The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Horses Butt (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Stuff Not Important Enough To Get It's Own Thread (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=115545)

bombay 05-22-2014 07:34 PM

Stuff Not Important Enough To Get It's Own Thread

I'll start.

Hochuli, Jr, who was a slightly below average PAC XII official last season, has made the leap to the nfl. Nepotism sucks.

Mogulseeker 05-22-2014 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombay (Post 4116107)
I'll start.

Hochuli, Jr, who was a slightly below average PAC XII official last season, has made the leap to the nfl. Nepotism sucks.

Except when it's Hochuli. We love Hochuli.

bombay 05-22-2014 08:05 PM

Only 'cause of that one time..

TNF 05-22-2014 08:47 PM

<table class="tablebg" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="row1"><td class="profile" style="width:10px" valign="top">
</td><td valign="top"> <table cellspacing="5" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td> http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/spor...205975501.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vashone_Adams

LOL.

The first video is Vashone Adams, former NFL player. When he was a student at GW, he worked at HM Woods, and I was his boss, as well as playing league basketball with him. The guy could jump out of the gym, but I was a better basketball player, and in all my decades of retail management and hundreds of employees, he was the All-Time laziest person I've ever known. The idea of him playing for Ditka cracks me up. His biggest professional moment came when he played for the Saints and sacked Elway in a game at Mile-High. The next day, the front page picture was of Elway on the ground looking up at a Mutombo finger-wave from Adams. Vashone's work history was similar to Skita's. I remember ONE DAY when he actually worked. Every other day he did absolutely nothing.

Anyone here remember Vashone?
</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

Jason in LA 05-22-2014 09:19 PM

Quote:

Nepotism sucks.

Well I'm about to go on a really long rant about nepotism. Cronyism too!

I was working for this weekly paper as a staff writer/photographer and then I was promoted to be the sports editor. Worked there for five years. Small company, about 20 people in the office. There was the inner circle and the outer circle. The inner circle was upper management, and they were all either family members or long time friends of the owner. The outer circle was everybody else. Everybody on the outer circle worked hard and did a pretty good job for the most part. If you want to keep your job you tend to do those things. Everybody in the inner circle must not have had any worries about being fired, because they produced some really crap. It was crazy how horrible these folks were at their jobs, and it wasn't a big deal. The owner wasn't about to fire or demote family members.

Now I have no problem with an owner giving his family members and friends jobs, but if your son is a moron who has a drinking a drug problem, don't name him the CEO of the company. The guy was horrible. Give him some lower level job that doesn't affect anything, and something that he's actually qualified to do.

So I'm the sports editor and I'm doing a great job. Just about every other section sucked. Seemed like only one other editor cared about the work, so her section was pretty good too. Everybody else was just going through the motions. They didn't really care if their section was good or not. Well the entertainment editor, who was also a complete moron, was the nephew of the owner. If he weren't family, he should have been fired a long time ago for crappy work. At a weekly paper, if you're the editor of a section, you're really the lead writer because it's a small staff and you really don't have anybody under you. He just copy and pasted AP stories and compiled other BS and sent it to production. Took him maybe an hour every week to finish his section, where I wrote the bulk of my section. Meaning I had to actually go out and cover stuff. When he did actually write something, it was horrible. Not just the typos, it just didn't make any sense. Well anyways, he gets promoted to assistant managing editor, and word was that he was being groomed to be the managing editor. I'm thinking, groomed by who, because the managing editor at the time was also a moron, which was one of many reasons why the paper was so bad. He was really just a yes man for the owner of the paper.

So the managing editor had a stroke, and the nephew pretty much slid into the position. Six months later I was out because of the drama that the guy was creating. If they had based it on the quality of work, I would have become the managing editor, because my stuff was good, and I was on the grind. While the nephew was in his car getting high all the time, working on his rap career. He sucked at that too, and he got out of the business after he got his ass beat a few times. I never saw him perform, but he had a youtube video that was just awful.

