The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   War, Religion and Politics Thread (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   But, but but...We ArE all the SAME! Differences are simply "skin deep".... (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=115698)

txtebow 06-19-2014 02:56 PM

But, but but...We ArE all the SAME! Differences are simply "skin deep"....
 
http://medicalxpress.com/news/2014-0...es-factor.html

Researchers have identified the first genetic variations linked to race that begin to explain a higher risk of death among some African American and Caucasian patients taking the anti-clotting drug clopidogrel (Plavix) after a heart attack.

These variants increased patients' risk of dying in the year following a first heart attack, but they appeared to do so for different reasons depending on race, according to a study at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis.

In particular, the team found that two DNA variants common in African Americans were associated with an increased risk of both bleeding and death. In Caucasians, a different variant was linked to additional heart attacks and a higher risk of death.

The research is published June 17 in the American Heart Association journal Circulation: Cardiovascular Genetics.

The variations influence the way people metabolize clopidogrel and can alter its effectiveness. The blood-thinning drug commonly is prescribed after a heart attack to reduce the likelihood of another heart attack or a stroke.

"The research is provocative," said the study's first author, cardiologist Sharon Cresci, MD, assistant professor of medicine and of genetics. "Knowing about potential genetic differences based on race can help physicians tailor drugs to patients based on their genetic makeup."

Clopidogrel is metabolized in the liver, where it is turned into its active form via a group of enzymes called cytochrome P450, or CYP for short. Although clopidogrel is effective in many patients, earlier studies determined that some people metabolize the drug better than others.

Indeed, in 2010, the Food and Drug Administration added a "black box" warning to labels of clopidogrel after research that primarily involved Caucasians showed that people with a particular CYP genetic variant metabolized the drug poorly, which reduced the amount of the drug circulating in the blood. These patients had a higher risk of heart attack and stroke.

Additional studies showed that other CYP gene variants are linked to the rapid metabolism of clopidogrel and that patients with those variants had a higher risk of bleeding.

But it has not been clear until now that the effects of these particular gene variations can vary by race in patients taking clopidogrel after a heart attack.

For the study, the researchers analyzed CYP variants among 2,062 Caucasians and 670 African Americans who suffered heart attacks. Nearly 80 percent of the Caucasians and 65 percent of the African Americans were prescribed clopidogrel. The patients were enrolled in a major study known as TRIUMPH (Translational Research Investigating Underlying disparities in acute Myocardial infarction Patients' Health) conducted from 2005 to 2008 at 24 U.S. hospitals, including Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis.

Among patients taking clopidogrel, the one-year mortality rate for African Americans was 7.2 percent, compared with 3.6 percent for Caucasians.

Caucasians who carried the CYP2C19*2 variant, which has been linked to poor metabolism of the drug, had a higher rate of repeat heart attacks and death. The higher rate of heart attacks is consistent with the slower metabolism of clopidogrel.

However, among African Americans treated with clopidogrel, the CYP2C19*2 variant was not associated with a higher rate of death.

Rather, African Americans had higher rates of bleeding and death if they carried either of two other variants: CYP1A2*1C or CYP2C19*17, the latter of which has been associated with the rapid metabolism of clopidogrel. Among Caucasians on clopidogrel, neither variant increased the risk of death

pricejj 06-19-2014 03:02 PM

Seriously? Who cares.

I've seen a lot of your stuff on here, and it reeks of racism. Yes, people have minor differences. No big deal.

You believe in god right? Does 'All men are created equal' mean anything to you? Does it mean were the same? No. However, if you believe in god, we are all created equally.

Attempting to highlight minor differences between races is not going to get you, or anybody else, anywhere.

pricejj 06-19-2014 03:04 PM

Men and women aren't the same, but we are equal.

What's next, more threads depicting the major differences between men and women?

Arkie 06-19-2014 05:35 PM

A two-liter bottle of Diet Coke just after Mentos were dropped into it

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...oke_Mentos.jpg

txtebow 06-19-2014 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pricejj (Post 4129556)
Seriously? Who cares.

I've seen a lot of your stuff on here, and it reeks of racism. Yes, people have minor differences. No big deal.

You believe in god right? Does 'All men are created equal' mean anything to you? Does it mean were the same? No. However, if you believe in god, we are all created equally.

Attempting to highlight minor differences between races is not going to get you, or anybody else, anywhere.


