The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Photoshop Tutorials (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Tutorial request (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=34083)

Jens1893 11-30-2005 02:09 AM

Tutorial request
 
http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/5518/devoe13vp.jpg

how do i make stuff like this?

Play2win 11-30-2005 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens

I'll Put together Something for you, with screenshots and all, just give me a day or two. ;D

Rock Chalk 11-30-2005 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play2Win
I'll Put together Something for you, with screenshots and all, just give me a day or two. ;D

Hey Play2Win, if you make the tutorial number it and I will sticky it.

My next full tutorial I am going to do is on reflections. I will be doing a mini tutorial as a supplement to the Extract Image tutorial showing how to extract images with the magic wand.

Jens1893 11-30-2005 06:49 AM

thank you, play2win.

and as i have you 2 here already, how do i resize images on the fly? i mean resizing with some sort of bounding box, like when you type something and press and ctrl or like you have in paint shop pro by default.

Rock Chalk 11-30-2005 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens
thank you, play2win.

and as i have you 2 here already, how do i resize images on the fly? i mean resizing with some sort of bounding box, like when you type something and press and ctrl or like you have in paint shop pro by default.

Easiest way to resize an image is in MS Paint. CTRL+E (maybe W) and then change the horizontal and vertical percentages equally.

But in Photoshop, you just go Menu: Image-->Image Size...

If you keep the "Constrain Proportions" box checked, then you only have to change the width OR the height and the other is automatically resized in proportion.

Play2win 11-30-2005 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlecRaenos
Hey Play2Win, if you make the tutorial number it and I will sticky it.

My next full tutorial I am going to do is on reflections. I will be doing a mini tutorial as a supplement to the Extract Image tutorial showing how to extract images with the magic wand.

Sounds good to me. :thumbsup:

Jens1893 11-30-2005 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlecRaenos
Easiest way to resize an image is in MS Paint. CTRL+E (maybe W) and then change the horizontal and vertical percentages equally.

But in Photoshop, you just go Menu: Image-->Image Size...

If you keep the "Constrain Proportions" box checked, then you only have to change the width OR the height and the other is automatically resized in proportion.

i know that, but after further research paintshop pro doesnt have the feature im looking for, either ... or i havent found it yet :dunk:

RhymesayersDU 11-30-2005 10:31 AM

Sweet, a magic wand tutorial. That has been frustrating me, and I've gone to exclusively using the other deal... the lasso tool I believe it is. Perhaps I'm not using the wagic wand correctly.

Play2win 11-30-2005 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens
i know that, but after further research paintshop pro doesnt have the feature im looking for, either ... or i havent found it yet :dunk:

I don't know if this is what you are looking for or not, But you can alway use Free Transform command (Command/T) to get a bounding Box. You can re-size and rotate just like you could do with any other Bounding Box. Then you could Just crop your Image afterwords (cropping out the unneccessary white background).

The trick would be to SHOW RULERS (Command/R), set the units (inches or PIXELS) and Set-up GUIDES. Then, after re-sizing your image, just CROP to the Guides.

(of course Image Size allows you alot more control over different size and Resolution properties...)

I hope this is what you were getting at. ;D

Rock Chalk 11-30-2005 11:04 AM

CTRL-T (we dont use dirty macs Play2Win) is Free Transform and that is one of the most useful commands in PS.

Play2win 11-30-2005 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlecRaenos
CTRL-T (we dont use dirty macs Play2Win) is Free Transform and that is one of the most useful commands in PS.

I am still absolutely LOVING my new PowerBook, and the Dual Monitor set-up I got... ;D

Play2win 11-30-2005 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlecRaenos
CTRL-T (we dont use dirty macs Play2Win) is Free Transform and that is one of the most useful commands in PS.

Did you know, now in CS2, you can WARP Selection from the contextual menu off of Free Transform?

Its pretty sweet. I have just started to play around with that...

Blueflame 11-30-2005 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens
i know that, but after further research paintshop pro doesnt have the feature im looking for, either ... or i havent found it yet :dunk:

In Paintshop Pro, resizing is simple... click the "Image" tab, then "Resize"... on the next screen, it's as easy as typing in the height or width you need. Because resizing can make an image look less sharp, I always go into "Effects" and sharpen it up after making any size changes.

Jens1893 11-30-2005 01:49 PM

the free transform thing is the thing i wanted. thanks.

Rock Chalk 11-30-2005 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play2Win
Did you know, now in CS2, you can WARP Selection from the contextual menu off of Free Transform?

Its pretty sweet. I have just started to play around with that...

Yes, there are lots of things in CS2 that are sweet that I love over CS and 7.0.

Play2win 11-30-2005 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlecRaenos
Yes, there are lots of things in CS2 that are sweet that I love over CS and 7.0.

I know, I have been working on 7.0 for a FEW years now, until just recently. Like 1 Month ago recently!!!


Photoshop CS2 is one HELL of a program. :militia:

OrangeShadow 12-01-2005 05:36 AM

i just got CS2 2 days ago

RhymesayersDU 12-01-2005 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeShadow
i just got CS2 2 days ago

Same here, I got CS2 like, a week ago. It's fun.

Especially when it's free. ;)

El Guapo 12-01-2005 09:51 AM

i need a hookup.. i used to have it and I really miss it.


Id like a tutorial on how to do neon signs and stuff. :~ohyah!:

Play2win 12-01-2005 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeShadow
i just got CS2 2 days ago

Rock ON!! :militia:

Play2win 12-01-2005 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU
Same here, I got CS2 like, a week ago. It's fun.

Especially when it's free. ;)

!Booya! :militia: !Booya! :militia: !Booya!

Rock Chalk 12-01-2005 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick_7
i need a hookup.. i used to have it and I really miss it.


Id like a tutorial on how to do neon signs and stuff. :~ohyah!:

Bet, that was one of the first tutorials I ever went through so I will make you one up.

Natedogg 03-27-2006 01:18 PM

Hey alec, you're tutorials are great. If you're still looking for requests I'd like to have one making realistic and accurate shadows.

Rock Chalk 03-29-2006 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natedogg
Hey alec, you're tutorials are great. If you're still looking for requests I'd like to have one making realistic and accurate shadows.

Alright.

I owe another tutorial (actually two) so this weekend I will make all three.

I will personally set aside some time to do this this weekend.

minibronco 04-02-2006 05:58 PM

BTW Alec, always wanted to ask you this:

Am I able to post tutorials? And number them?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.