceptable and what isn't would help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rascal
(so does the majority of the avatar's but that's why I have them turned off).

I was wondering why you didn't have an avatar.

Crushaholic 07-09-2006 01:40 PM

It's not that hard to debate politics without calling each other names. More people (on both sides) should try it...

loborugger 07-09-2006 02:31 PM

You are all a bunch of Jerks, you're all wrong, and you all suck balls!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

BroncoBuff 07-09-2006 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John
I just want to make it clear to the community here that I expect this forum to police itself in terms of the decency line. This forum has gotten vulgar lately, and is becoming an eyesore.

I'll ask you not to make me get creative in solving this issue, because I honestly don't want to... But I will if I have to.

What's your problem?

Why don't you do your job and MODERATE this room, instead of b****ing and threatening?

TJ, it was just one week ago when you complained in the main room that WRP is a "cess pool" and whenever you go there "you feel dirty." And yet on that VERY SAME DAY - you started a thread in here!!!! (The "Reesurrect a President" thread - a great thread). I'm sorry, TJ, but that makes you a first-class hypocrite in my book, at least on this topic.

WRP is the only room on this board without a moderator ... and yet you are "shocked, shocked!" when name-calling goes on?! Gimme a break. Stop blaming the room. As somebody who spends time in here (that's absolutely certain he posts nothing improper), your threats tick me off. You say "police yourself"? I say "do your job." Why not get, maybe, RedRocket to moderate? He seems pretty level-headed and not too political, and he has time to spend 30-60 minutes twice a day to go through the threads. We'll help him by self-reporting with PMs, and he can dole out whatever warnings or suspensions are warranted. (You know - like you do in EVERY OTHER room?!?)

I know the OM has been growing exponentially, and I'm happy for you and everybody. BUt don't act like the problem is getting "out of control," From where I sit, you're the problem. You and that empty box at the bottom of the page that says "Moderator:"

Saddletramp 07-09-2006 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bronco_Beerslug
I've seen more profanity on the main board at times when Alec is posting. But maybe posting rules or guidlines on what's acceptable and what isn't would help.

I was wondering why you didn't have an avatar.

what are you talking about? He has an avy.

Saddletramp 07-09-2006 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoBuff
What's your problem?

Why don't you do your job and MODERATE this room, instead of b****ing and threatening?

TJ, it was just one week ago when you complained in the main room that WRP is a "cess pool" and whenever you go there "you feel dirty." And yet on that VERY SAME DAY - you started a thread in here!!!! (The "Reesurrect a President" thread - a great thread). I'm sorry, TJ, but that makes you a first-class hypocrite in my book, at least on this topic.

WRP is the only room on this board without a moderator ... and yet you are "shocked, shocked!" when name-calling goes on?! Gimme a break. Stop blaming the room. As somebody who spends time in here (that's absolutely certain he posts nothing improper), your threats tick me off. You say "police yourself"? I say "do your job." Why not get, maybe, RedRocket to moderate? He seems pretty level-headed and not too political, and he has time to spend 30-60 minutes twice a day to go through the threads. We'll help him by self-reporting with PMs, and he can dole out whatever warnings or suspensions are warranted. (You know - like you do in EVERY OTHER room?!?)

I know the OM has been growing exponentially, and I'm happy for you and everybody. BUt don't act like the problem is getting "out of control," From where I sit, you're the problem. You and that empty box at the bottom of the page that says "Moderator:"

Unfortunatly I have to agree to a degree. I have reported pics and posts in CD and nothing was done other than I got told by a mod I needed to lighten
up. So why worry about WPR?

L.A. BRONCOS FAN 07-09-2006 04:53 PM

Vote for me.

Elect me as WRP moderator, and I promise to get rid of all the vulgarity.

:D

You do know what that means, don't you?

Pezman 07-09-2006 05:03 PM

Honestly, if we could get a mod in here, I'd personally nominate Elsid13, Slug or Shack in a heartbeat. That's not to say that LABF , W*gs or anyone else isnt worthy by the way... just my personal choices.

As for the rest of this forum, as long as the attacks aren't personal, obscene and vicious threats, then its all fair game in here IMO.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN 07-09-2006 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pezman
Honestly, if we could get a mod in here, I'd personally nominate Elsid13, Slug or Shack in a heartbeat. That's not to say that LABF , W*gs or anyone else isnt worthy by the way... just my personal choices.

As for the rest of this forum, as long as the attacks aren't personal, obscene and vicious threats, then its all fair game in here IMO.

I nominate BlueFlame.

She's already demonstrated her ability to hang with the rough boys in this forum without ever losing her cool or forgetting her role as a mod.

Pezman 07-09-2006 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN
I nominate BlueFlame.

She's already demonstrated her ability to hang with the rough boys in this forum without ever losing her cool or forgetting her role as a mod.

She is a great candidate LABF, except, considering that her hands are full enough as it is, I dont know if she would want full-time duties here. Plus, we've had some dialog between the two of us discussing how she might be taken as too liberal and the conservative crowd would complain that they are being treated unfairly.

Honestly, I'm all in favor of TJ's old approach of hands-off with the forum, and hope that the well-read and respected members here could lead by example more often rather than be baited. JMHO anyway :thumbs:

elsid13 07-09-2006 05:20 PM

Quote:

Thanks I think. I saw the thread in that caused some of the problem, and it did cross the line on PG13 site(and the guy that did it is one of my all time favorite posters on the board) . I know politics is emotional issue and folks get passionate about their position, but sometime you need to just take a step away, or you end up acting like Bobo, CrazyHorse or at worse PATCH. I had to do it half a dozen time in last couple of weeks. (Mainly because I need to find some female companionship, but that another story ;D) Beside on the Hill you would be surprise how many folks on the both side of the aisle actually hang out together.

