The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   War, Religion and Politics Thread (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Obamas trying to hide economy in a freefall (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=115732)

cutthemdown 06-25-2014 06:36 AM

Obamas trying to hide economy in a freefall
 
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/06/25...s-shrinkage-2/

Hell 3% in one quarter lol. ****ing ridiculous. One more bad quarter and we are in a recession. Obama's recession, Obama's screwed up middle east, Obama's scandals at home with IRS and the VA.

Oh but it's all conservative propaganda right?

The U.S. economy shrank at 2.9 percent annual rate in in the first quarter, a far more alarming downward pace than announced in two previous government estimates, according to the Commerce Department.

Smiling Assassin27 06-25-2014 11:38 AM

Let's deflect the horrid economic contraction with more global warming lies and LGBT permissives. That's our president!

Good job to all those who voted for this guy (once or twice).

Rigs11 06-25-2014 11:43 AM

we should cut taxes and reduce regulations. right?Ha!

Rigs11 06-25-2014 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 (Post 4131878)
Let's deflect the horrid economic contraction with more global warming lies and LGBT permissives. That's our president!

Good job to all those who voted for this guy (once or twice).

don't worry, the GOP is helping by focusing on scandals and plans to sue the prez. that'll get the good ol economy going...

pricejj 06-25-2014 12:10 PM

Obama's GDP numbers would be much worse if he didn't change the way it was calculated. Imagine what it would be like without a zero interest rate policy for his entire presidency, while printing $1T every year?

cutthemdown 06-25-2014 12:16 PM

Obama does the same thing in every area of his presidency. He just let's things unfold without caring, if it works out he takes credit, if it doesn't he blames Bush. Too bad most things don't work out and he blames Bush.

W*GS 06-25-2014 12:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
How soon you right-wing nut jobs forget...

Smiling Assassin27 06-25-2014 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 4131892)
Obama does the same thing in every area of his presidency. He just let's things unfold without caring, if it works out he takes credit, if it doesn't he blames Bush. Too bad most things don't work out and he blames Bush.

or cold weather, or his appointees, or tea partiers, or returning military, or corporations, or the Washington culture, or Fox news, or the Chinese, or the Founding Fathers, or Congress, or America herself. Oh, and the one he's sure to use for the 3% contraction of the economy--Europe.


ETA: How could I forget that darn anti-Islam you tube movie? :hitself:

cutthemdown 06-25-2014 12:35 PM

The Bush economy had to deal with real problems like the housing prices plummeting and bailing out the banks. Those problems can't be all Bushes fault though because the roots were laid down before he got became President. He also dealt with a little thing called 9-11. Obama's problems are his own doing.

cutthemdown 06-25-2014 12:36 PM

Wait until the election and Hilliary drops the bomb Obama told her to say the video caused the attack. Hilliary refused and sent out a lackey to do it instead.

slick7 06-25-2014 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 4131911)
The Bush economy had to deal with real problems like the housing prices plummeting and bailing out the banks. Those problems can't be all Bushes fault though because the roots were laid down before he got became President. He also dealt with a little thing called 9-11. Obama's problems are his own doing.

Good grief.

cutthemdown 06-25-2014 12:43 PM

Oh yeah good grief! LOL you think things like a 9-11 don't hurt an economy? LOL don't blame a war but go ahead and blame a cold winter.

Holy cow it's like bizzaroland.

slick7 06-25-2014 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 4131919)
Oh yeah good grief! LOL you think things like a 9-11 don't hurt an economy? LOL don't blame a war but go ahead and blame a cold winter.

Holy cow it's like bizzaroland.

Whose fault was it that the housing market took a dump? ...and bailing out the banks, gee, how did that happen?

Rohirrim 06-25-2014 01:08 PM

Let's see, what would the Right Wing House allow this president to do to address economic issues...

Extend unemployment insurance?
Nope
Reinstall Glass/Steagle regulations of Wall Street and the Banksters?
Nope
Raise taxes?
Nope
Change some trade deals?
Nope
Overhaul health care?
Nope

In fact, since 2007 the Republicans have filibustered 500 bills, most of which were geared toward relieving economic pressure on the middle class.



