Perry1977's Mock Draft
I went through the schedule and picked a winner for every game, laid out the playoff picture, then went through that all the way to the SB to determine the order. So it's probably off, but it's my best shot.
Here's what the first full round mock looks like, plus some guesses by me for the Broncos remaining picks after the first:
1) New Orleans Saints (Trade w/ Houston) - Matt Lienart, QB, USC
2) N.Y. Jets - Reggie Bush, RB, USC
3) Houston Texans - D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia
4) Green Bay Packers - Laurence Maroney, RB, Minnesota
5) San Francisco 49ers - Eric Winston, OT, Miami
6) Arizona Cardinals - Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame
7) Baltimore Ravens - Vince Young, QB, Texas
8) Tennessee Titans - Jimmy Williams, CB/S, Virginia Tech
9) Cleveland Browns - Haloti Ngata, DT, Oregon
10) Buffalo Bills - Marcus McNeil, OT, Auburn
11) Detroit Lions - Mathais Kiwanuka, DE, Boston College
12) Oakland Raiders - A.J. Hawk, OLB, Ohio State
13) Philadelphia Eagles - Santonio Holmes, WR, Ohio State
14) Miami Dolphins - Omar Jacobs, QB, Bowling Green
15) Minnesota Vikings - DeAngelo Williams, RB, Memphis
16) Denver Broncos - Mario Williams, DE, North Carolina State
17) St. Louis Rams - Claude Wroten, DT, LSU
18) Atlanta Falcons - Jason Avant, WR, Michigan
19) Kansas City Chiefs - Rodrique Wright, DT, Texas
20) San Diego Chargers - Gabe Watson, DT, Michigan
21) New England Patriots - Devin Hester, CB, Miami
22) Carolina - D'Qwell Jackson, ILB, Maryland
23) Dallas Cowboys - Max Jean-Gilles, OG, Georgia
24) Pittsburgh Steelers - Chad Jackson, WR, Florida
25) Chicago Bears - Marcedes Lewis, TE, UCLA
26) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Michael Huff, S, Texas
27) Cincinnati Bengals - Jesse Mahelona, DT, Tennessee
28) Jacksonville Jaguars - Leonard Pope, TE, Georgia
29) N.Y. Giants - Chad Greenway, OLB, Iowa
30) Denver Broncos - Vernon Davis, TE, Maryland
31) Seattle Seahawks - Jason Allen, S, Tennessee
32) Indianapolis Colts - Tye Hill, CB, Clemson
Houston trades away the #1 overall, taking NO's #3 overall, their second round pick in 2007, and their third round pick in 2006. It is done, and Leinart suffers a fate worse than death!
Here's the rest of the Broncos' picks:
Round 2 - Daryn Colledge, OT, Boise State
Round 3 - Brandon Meriweather, S, Miami
Round 4a (From Wash) - DonTrell Moore, RB, New Mexico
Round 4b - Will Allen, OG, Texas
Round 4c (Compensatory Pick) - Jovon Bouknight, WR, Wyoming
Round 5 - Mason Crosby, K, Colorado
Round 6 - Jeremy Bloom, WR, Colorado
Figured I'd just throw in some CU picks for you homers out there. =p
Here's what I did to figure out the draft order. I made tallies by each team's name as I recorded a win for them, then did my best to get the Wild Card positions right:
NE 9-7 *
Pitt 12-4 *
Cin 11-5 WC
Jax 12-4 WC
Giants 11-5 WC
Car 11-5 WC
4) N.Y. Giants
12) New England
13) San Diego
14) Kansas City
16) St. Louis
28) San Francisco
29) Green Bay
30) New Orleans
31) NY Jets
2) N.Y. Jets
3) New Orleans
4) Green Bay
5) San Francisco
16) Denver (From Wash)
17) St. Louis
19) Kansas City
20) San Diego
21) New England
29) NY Giants
It doesn't look like Young, Quinn, Hester, Pope or Crosby will declare for the draft. Jacobs had a very inconsistent year and some injuries, plus the teams offensive scheme was exposed. I can't see him as a first round player unless he really turns heads at the combine. While they have had decent years, Brick, Kiwi and Watson were not as dominant as expected. They also need to reaaly impress at the combine to maintain their preseason status.
Crosby would never last until the 3rd, let alone the 5th, and no one is trading into the 1st overall without giving up a future 1st.
I thought we had the 32nd pick?
Merriweather is staying in school.
I like my mock better. ha ha
I don't. Matt Leinart falling past the Jets, Titans, New Orleans, AND Arizona to Baltimore?
You, my friend, are smoking crack.
Well, teams actually do their homework, and lots of it. We'll see on draft day, wont we? ;)
Thanks for the input though, those of you who made intelligent responses, anyways. =p
You make crack sound like a bad thing. :alghh: Leinart looked like **** yesterday and as SoCal said he is a slug and I could beat him in a 40 yard dash.
Also, even though he is slow, he has tremendous pocket presence and even when he gets outside the pocket, he somehow seems to make people miss even though he is big and slow.
Good grief another "denver will draft a TE" mock.
Get over it we are not going to be drafting a TE especially in the first round.
Perry, thank for the mock. I love your No. 9 Cleveland pick of Haloti Ngata. I like the kid and I am sure the Browns will be trading him to us soon. Like some of the others, I have grown tired of so many of the experts telling us we are going to draft a TE. But this year I wouldn't have a problem with V. Davis, Pope or Lewis. We can't seem to draft good WR (15 since 1996: Nash, Patrick Jeffers, Billy Miller and so many other un-noticiables.) Draft a TE and line him up as receiver.
Don't worry about Meriweather in the third round. Just plug in Pat Watkins.
I have not heard if Ngata plans to come out. I beleive he is only a junior.
Why would the combine hurt Leinart? He will not participate in any drills. He will only do measurments & interviews.
I'm not saying the Leinart will be a bust. He's played in a pro-style offense and been very effective. That being said, it's very telling that Pete Carrol insisted that Carson Palmer was the best QB SoCal has produced.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:05 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.