The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The Official Blow the whole thing up venting thread! (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=23261)

azbroncfan 03-04-2005 11:45 AM

The Official Blow the whole thing up venting thread!

With the attitude around here, here it is lets hear it! :bomb:

OBF1 03-04-2005 11:48 AM

A little negitive arn't we Nancy?

SoCalBronco 03-04-2005 11:51 AM

Dont blow up the whole thing but immediately strip Shanahan of all his GMing duties and find a way to void Gold's deal if you can.

azbroncfan 03-04-2005 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBF1
A little negitive arn't we Nancy?

Nah, I'm not too negative because who should we or need to add that we won't overpay and will make a huge difference. We might need to step back a little and get in charge of the cap and lets move Pryce and that will help for years to come. I'm would like to go into an offseason with money to spend at some point with quality FA available. Still a lot of time till the season starts. :stuck:

orange 4 life 03-04-2005 12:10 PM

im excited.
i like the moves thus far.

i like plummer restructuring to free up money.
i like anderson coming back.
i like tatum in his second year.
i like dan "3 holding calls per game" neil being released.
i like ian gold coming back.
i like walls returning healthy.
i like warren on the d-line.
i like the idea of signing chike for alot less than hayward wouldve cost.

i like the fact that there's still PLENTY of time to address the other needs on the team.
i like the direction, and i like the way '05 is shaping up.

jake

Meck77 03-04-2005 12:19 PM

We definetly have a pattern going here folks. Please click on the link to refresh your memory. It's becoming very apparent to me that our organization is pretty content on winning 10 or so games and remaining competetive enough to sneak into the playoffs in order to keep fans in the seats. The problem is the fans are not content with 10 wins anymore. The pressure is mounting and every season we hear more of the same thing. "We are just a few players away from making a superbowl run".

Alot of factors have to fall into place in order to make a run at the superbowl and if you look back at the talent we had then, along with the sacrifices of some of the players in terms of money, we just aren't there. I'm not hitting the panic button but it sure does seem that the Broncos have been resistant to any real change in order to get ahead.

Bottom line..........."Do what you've always done........and you'll get what you've always gotten"

http://profootballreference.com/teams/denindex.htm

long beach bronco 03-04-2005 12:22 PM

We need to sign that big playermaker that makes a difference, and don't tell me "we don't have the money", because we didn't have it last year and still gave Champ a trillion dollars. It can be done.

football idiot 03-04-2005 02:47 PM

which players took below-market-value deals in the 90's during our superbowl run?

I don't remember any.

which season, in the last 6 years, were we not a couple of injuries or big plays away from winning our division?

we've lost 3 playoff games. so that's not good enough. but find me one team in this league that would be favored to win a playoff game @ the 2000 Ravens or @ the Colts. the home-field advantage they get (with help from the refs) especially in a playoff game, is almost insurmountable.

the biggest thing we need is the offensive juggernaut we had in the day. and that requires the chemistry, experience, and talent we had in the SB runs. it requires a QB with the ability AND a few years in the system. it requires more than 1 or 2 starting receivers. it requires good-to-great play at the FB and TE positions (this has been a serious issue for us). and it requires a consistent pass-rush. we got lucky with old Al Williams and the ex-Chief DE (can't remember his name). but the old pass-rushers these days want 10-mill, they won't sign a sweetheart deal to play for a contender. and when they do, we end up with IHOP.

you gotta get lucky to win a superbowl. and you've got to have a pretty good team. we've been getting half of that right ever since 98.

Taco John 03-04-2005 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalBronco
Dont blow up the whole thing but immediately strip Shanahan of all his GMing duties and find a way to void Gold's deal if you can.

Shanahan doesn't do a whole lot of GMing... Sundquist does it. He answers to Shanahan. That isn't going to change anytime soon...

-Slap- 03-04-2005 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orange 4 life
im excited.
i like the moves thus far.

i like plummer restructuring to free up money.
i like anderson coming back.
i like tatum in his second year.
i like ian gold coming back.
i like walls returning healthy.
i like warren on the d-line.
i like the idea of signing chike for alot less than hayward wouldve cost.

i like the fact that there's still PLENTY of time to address the other needs on the team.
i like the direction, and i like the way '05 is shaping up.

jake

6-10 should be real exciting.

Nice cheap shot at Dan Neil. He gave a hell of a lot more for this team than that scrawny b**** Gold ever did.

-Slap- 03-04-2005 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John
Shanahan doesn't do a whole lot of GMing... Sundquist does it. He answers to Shanahan. That isn't going to change anytime soon...

I think it will all change soon. 2005 will be Shanahan's last season in Denver. We're going to have our annual mid season collapse, but we're not going to start out 5-1 first.

Bronx33 03-04-2005 03:31 PM

LMAO! isnt that the truth! it was him or lepsis with a holding call when we didnt need it.

-Slap- 03-04-2005 03:34 PM

Yeah, Neil was a real a-hole. I hate guys who play hurt and leave everything they have on the field for us.

sledgehammer 03-04-2005 03:39 PM

Quote:

Shanahan is a control freak. He will never give up his GM duties.

sledgehammer 03-04-2005 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Slap-
I think it will all change soon. 2005 will be Shanahan's last season in Denver. We're going to have our annual mid season collapse, but we're not going to start out 5-1 first.

It will be probably be Plummer's last season in Denver as well.

Meck77 03-04-2005 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by football idiot
which players took below-market-value deals in the 90's during our superbowl run?