Thanks! Obama! :rofl:

W*GS 06-25-2014 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 4131911)
The Bush economy had to deal with real problems like the housing prices plummeting and bailing out the banks. Those problems can't be all Bushes fault though because the roots were laid down before he got became President. He also dealt with a little thing called 9-11. Obama's problems are his own doing.

Those problems can't be all Obama's fault though because the roots were laid down before he got became President. [sic]

Why do you give Bush a pass but hold Obama responsible for everything that was ****ting the fan in Jan 2009?

9/11 had almost no impact on the national economy.

Rigs11 06-25-2014 01:36 PM

one only needs to look at the repub congress poll numbers:rofl:

Rigs11 06-25-2014 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W*GS (Post 4131934)
Those problems can't be all Obama's fault though because the roots were laid down before he got became President. [sic]

Why do you give Bush a pass but hold Obama responsible for everything that was ****ting the fan in Jan 2009?

9/11 had almost no impact on the national economy.

thanks Obama!

http://www.gq.com/news-politics/blog...20Chart635.jpg

bombay 06-25-2014 02:02 PM

Hopefully it doesn't hit bush levels, like '08. Worst economy since the depression.

Smiling Assassin27 06-25-2014 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 4131919)
Oh yeah good grief! LOL you think things like a 9-11 don't hurt an economy? LOL don't blame a war but go ahead and blame a cold winter.

Holy cow it's like bizzaroland.

Ted Cruz destroyed that excuse in one tweet:

Quote:

Senator Ted Cruz @SenTedCruz 7h
Q1 GDP fell 2.9%, Obama Admin blames winter. But 85 winter was also historically cold & Q1 GDP grew 4% http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/06/2...-steep-29.html #ReaganvObama

cutthemdown 06-25-2014 02:50 PM

Until our govt changes the foreign corp tax rate we are screwed. We need revenue from the overseas profits.

cutthemdown 06-25-2014 02:51 PM

Bush had the biggest attack on us soil since Pear Harbor, you know a real excuse for a bad economy.

Obama blames things like the cold and Bush lol.

Arkie 06-25-2014 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slick7 (Post 4131924)
Whose fault was it that the housing market took a dump? ...and bailing out the banks, gee, how did that happen?

More Democrats than Republicans voted for the bailouts.

DenverBrit 06-25-2014 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 4131971)
Bush had the biggest attack on us soil since Pear Harbor, you know a real excuse for a bad economy.

Obama blames things like the cold and Bush lol.

So you think the 2 unfunded wars had nothing to do with Bush??

Seriously, the partisan bull**** around here is knee deep.

Also your thread title is nonsense. There is no 'free fall,' though there's still a distance to go and HTF is Obama trying to hide the economic performance?? He can't.

Quote:

But economists said more recent unemployment, manufacturing and service sector data all pointed to a sharp turnaround in the second quarter.

Analysts have forecast the economy could bounce back by as much as 4% in the second quarter.

Stuart Hoffman, chief economist at PNC Financial, said: "We have ample evidence that the first quarter was just a temporary setback for the economy, and we are climbing out of the hole in the current quarter."

Mark Zandi, chief economist at Moody's Analytics, said: "We should have a much better second half this year and a much better 2015 than 2014."

Jason Furman, chairman of the Council of Economic Advisers, said: "The recovery from the great recession, however, remains incomplete, and the president will continue to do everything he can to support the recovery, either by acting through executive action or by working with Congress on steps that would boost growth and speed job creation."

Last week, the US Federal Reserve cut its growth forecast for 2014 because of the harsh winter weather.

The central bank is now predicting growth of between 2.1% and 2.3% for this year, down from its March forecast of 2.8% to 3%.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-28012760

cutthemdown 06-25-2014 04:01 PM

LOL Bush got attacked he had to go to war. He isn't a p***Y like Obama. Iraq was stable until Obama decided to waste all that taxpayer money by pulling out.

Bush had Katrina, 9-11, things that really impacted the economy.

W*GS 06-25-2014 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 4131999)
LOL Bush got attacked he had to go to war.

Against Iraq, which had nothing to do with 9/11.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown
He isn't a p***Y like Obama. Iraq was stable until Obama decided to waste all that taxpayer money by pulling out.

The stupid, it burns.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown
Bush had Katrina, 9-11, things that really impacted the economy.

Comments like yours show that the depths of dumb are reachable. Regularly by you.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.