The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Ring of Fame Threads (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Did Peyton_Manning Choke Today? (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=21690)

-Slap- 01-16-2005 04:19 PM

Did Peyton_Manning Choke Today?

0-6 against <a href="http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/187741" target="_blank">Tom Brady</a>.

1-7 against Bill Belichick.

0-7 in Foxboro.

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/app...601162328.jpeg

Garcia Bronco 01-16-2005 04:21 PM

didn't you start a thread about names in the title?

:)

GonzoLays 01-16-2005 04:21 PM

I simply cannot believe you put a full name in the thread title when you devoted a whole thread to tell others NOT TO pull full names in the thread title.

I guess you never read your own thread.

That is too funny. And sad.

DB-Freak 01-16-2005 04:22 PM

Ouch.

-Slap- 01-16-2005 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GonzoLays
I simply cannot believe you put a full name in the thread title when you devoted a whole thread to tell others NOT TO pull full names in the thread title.

I guess you never read your own thread.

That is too funny. And sad.

I fixed it.

And nobody likes you.

:)

GonzoLays 01-16-2005 04:23 PM

Well atleast you fixed it, but still....

-Slap- 01-16-2005 04:25 PM

So overcome with glee was I, that I forget my own admonition. I'm so glad people jumped my ass for it in two minutes flat. I deserve it.

rofl

-Slap- 01-16-2005 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GonzoLays
Well atleast you fixed it, but still....

I'm trainable, just severely undermotivated.

-Slap- 01-16-2005 04:28 PM

Please, though, start another Slap is an a-hole thread if you must, but let's leave this thread strictly for bashing the choking dog that is Peyton Manning.

Tredici 01-16-2005 04:32 PM

Well... next year the Super Bowl is in a dome isn't it? If they could manage to come up with home field advantage throughout the playoffs then Prince Peyton would have the nice, sterile football conditions which make him the best QB in the NFL.

Rulon Velvet Jones 01-16-2005 04:35 PM

If my private junk represented the Patriots, then Peyton Manning would be none other than Linda Lovelace.

CornStore 01-16-2005 04:36 PM

i know you're still sore at manning for destroying the broncos, but let's be real:

the colts are 0-6 against the pats

the colts are 1-7 against Bill Belichick.

the colts are 0-7 in Foxboro

trying to pin this on manning choking is laughable when his WRs have been dropping balls and his line hasn't been able to keep the pressure off. i mean, that's all because of the patriots dominating on defense, but he hardly "choked". his offense got outplayed on many levels, no QB is going to be able to win a game when that happens. he certainly didn't blow this game like bledsoe or plummer have on many occasions, despite the rest of their team playing well.

azbroncfan 01-16-2005 04:37 PM

I voted no because even though he didn't play great he didn't fumble those two balls and drop passes. His Oline choked it up as well.

-Slap- 01-16-2005 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tredici
Well... next year the Super Bowl is in a dome isn't it? If they could manage to come up with home field advantage throughout the playoffs then Prince Peyton would have the nice, sterile football conditions which make him the best QB in the NFL.

Or, more likely, he'll find a way to piss down his leg in the Playoffs yet again.

Three (3) points today. My goodness. Gonna be hard to spin that one. Don't the Patriots have an injury depleted defense, too?

:kiddingme

I wonder what happened?

http://www.geocities.com/televisionc...7810/CHOKE.JPG

Clockwork Orange 01-16-2005 04:37 PM

I see, so Manning gets all the credit when the Colts win and none of the blame when they lose.

Whatever.

Bronx33 01-16-2005 04:38 PM

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/F...chmaneuver.txt

-Slap- 01-16-2005 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
I see, so Manning gets all the credit when the Colts win and none of the blame when they lose.

Whatever.

Unless I'm misreading the scoreboard, the Colts have scored exactly three (3) points today.

rofl

Oh, nice interception to cap things off. How fitting.

winstoncup bronco 01-16-2005 04:42 PM

So what can No-ring, I mean Manning, complain about this offseason? Make every team play in a dome?

-Slap- 01-16-2005 04:43 PM

Great sign:

Make
Vacation
Plans

rofl

Clockwork Orange 01-16-2005 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Slap-
Unless I'm misreading the scoreboard, the Colts have scored exactly three (3) points today.

rofl

Oh, nice interception to cap things off. How fitting.

Exactly. A performance pretty unbecoming of the supposed greatest QB ever and his allegedly unstoppable offense.

-Slap- 01-16-2005 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco
So what can No-ring, I mean Manning, complain about this offseason? Make every team play in a dome?

Hard to say. All they did was cry and cry and cry last year. What can they cry about this time?

:kiddingme

Maybe, they're upset because they're soft.

CornStore 01-16-2005 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange

Whatever.

i never said that or meant to imply it. most of the credit in the colts/broncos game has to go to wayne and clark. peyton called good plays but the reason it was such a blowout was because wayne (and his blockers) and clark made some incredible catches and plays.

CornStore 01-16-2005 04:51 PM

i find it surprising that broncos fans are so quick to claim manning sucks blah blah blah because of this game.

are the broncos as bad as the colts made them look in the first round? of course not. the patriots have a great defensive scheme, had a bye week to prepare, played at home, AND made great plays on defense and outplayed manning's offense. of course he's going to look bad, just as the broncos looked bad when they were facing a rested colts team that has their number.

eddie mac 01-16-2005 04:52 PM

No, IMO The Pats D would've stopped any offense the way they played today especially on their own turf.

Pendejo 01-16-2005 04:56 PM

I can see Polian working the phones now. "Gawd dammit why don't you make them put a dome over that place, and those chowder heads are too loud. I want Bruschi fined. His fumble recoveries severely hampered our chances of at least being competetive."

Manning was f***ing hapless today. I for one am happy as hell. You're gawd damn right...sour grapes...In the final 30 seconds I was rooting for the Pats to break his ankle...Yeah I'm as classless as Bozo the Schottenheimer issuing bounties on certain goose footed rocket armed quarterbacks...

Shannon Sharpe just had a brilliant take on the post game..."When he had it, did he do anything with it? They were like 25th in time of possesion anyway!!!" I'm glad at least someone isn't doing damage control on Peyton "I've never won a game that meant anything...aside from throwing all over the Chief's pop warner defense, and escaping with a win" Manning.

Jeez it feels good to hate.