The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   War, Religion and Politics Thread (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Cantor loses primary (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=115659)

elsid13 06-10-2014 05:48 PM

Cantor loses primary

Wow. Never saw this coming.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/house-ma...-election-bid/

all over immigration

Guess Who 06-10-2014 05:53 PM

Wow, I know they were saying it was hotly contested...lol... Well, it is the most conservative district in Virginia so it looks like he is going to Washington.

elsid13 06-10-2014 06:04 PM

The new wackjob will be going to Washington and fallout is going to be big.

Meck77 06-10-2014 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elsid13 (Post 4124711)
The new wackjob will be going to Washington and fallout is going to be big.

What makes him a wack job?

He doesn't support obama care. Many people don't. He says he won't raise taxes in his state and won't vote to increase the debt limit. Sounds like a reasonable platform.

Doesn't support amnesty for illegals. Also a very popular stance in America.

Fedaykin 06-10-2014 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meck77 (Post 4124745)

He doesn't like obama care. Many people don't. He says he won't raise taxes in his state and won't vote to increase the debt limit. Sounds like a reasonable platform.

There is nothing reasonable about saying you'll vote to destroy the economy.

BroncoBeavis 06-10-2014 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fedaykin (Post 4124750)

Quote:

Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that ‘‘the buck stops here.’’ Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.
I therefore intend to oppose the effort to increase America’s debt limit.
LOL

Fedaykin 06-10-2014 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis (Post 4124814)
LOL

I knew some idiot would bring that up as if it meant a damn thing. Congratulations on being the quickest idjit.

W*GS 06-10-2014 08:28 PM

Funny how the right is so deeply concerned about burdening future generations of Americans with debt (never mind it's a funny money concept anyway[*]) but has no hesitation in burdening future generations of humans worldwide with a damaged planet, and that's quite real.
[*] - Imagine if every bit and byte recording financial information worldwide was erased. Does my house suddenly become valueless? Nope.

BroncoLifer 06-10-2014 10:16 PM

One less establishment, ***hole RINO and one more actual conservative in the House = a good night.

Guess Who 06-10-2014 10:17 PM

Quote:

He doesn't support obama care. Many people don't. He says he won't raise taxes in his state and won't vote to increase the debt limit. Sounds like a reasonable platform.

Do you realize how stupid this is?

Raising the debt limit is PAYING BILLS you already incured. These are the bills the Republicans have in the budget they already passed!! If you want to slash the budget well do your best but don't pass a budget and then refuse to pay the bills when they come due. In what area of life is this acceptable? Only in Tea Party D.C. do they think not paying the bills is a good idea.

pricejj 06-10-2014 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoLifer (Post 4124899)
One less establishment, ***hole RINO and one more actual conservative in the House = a good night.

+1

Bingo

Taco John 06-10-2014 10:31 PM

Quote:

Did you vote for this guy:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ydZTHPkOnvE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

'The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government can not pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that "the buck stops here." Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.' -Barack Obama

elsid13 06-11-2014 02:27 AM

Quote:

Because he spent most of victory speech talking about how Jesus had won him the election and that God had special plan for him.

elsid13 06-11-2014 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoLifer (Post 4124899)

Cantor was one of the most conservative representative in Congress in the last decade. He was a "tea partyer" before that fraction even existed. I guess the Fox News spins was he wasn't a conservative enough now.

Arkie 06-11-2014 03:25 AM

Quote:

What purpose does the debt limit serve?

BroncoBeavis 06-11-2014 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fedaykin (Post 4124827)
I knew some idiot would bring that up as if it meant a damn thing. Congratulations on being the quickest idjit.

Amazing how the same words can make one guy a kook but your Prom King a hero.

Such a good cheerleader. I'm sure he really appreciates it. LOL

peacepipe 06-11-2014 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkie (Post 4124945)
What purpose does the debt limit serve?

Agree with you completely. The debt ceiling should be abolished.

Pony Boy 06-11-2014 06:21 AM

What this really means is immigration reform is dead in the water.

I wish the Democrats had the balls to vote out Reid and Pelosi

peacepipe 06-11-2014 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pony Boy (Post 4124964)
What this really means is immigration reform is dead in the water.

I wish the Democrats had the balls to vote out Reid and Pelosi

Why would we do that? Pelosi is a great leader in the house. HoR actually did it's job when she was majority leader. Reid,only if there was a better choice.

Pony Boy 06-11-2014 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peacepipe (Post 4124970)
Why would we do that? Pelosi is a great leader in the house.

“But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it"
........ yes she' awesome......LOL

Rohirrim 06-11-2014 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elsid13 (Post 4124944)
Cantor was one of the most conservative representative in Congress in the last decade. He was a "tea partyer" before that fraction even existed. I guess the Fox News spins was he wasn't a conservative enough now.

Conservative? I don't think that word means what they think it means. ;D

Guess Who 06-11-2014 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peacepipe (Post 4124970)
Why would we do that? Pelosi is a great leader in the house. HoR actually did it's job when she was majority leader. Reid,only if there was a better choice.

I agree, Pelosi does a great job getting the Dems in line. Boehner could learn a thing or two from her.

Smiling Assassin27 06-11-2014 08:11 AM

If the Tea Party runs competent candidates, and not morons like Sharon Angle, Christine O'Donnell, et al, they can be competitive because the message resonates, no matter what the moronic media or wishful thinking Demorats want you to believe.

It's got a grass roots nature, so its growth will be both organic and uneven, which will prompt many fools to say 'the TP is dead', only to have it bite them in the arse like last night. I'm not a TP member (or Repub, for that matter), but feel that candidates like Brat, Ron Johnson, and Tom Coburn are as close to a common sense legislator that exists right now.

Cantor was exposed as a wolf in sheep's clothing and guys like Boehner exposed themselves by weeping for his demise. The Republican civil war is far from over but the question remains as to whether it will remain stagnant or embark on a totally different tack.

Guess Who 06-11-2014 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 (Post 4124993)
If the Tea Party runs competent candidates, and not morons like Sharon Angle, Christine O'Donnell, et al, they can be competitive because the message resonates, no matter what the moronic media or wishful thinking Demorats want you to believe.

It's got a grass roots nature, so its growth will be both organic and uneven, which will prompt many fools to say 'the TP is dead', only to have it bite them in the arse like last night. I'm not a TP member (or Repub, for that matter), but feel that candidates like Brat, Ron Johnson, and Tom Coburn are as close to a common sense legislator that exists right now.

Cantor was exposed as a wolf in sheep's clothing and guys like Boehner exposed themselves by weeping for his demise. The Republican civil war is far from over but the question remains as to whether it will remain stagnant or embark on a totally different tack.

Don't delude yourself, they won because it was a Primary and only 56,000 of the 800,000 people in the district voted.

pricejj 06-11-2014 08:27 AM

Individual rights, limited government, freedom, and prosperity do not come from a 'party'. They are ideals on which the US was founded, creating the greatest nation in the history of mankind.