Equality of opportunity isn't the same as equality of OUTCOMES. When you hear this current governing party talk about disparate impact and incarceration rate disparities,wealth disparities etc, they aren't speaking to equality of opportunity. They are speaking to equality of outcomes. And for the same reason that our favorite football team is 78% black, our wealth disparity in this country also is unequal. You're simply naive to not address the obvious that plays out everyday.

bowtown 06-19-2014 08:01 PM

txtebow logic:

Black people metabolize a man-made synthetic differently, therefore more black people are poor.

pricejj 06-19-2014 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txtebow (Post 4129649)
Equality of opportunity isn't the same as equality of OUTCOMES. When you hear this current governing party talk about disparate impact and incarceration rate disparities,wealth disparities etc, they aren't speaking to equality of opportunity. They are speaking to equality of outcomes. And for the same reason that our favorite football team is 78% black, our wealth disparity in this country also is unequal. You're simply naive to not address the obvious that plays out everyday.

Wealth disparity has nothing to do with the fact that all people are created equal. Like I said already, if you believe in god, or the US Constitution you would already know that.

Just because the current administration race baits doesn't make it right. Don't fall into their trap. They want people to be divided. It makes us easy to conquer. That's how special interests get them elected.

Wage equality is a complete joke. Different jobs require different skills. Some skills are worth more on the free market than others. That doesn't have anything to do with equal rights.


Like Bernie Mac said, 'Black people and white people are the same, but we're different".

Rascal 06-19-2014 08:13 PM

wow....welcome to my ignore list

bowtown 06-19-2014 08:18 PM

This just in: black people have genes that cause their skin to be darker, hence they are all uppity.

Arkie 06-19-2014 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txtebow (Post 4129649)
And for the same reason that our favorite football team is 78% black, our wealth disparity in this country also is unequal.

And for the same reason that our wealth disparity is unequal, our beverage differences are also inconsistent in their similarities.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...3294%2B%2B.JPG

txtebow 06-21-2014 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkie (Post 4129719)
And for the same reason that our wealth disparity is unequal, our beverage differences are also inconsistent in their similarities.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...3294%2B%2B.JPG

For the same reason why all dogs are considered Canines, yet some are considered DANGEROUS and not allowed within certain municipalities.

txtebow 06-21-2014 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowtown (Post 4129656)
txtebow logic:

Black people metabolize a man-made synthetic differently, therefore more black people are poor.


For largely the same reason that these GENETICS play a role in the ABILITY OF SOME TO METABOLIZE A MEDICATION INTO AN ACTIVE OR INACTIVE METABOLITE, (or to run fast, or jump high) GENETICS also play a role in the ability to function within our WESTERN society ---and as evidenced by criminality, educational scores, joblessness etc. some peoples GENETICS are better than others at THAT as well. You nave twit.

DenverBrit 06-21-2014 07:47 AM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/81bb87b6e...h4t2o1_400.gif

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lncj28Yv7l1qclt3z.gif

txtebow 06-21-2014 01:49 PM

Morgan freeman is correct.

http://breakingbrown.com/2014/06/mor...me-inequality/

"Why would race have anything to do with it? he continued, Put your mind to what you want to do and go for that. Its kind of like religion to me, its a good excuse for not getting there.

txtebow 06-21-2014 01:52 PM

I'm not expressing "racism"..I'm expressing facts of SCIENCE.

You ****ing C O W A R D

DenverBrit 06-21-2014 02:11 PM

Oh, science. Hilarious!

http://funnypicturesplus.com/wp-cont...for-blacks.jpg

pricejj 06-21-2014 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txtebow (Post 4130035)
GENETICS also play a role in the ability to function within our WESTERN society ---and as evidenced by criminality, educational scores, joblessness etc. some peoples GENETICS are better than others at THAT as well. You nave twit.

Completely false. The only necessary ingredient for intellect, freedom, prosperity, and innovation ... is individual human rights, competition, and the drive to succeed.

Welfare creates massive destruction of the human spirit and civilization. If you make people dependent on handouts, you make them lazy. This could happen to anybody, no matter the color of skin, and does. White or black doesn't matter.

Many families move to the US from all over the world (including Africa). Their children become, engineers, doctors, and ambassadors. The drive to succeed comes solely from within yourself.

txtebow 06-21-2014 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pricejj (Post 4130157)
Completely false. The only necessary ingredient for intellect, freedom, prosperity, and innovation ... is individual human rights, competition, and the drive to succeed.

