The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Announcements, Features and Feedback (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   whats with the ads in the middle of the page? (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=32675)

OrangeShadow 10-30-2005 07:20 AM

whats with the ads in the middle of the page?
 
they use to be up by the banner now they are in the middle of all the pages? ???

Tredici 10-30-2005 07:23 AM

And masquerading as a post in every thread.

I have a low tolerance for that kind of thing so it annoys the heck out of me.

Broncoman13 10-30-2005 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tredici
And masquerading as a post in every thread.

I have a low tolerance for that kind of thing so it annoys the heck out of me.

My aren't we full of complaints lately??? What's up 13, you used to be the most low key gal on the mane. Just curious, hope all is well!

Bronco_Beerslug 10-30-2005 07:38 AM

What ads?




EDIT: OK, I see it now. Use FireFox with Ad-Block and all you see is what is in the pic below.


http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/6317/ads3ta.png



.
<a href="http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&amp;id=0&amp;t=79"><img border="0" alt="Get Firefox!" title="Get Firefox!" src="http://sfx-images.mozilla.org/affiliates/Buttons/120x60/safer.gif"/></a>

http://www.spreadfirefox.com/themes/...ght-column.jpg

watermock 10-30-2005 07:44 AM

It probably pays more to the site than those on the front page. Besides, the History Channel is one of the finest on TV. What do you want...having to scroll over a banner or pay membership instead of voluntary donation drives?

-Slap- 10-30-2005 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OSKIE
My aren't we full of complaints lately??? What's up 13, you used to be the most low key gal on the mane. Just curious, hope all is well!

That's right. Unsolicited opinions should be kept to yourself, Tredici. We're all just lucky to be here. Every time I post on this hallowed board, I feel like a rookie free agent who's just priveleged to suit up in an NFL uniform. Everything else is gravy.

Garcia Bronco 10-30-2005 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tredici
And masquerading as a post in every thread.

I have a low tolerance for that kind of thing so it annoys the heck out of me.


I agree.

ak1971 10-30-2005 08:11 AM

TJ..Cant you get Hustler, Budweiser or more casinos to post ads? :)

Tredici 10-30-2005 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watermock
It probably pays more to the site than those on the front page. Besides, the History Channel is one of the finest on TV. What do you want...having to scroll over a banner or pay membership instead of voluntary donation drives?

Personnally i would choose paid membership. Like I said I just have low tolerance for most any type of advertising. For some reason the internet variety is doubly annoying. So if it was just me I would gladly pay up if that were a choice.

elsid13 10-30-2005 08:14 AM

It could be worse, instead of the history channel we could have ad for male enhancment drugs. Of course TJ would be making some money then.

Tredici 10-30-2005 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OSKIE
My aren't we full of complaints lately??? What's up 13, you used to be the most low key gal on the mane. Just curious, hope all is well!

Just made a personal observation. Not meant to taken as anything more than that.

watermock 10-30-2005 08:18 AM

I'm sure he still takes donations.

Tredici 10-30-2005 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watermock
I'm sure he still takes donations.

I'm sure I still make them.

Needa Pass Rush 10-30-2005 08:26 AM

TJ is making the site pay him some dimes. Good for him! Do we have to click them to turn the dimes into quarters?

ludo21 10-30-2005 08:40 AM

Am i missing some threads because of the ads??

If not, its all good.

Rock Chalk 10-30-2005 08:46 AM

I wouldnt leave the board over rep, but I will if this stays permanently. If I want Ads, I will go to ESPN message boards.

Needa Pass Rush 10-30-2005 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlecRaenos
I wouldnt leave the board over rep, but I will if this stays permanently. If I want Ads, I will go to ESPN message boards.


You're not going anywhere. You need your daily REP! :~ohyah!:

Garcia Bronco 10-30-2005 08:49 AM

I don't mind them....I mind the placement. Flashing and moving banner ad grapics are one of my turn-offs.

:D

Rock Chalk 10-30-2005 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco
I don't mind them....I mind the placement. Flashing and moving banner ad grapics are one of my turn-offs.

:D

If TJ needs money, there are many other ways to generate revenue than this.

Rock Chalk 10-30-2005 08:54 AM

nevermind, adblock with the wildcard for all google **** blocks it all otu. Im good.

PatsWin2002 10-30-2005 08:56 AM

Hopefully TJ is just toying with the idea.

Besides, the internet savvy folks will ignore them, block them, and never click them anyway.

ludo21 10-30-2005 08:57 AM

my google pop up blocker dont block it. WAAAAAAAaa

OO well, their not that big of a deal.

maven 10-30-2005 09:01 AM

I'm starting to hate the History Channel. This is a terrible idea to have ads between threads. The crusades were long ago. Nothing new will be gathered.

Rock Chalk 10-30-2005 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maven
I'm starting to hate the History Channel. This is a terrible idea to have ads between threads. The crusades were long ago. Nothing new will be gathered.

Beerslug is right, Firefox's adblock works great, but I agree with you, that having an ad IN the thread is the worst idea ever made by any man in the history of the world and that includes the Crusades.

Dagmar 10-30-2005 09:12 AM

I'm still trying to work out how it is 9:10am when we left Denver at 9:30am...


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.