So I take a part time job at another weekly paper (I also got hired on by one of the major sports networks to work on their website, so I'm really not worried about the job at the weekly paper). So I get to this newspaper, and I was hired because they needed some extra help. So come to find out, the managing editor is the niece of the owner, and she had just got the position because the managing editor before her had a stroke. Like really?!?! WTF?!?! So that paper really isn't any good either because this managing editor sucks too. She wasn't trained for the position, and she really doesn't know how to produce good content, just like the managing editor at the other paper.

So I have decided that I am tired of working for bootleg, low quality newspapers! So I'm in the process of starting my own bootleg, but high quality newspaper! And I'm not hiring my son! Or any family members!

Drunken.Broncoholic2 05-22-2014 09:24 PM

Tupacs last words were **** you

Kaylore 05-22-2014 09:27 PM

That show, Vikings, is pretty lame.

mennonite 05-22-2014 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 (Post 4116152)
Tupacs last words were **** you

Just one more of the many things he had in common with Mother Teresa Of Calcutta.

StugotsIII 05-22-2014 09:34 PM

Jenny gave Forrest Gump AID's.

broncswin 05-22-2014 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StugotsIII (Post 4116160)
Jenny gave Forrest Gump AID's.

Ooohhhhh that
B
I
T
C
H

broncswin 05-22-2014 09:38 PM

TJ Ward got arrested and PFM is a drug dealer

ZONA 05-22-2014 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 4116155)
That show, Vikings, is pretty lame.

How dare you. You're just GOT's slut, hahaha. It's your duty to bad mouth any other similar series.

Kaylore 05-23-2014 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZONA (Post 4116167)
How dare you. You're just GOT's slut, hahaha. It's your duty to bad mouth any other similar series.

I finished season 1 and I can't stand it. None of the characters are interesting. NONE.

ZONA 05-23-2014 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 4116198)
I finished season 1 and I can't stand it. None of the characters are interesting. NONE.

You have no inner Viking. Sad.

spdirty 05-23-2014 03:04 AM

If PFM doesn't act a foo in da club he's not a true Bronco.

spdirty 05-23-2014 03:07 AM

Quote:

I'll start.

His old man also reffed Super Bowl 32. So even though he made some stupid ass calls in that game he's ok in my book. Today he'd probably have a seizure over the Atwater hit.

Dr. Broncenstein 05-23-2014 06:01 AM

I have a chicken that has survived 3 separate mauling attacks by one of my dogs. One thought I have is to just shoot the problem dog. The other thought is to shoot the chicken, because I'm concerned it just might be a zombie.

Pony Boy 05-23-2014 06:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

I'll start.

Nepotism sucks.

WTF .......NFL means Nepotism Football League

Pony Boy 05-23-2014 06:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein (Post 4116217)
I have a chicken that has survived 3 separate mauling attacks by one of my dogs. One thought I have is to just shoot the problem dog. The other thought is to shoot the chicken, because I'm concerned it just might be a zombie.

Lace the chicken up with cock fighting blades .......... problem solved

Dos Rios 05-23-2014 06:24 AM

Quote:

Chicken named Mike?

http://www.miketheheadlesschicken.org/

Kaylore 05-23-2014 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZONA (Post 4116203)
You have no inner Viking. Sad.

Inner Viking must mean bland and uninteresting person who whispers a lot and does things for shock value.

Beantown Bronco 05-23-2014 07:24 AM

Quote:

Zombie or cannibal?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/sf-NRQvu1HY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bombay 05-23-2014 08:44 AM

Markie Post.

hades 05-23-2014 09:34 AM

Quote:

Fatten 'em both up for Thanksgiving and make and make a Dr Broncenstien version of turducken with them.

Oh yeah, that show on NBC, Crisis... sucks. No wonder it didn't get extended for next season.

Dr. Broncenstein 05-23-2014 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hades (Post 4116288)
Fatten 'em both up for Thanksgiving and make and make a Dr Broncenstien version of turducken with them.

Oh yeah, that show on NBC, Crisis... sucks. No wonder it didn't get extended for next season.

I'm not going to lie. I have become attached to my dumbass chickens and no longer eat chicken. Bought them to eat the bugs around my house (especially scorpions). They are great at that. Not so great at avoiding one of my dogs. Hopefully they will start laying eggs soon. No mercy on chicken eggs.