The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   War, Religion and Politics Thread (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   "White Privilege"--very well stated Young man! (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=115335)

txtebow 05-03-2014 08:28 AM

"White Privilege"--very well stated Young man!

https://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-livi...182554683.html

"I do condemn them for diminishing everything I have personally accomplished, all the hard work I have done in my life, and for ascribing all the fruit I reap not to the seeds I sow but to some invisible patron saint of white maleness who places it out for me before I even arrive."

Tombstone RJ 05-03-2014 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txtebow (Post 4101710)
https://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-livi...182554683.html

"I do condemn them for diminishing everything I have personally accomplished, all the hard work I have done in my life, and for ascribing all the fruit I reap not to the seeds I sow but to some invisible patron saint of white maleness who places it out for me before I even arrive."

LOL, read the article and then you see the liberal left's answer, it's literally this: Fortgang is uneducated.

That's it, that is all the critics are saying. Fortgang just doesn't understand.:D

See, I told everyone here that when someone disagrees with the left they will resort to saying you are uneducated. So predictable. So sad.

TonyR 05-03-2014 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 4101740)
See, I told everyone here that when someone disagrees with the left they will resort to saying you are uneducated. So predictable. So sad.

NOWHERE do any of the "liberal" responses state, or even imply, that Fortgang is "uneducated". NOWHERE. If they do, please quote where they do so. The truth is that the responses are very respectful For example:

“It’s the wrong thing to demonize this gentleman, though. [His essay] just reveals how much work there is to be done.”

So, the only thing predictable and sad here is you. You can't counter the arguments, so you make sh*t up. Predictable and sad.

txtebow 05-03-2014 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyR (Post 4101776)
NOWHERE do any of the "liberal" responses state, or even imply, that Fortgang is "uneducated". NOWHERE. If they do, please quote where they do so. The truth is that the responses are very respectful For example:

“It’s the wrong thing to demonize this gentleman, though. [His essay] just reveals how much work there is to be done.”

So, the only thing predictable and sad here is you. You can't counter the arguments, so you make sh*t up. Predictable and sad.

No, what's sad (and pathetic) is how so many wet behind the ears WHITE PEOPLE so readily accept the notion of "WHITE PRIVILEGE" as being a legitimate MODERN factor for success in America TODAY. WEALTHY PRIVILEGE absolutely exists; but to those who are born poor or middle class, white and male, there is ZERO advantage and in fact, it can be argued that it's a disadvantage when competing with minorities for admission to colleges and within the workforce while trying to work one's way up from middle class to the top tax bracket in 'Merica today....

baja 05-03-2014 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txtebow (Post 4101840)
No, what's sad (and pathetic) is how so many wet behind the ears WHITE PEOPLE so readily accept the notion of "WHITE PRIVILEGE" as being a legitimate MODERN factor for success in America TODAY. WEALTHY PRIVILEGE absolutely exists; but to those who are born poor or middle class, white and male, there is ZERO advantage and in fact, it can be argued that it's a disadvantage when competing with minorities for admission to colleges and within the workforce while trying to work one's way up from middle class to the top tax bracket in 'Merica today....

That's probably true and has been for a couple of generations now. Why do you keep posting about it?

DenverBrit 05-03-2014 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja (Post 4101846)
That's probably true and has been for a couple of generations now. Why do you keep posting about it?

http://perfumesdemoda.org/wp-content...in-Klein-4.jpg

txtebow 05-03-2014 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja (Post 4101846)

Because that phrase is getting more and more main stream media coverage; it's a creation from the fringe of the left wing; it's divisive, demeaning and anyone who chooses to use that term should be regarded as racist.

The fact that the yahoo article linked in post 1 displayed a " counter point" to the gentleman who refuted the whole notion of " white privilege" shows where the MSM 's leanings truly are...

baja 05-03-2014 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txtebow (Post 4101926)
Because that phrase is getting more and more main stream media coverage; it's a creation from the fringe of the left wing; it's divisive, demeaning and anyone who chooses to use that term should be regarded as racist.

You should watch this;

http://www.snagfilms.com/films/title/generation_zero

I think you will find it very interesting. Let me know if you liked it.

baja 05-03-2014 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txtebow (Post 4101926)

The fact that the yahoo article linked in post 1 displayed a " counter point" to the gentleman who refuted the whole notion of " white privilege" shows where the MSM 's leanings truly are...

So, you are pointing out modern day white man's propensity to self loathing and a misplaced guilt over treatment of blacks by previous generations. Embracing the Political Correct dictate "I am white therefore I am unworthy" sweeping the socal fabric? Ya I see that happening as well.

It is why PC is such a powerful tool in the hands of the belief controllers . Big Problem for society to work through, no doubt!

txtebow 05-03-2014 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja (Post 4101928)
You should watch this;

http://www.snagfilms.com/films/title/generation_zero

I think you will find it very interesting. Let me know if you liked it.

You're likely some late 50s early 60ish bachelor whose legacy will come to an end with your last breath. For those of us who have children, the changing political and social dynamics in the USA are of the upmost importance particularly since the pendulum has swung from equality of opportunity to equality of outcomes. I don't expect you to understand.

baja 05-03-2014 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txtebow (Post 4101933)
You're likely some late 50s early 60ish bachelor whose legacy will come to an end with your last breath. For those of us who have children, the changing political and social dynamics in the USA are of the upmost importance particularly since the pendulum has swung from equality of opportunity to equality of outcomes. I don't expect you to understand.