I don't remember any.

which season, in the last 6 years, were we not a couple of injuries or big plays away from winning our division?

we've lost 3 playoff games. so that's not good enough. but find me one team in this league that would be favored to win a playoff game @ the 2000 Ravens or @ the Colts. the home-field advantage they get (with help from the refs) especially in a playoff game, is almost insurmountable.

the biggest thing we need is the offensive juggernaut we had in the day. and that requires the chemistry, experience, and talent we had in the SB runs. it requires a QB with the ability AND a few years in the system. it requires more than 1 or 2 starting receivers. it requires good-to-great play at the FB and TE positions (this has been a serious issue for us). and it requires a consistent pass-rush. we got lucky with old Al Williams and the ex-Chief DE (can't remember his name). but the old pass-rushers these days want 10-mill, they won't sign a sweetheart deal to play for a contender. and when they do, we end up with IHOP.

you gotta get lucky to win a superbowl. and you've got to have a pretty good team. we've been getting half of that right ever since 98.

I don't have all the contract info form the SB years but I could have sworn you had guys like Elway restructuring his contract in order to pay some talent in order to help him win a bowl. My point is instead of guys like Terrell we've had guys like Portis walking into the coaches office asking to be paid more than any other RB in the league. It's tough to get to the SB with moves like that.

I agree with you that going to the Colts two years in a row is a tough task for any team but had the regular season played out differently with a win or two either year the playoffs could have been different but the bottom line is we still are no match for the Patriots. This team is and was not 1 or 2 players away from a Superbowl winning team.

I'm not saying we can't make the superbowl but we need some serious change.

orange 4 life 03-04-2005 04:37 PM

Quote:

6-10 should be real exciting.

Nice cheap shot at Dan Neil. He gave a hell of a lot more for this team than that scrawny b**** Gold ever did.

give me a friggin break slap.

you dont believe that 6-10 **** for a second.
as for neil, sorry pal, i just never cared for him. he was with the team for a while, and i wish him well, but im glad he's gone.

orange 4 life 03-04-2005 04:39 PM

Quote:

Yeah, Neil was a real a-hole. I hate guys who play hurt and leave everything they have on the field for us.

youre out of control slap.

no one said he's an "a-hole".

simply that he had a long track record of holding calls at inopportune times.
care to disagree with that?

orange 4 life 03-04-2005 04:40 PM

Quote:

...and incidentally, if i were to suit up for the broncos, i'd do everything but DIE to help them win...

....and i'd still be frighteningly bad.

ozomulsion 03-04-2005 04:43 PM

Quote:

And give Coyer a couple slaps to the back of his head for going along with it.

Taco John 03-04-2005 04:47 PM

Quote:

That's the way it looks from where I'm sitting too... I've never believed Shanahan's future was tied into how Jake does. I think his future is tied into how bright the future looks at the end of the season...

Given the direction we're going, I can't say I'm too terribly optimistic.

I'm not going to predict 6-10 yet... But I'm also not going to predict 13-3.

jbiel 03-04-2005 04:47 PM

don't forget we almost beat the patriots 2 years ago, with danny at qb and the great deltha playing cb, so we must not have been too far off. we have the athletes, just need the chemistry.

orange 4 life 03-04-2005 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meck77
I don't have all the contract info form the SB years but I could have sworn you had guys like Elway restructuring his contract in order to pay some talent in order to help him win a bowl. My point is instead of guys like Terrell we've had guys like Portis walking into the coaches office asking to be paid more than any other RB in the league. It's tough to get to the SB with moves like that.

I agree with you that going to the Colts two years in a row is a tough task for any team but had the regular season played out differently with a win or two either year the playoffs could have been different but the bottom line is we still are no match for the Patriots. This team is and was not 1 or 2 players away from a Superbowl winning team.

I'm not saying we can't make the superbowl but we need some serious change.

bull**** meck.

love ya like a brother, but bull****.

the pats lucked into a win against us a couple years ago with danny kanell at the helm.
in the last two years, we've been blown out by a whopping TWO teams.
the colts (twice) and the chiefs (last years road debacle).
we lost a game at jville because of a fluke fumble.
we lost at home to oakland because the friggin stars werent aligned properly.
the defense blew an 11 point lead, watts dropped a td pass, elam had a kick blocked, and we all still have nightmares about that catch in our endzone that gave them the lead in the first place.
we lost to san diego because we came out flat, called a bad play at the goaline (or executed it poorly. take your pick), and another watts drop.

the team was a few PLAYS away from winning the division and playing at home.

indy is to us as new england is to indy.
its a bad matchup.
we wouldve competed against anyone else out there, and that includes new england.

if the team had had TWO players more last year, it MAY have been enough.
the loss of both pryce AND ellis was crippling, and we wouldve been a much different pass rushing team with those two in there.

ozomulsion 03-04-2005 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbiel
don't forget we almost beat the patriots 2 years ago, with danny at qb and the great deltha playing cb, so we must not have been too far off. we have the athletes, just need the chemistry.

We lost the game so who cares?

orange 4 life 03-04-2005 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozomulsion
We lost the game so who cares?

oh come on ozo.

it makes a HUGE difference.

if we lost by 30 points, its pretty crazy to say we're close.
when you barely lose (and gave it away in fact) with your backup, its a pretty good indicator that your team isnt far away.

when you finish 6-10, you may want to question a coach saying they were close.
when you finish with back to back 10-6 seasons (with this last one being a few PLAYS away from 12-4 and division winners), its pretty clear that you ARE in fact close.

jake