I rather keep this section of the board up and running so I personnel ask folks to relax a little, remember at the end of the day all that matter is DENVER kicking the crap out of rest of the NFL. That and keep those damn French in thier place.

Pezman 07-09-2006 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elsid13
Thanks I think. I saw the thread in that caused some of the problem, and it did cross the line on PG13 site(and the guy that did it is one of my all time favorite posters on the board) . I know politics is emotional issue and folks get passionate about their position, but sometime you need to just take a step away, or you end up acting like Bobo, CrazyHorse or at worse PATCH. I had to do it half a dozen time in last couple of weeks. (Mainly because I need to find some female companionship, but that another story ;D) Beside on the Hill you would be surprise how many folks on the both side of the aisle actually hang out together.

I rather keep this section of the board up and running so I personnel ask folks to relax a little, remember at the end of the day all that matter is DENVER kicking the crap out of rest of the NFL. That and keep those damn French in thier place.

Yup, I agree totally. I guess when it comes down to it, some of us are internet tough guys, only to be completely different in person. :thumbsup:

L.A. BRONCOS FAN 07-09-2006 05:39 PM

Quote:

Honestly, I'm all in favor of TJ's old approach of hands-off with the forum, and hope that the well-read and respected members here could lead by example more often rather than be baited. JMHO anyway :thumbs:

I agree 100%

This is a place for political and religious discussions, so it's pretty much a given that things will get heated sometimes.

Thus, the "if you can't stand the heat, then stay out of the friggin' kitchen" policy seems appropriate.

There are too many complaints that could be resolved with the use of the ignore feature.

I'll never understand people who constantly complain about the input of others on this forum but decline to put the "offender" on ignore.

These people should be instructed to either use "ignore" or stop complaining.

They have the tools they need to moderate their own browsing experience here, and they simply refuse to use those tools.

Saddletramp 07-09-2006 05:51 PM

Quote:

I agree 100%

This is a place for political and religious discussions, so it's pretty much a given that things will get heated sometimes.

Thus, the "if you can't stand the heat, then stay out of the friggin' kitchen" policy seems appropriate.

Just because a discussion gets heated is no reason to get presonal. I have had lots of discussions (political and religious) with people and not once have I gotten personal and I cant remember having a personal attack pointed at me. I dont post in this forum much because there is no moderation. I love discussing religion but I am not going to put up with personal attacks and insults so I can.

W*GS 07-09-2006 05:53 PM

Quote:

You do know what that means, don't you?

WRP would be LABF's echo chamber.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN 07-09-2006 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saddletramp
Just because a discussion gets heated is no reason to get presonal. I have had lots of discussions (political and religious) with people and not once have I gotten personal and I cant remember having a personal attack pointed at me. I dont post in this forum much because there is no moderation. I love discussing religion but I am not going to put up with personal attacks and insults so I can.

That's the whole point - you don't have to put up with anything or anybody you don't want to experience here. All you have to do is use "ignore" and you will never see that person again.

Saddletramp 07-09-2006 06:01 PM

Quote:

That's the whole point - you don't have to put up with anything or anybody you don't want to experience here. All you have to do is use "ignore" and you will never see that person again.

No the point is there should be some moderation. We shouldn't have to use the ignore option.

Garcia Bronco 07-09-2006 06:01 PM

Elsid would be a god moderator for the WRP...Elsid is pretty balanced.

Spider 07-09-2006 06:03 PM

I see now you want to throw a Bítch fit ............. Blah, Blah , Blah , war room ......Whewre was all this concern when we on the left was called Anti American terrorist loving Pigs ? or when Death threats were issued , Hell Rascal Pmed me his home Phone # wante3d to fight , thought twice when he found out I was willing ...... Where was all this concern then ?
How about when most of us on the left got Terrorist Names ? Wasnt that over the top ?
How about when certian posters here feel the need to cram Religion down everyones throat , isnt that over the top and "****ting in the pool" ?
I know who went crying to you this time , shocking it wasnt Rascal ..........
Bottom line if they can dish it they can take it ..........
This is all over that Childmolesting list I have , I know it was meck that went to you , why is cause they wont have to face the list .............Thats what it is al about , it isnt the cursing or the name calling , if they say it is then the are lying , it is the Republican Pedophilia they choose not to deal with ........
So they want Pooitics shut down .............
Cowards ........... nothing more , nothing less

cbs1177 07-09-2006 06:05 PM

Crap I work a 16 hour day and miss all the action and riff raff. Work sucks. Any how I tend to check the poltics forum first then football of course it is off season. I dunno I met a lot of people here and tend to enjoy the forum space. I now have to read two days worth of threads to see where this thread orginated from.

gunns 07-09-2006 06:07 PM

I'd definitely go with Elsid.

Spider 07-09-2006 06:07 PM

Lying sack of **** ............I have seen the name calling and the personal........ attacks alo0t worse ....think back if you can , when I first posted the list , everyone blew a fuse , everything goes quite , We insult etc .Soon as the list id brought up and used in an argument .Bam !!!!!!!!!!! Retards want to cry ..... News Flash , if you dont Want Molesters in your Party ......STOP VOTING FOR THEM Would be a damn good place to start ................