Welfare creates massive destruction of the human spirit and civilization. If you make people dependent on handouts, you make them lazy. This could happen to anybody, no matter the color of skin, and does. White or black doesn't matter.

Many families move to the US from all over the world (including Africa). Their children become, engineers, doctors, and ambassadors. The drive to succeed comes solely from within yourself.

And a white guy won the NBA slam dunk contest. ONCE. EDUCATE YOURSELF and stop believing in the gospel of political correctness. START HERE:
http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/int...nherit-an-edge

txtebow 06-21-2014 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverBrit (Post 4130155)

First of all, for the umpteenth time, acknowledging inherent difference among races isn't " racist". Secondly and most concerning is your assertion that someone who is actually racist is commiting a CRIME. Get the F out of America.

DenverBrit 06-21-2014 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txtebow (Post 4130215)
First of all, for the umpteenth time, acknowledging inherent difference among races isn't " racist". Secondly and most concerning is your assertion that someone who is actually racist is commiting a CRIME. Get the F out of America.

Psst, 'racism', not quite the same as being an asshat, racist POS. :flower:

Maybe you can plead insanity. I'm sure it would work for you. :thumbsup:

Is Racism an Illness?
Some psychiatrists believe that racism is a mental disorder

http://ideas.time.com/2012/05/04/is-racism-an-illness/

txtebow 06-21-2014 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverBrit (Post 4130219)
Psst, 'racism', not quite the same as being an asshat, racist POS. :flower:

Maybe you can plead insanity. I'm sure it would work for you. :thumbsup:

Is Racism an Illness?
Some psychiatrists believe that racism is a mental disorder

http://ideas.time.com/2012/05/04/is-racism-an-illness/

Commie

DenverBrit 06-21-2014 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txtebow (Post 4130245)
Commie

http://foodcourtlunch.com/wp-content.../communist.gif

pricejj 06-21-2014 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txtebow (Post 4130214)
And a white guy won the NBA slam dunk contest. ONCE. EDUCATE YOURSELF and stop believing in the gospel of political correctness. START HERE:
http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/int...nherit-an-edge

I'm an engineer. I've known plant of people from all races in my field. My wife's family is from Sudan and she is successful and getting along fine in the US. Our soon is at the too of his class in the 2nd grade. Sure, intelligence is somewhat genetic, but has nothing to do with color of skin.

All the black engineers I know, would laugh in your face. So would every other engineer I know regardless of race.

Arkie 06-21-2014 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverBrit (Post 4130219)
Is Racism an Illness?
Some psychiatrists believe that racism is a mental disorder

http://ideas.time.com/2012/05/04/is-racism-an-illness/

That explains txtebow's obsession. Maybe he needs to up his meds.

pricejj 06-21-2014 09:30 PM

If txtebow lived in other times in history:

1. 2500 B.C. - Egyptians and Nubians would have laughed at txtebow's tribe of cavemen vandals in Europe.
-
2. 1000 A.D. - The Muslim empire stretching across the Middle East, Africa, and Southern Europe, is the cradle of knowledge, inventing modern day mathematics including algebra, and naming most of the stars that you can see from earth. Txtebow's family finally trades in their fur loincloth's for chainmail loincloth's, still stuck in the middle of the dark ages.

3. 1776 A.D. - The Founding Father's create the U.S. Constitution, recognizing unalienable individual rights and establishing property rights. In the meantime, European conquest and slavery plunge Africa into perpetual warring among tribes which continues to this day. Txtebow's family figures out how to escape persecution in Europe and migrates to the U.S. eventually, with a promise of freedom, and with it prosperity.

4. 1968 A.D. - Finally able to vote in 1968 after centuries of slavery and persecution in the African-American's may begin to start to establish some semblance of normalcy. Txtebow's parents smoke dope and join a hippie commune.

5. 2014 A.D. - America has it's first black President, finally setting the record straight after the Founding Father's mistake of defining everybody except white's as 3/5ths a human-being. Finally America can move on from the issue of race. Txtebow, growing up in an era of widespread welfare, alcoholism, and crack cocaine, while basking in the prosperity that the U.S. Constitution has enabled Americans (of all colors) to achieve, imagines himself intellectually superior to other races, completely disregarding the last 7,000 years of recorded human history.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.