Dude watch the film I get what you are saying that's why I posted the link.

It's a little off topic but it lays out and interesting generational cycle.

Guess what generation is generation zero? My generation, baby boomers / rebels of the 60's / yuppies of the 80 & 90's / Greedy fat cats of today. That's who broke the game. The film does not have a solution that is realistic but it damn well lays out how we got to today financially. That's the part worth watching.

And you're wrong about me not caring. I live vey lightly on the earth.

TonyR 05-04-2014 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txtebow (Post 4101840)
WEALTHY PRIVILEGE absolutely exists; but to those who are born poor or middle class, white and male, there is ZERO advantage and in fact, it can be argued that it's a disadvantage when competing with minorities for admission to colleges and within the workforce while trying to work one's way up from middle class to the top tax bracket in 'Merica today....

To an extent I agree with this. But, who has most of the wealth that fuels this ongoing and growing "wealthy privilege"?

Tombstone RJ 05-04-2014 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyR (Post 4101776)

Others, though, were not as impressed. Some tweets noted that the student did not seem to understand the concept of privilege. In an opinion piece published in the Columbia Spectator, of Columbia University, students Dunni Oduyemi and Parul Guliani wrote that Fortgang’s piece inspired a “collective Eye roll.” They continue, “We decided that we had to respond to this op-ed, which completely misses the point and grossly misinterprets the meaning of privilege and the way it functions.” In addition, they note, “Recognizing the fact that white men benefit from the kinds of racist and sexist structures on which American society is built isn’t meant to diminish his accomplishments. It’s meant to remind us that white men don’t have an inherent predilection for success — the odds have just been stacked in their favor.”

It's pretty simple, they are saying Fortgang simply doesn't know what they are talking about which means he is uneducated in his opinion. I disagree, I think Fortgang is smart enough, and educated enough to know exactly their point, Fortgang is simply calling it BS. So, Fortgang disagrees with them, nothing more.

txtebow 05-04-2014 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyR (Post 4102124)
To an extent I agree with this. But, who has most of the wealth that fuels this ongoing and growing "wealthy privilege"?

A tiny % of the general population who claim European ancestry in the United States.

And the remedy as currently proposed by leftists like you? Creating artificial OUTCOMES for non whites. Our culture has evolved from " equal opportunity" ( which I 110% support) to mandating artificial outcomes based upon race. ( NYC fire fighters are a great example-- can't pass a written exam to the same extent as white applicants?? NO PROBLEM! Here's a badge AND BACK PAY for " discrimination". )

Going forward, I am all for aid and opportunity in college placement and for business contracts and loans for those academically qualified applicants who come from families making $60,000 or less annually. That is a fair and equitable way to potentiate the rebirth of the American dream. Race absolutely should not be a factor for consideration.

txtebow 05-04-2014 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 4102156)
Others, though, were not as impressed. Some tweets noted that the student did not seem to understand the concept of privilege. In an opinion piece published in the Columbia Spectator, of Columbia University, students Dunni Oduyemi and Parul Guliani wrote that Fortgang’s piece inspired a “collective Eye roll.” They continue, “We decided that we had to respond to this op-ed, which completely misses the point and grossly misinterprets the meaning of privilege and the way it functions.” In addition, they note, “Recognizing the fact that white men benefit from the kinds of racist and sexist structures on which American society is built isn’t meant to diminish his accomplishments. It’s meant to remind us that white men don’t have an inherent predilection for success — the odds have just been stacked in their favor.”

It's pretty simple, they are saying Fortgang simply doesn't know what they are talking about which means he is uneducated in his opinion. I disagree, I think Fortgang is smart enough, and educated enough to know exactly their point, Fortgang is simply calling it BS. So, Fortgang disagrees with them, nothing more.

Exactly.

TonyR 05-04-2014 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txtebow (Post 4102257)
And the remedy as currently proposed by leftists like you? ...

I don't propose any such remedies. Do you have evidence to the contrary?

txtebow 05-04-2014 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyR (Post 4102309)
I don't propose any such remedies. Do you have evidence to the contrary?

Almost every single time I make a post in WRP forum you take an antagonistic position. Why would I assume that your position ( being against racial preferences and set asides and against the foolish notion of " white privilege" ) would be the same as mine on this occasion?

Arkie 05-05-2014 04:26 AM

txtebow's thin skin couldn't handle the world without white privilege. Let’s say that txtebow forgot to pack his shampoo for a business trip. When he gets to the hotel, he sees that the complimentary shampoo is not the standard Suave product to which he's accustomed but rather Pink Oil Lotion for African American hair. He would think to himself: "Those black folks...This is so unfair!", and then he would come to the Orange Mane and start a thread about it.

txtebow 05-05-2014 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkie (Post 4102515)
txtebow's thin skin couldn't handle the world without white privilege. Let’s say that txtebow forgot to pack his shampoo for a business trip. When he gets to the hotel, he sees that the complimentary shampoo is not the standard Suave product to which he's accustomed but rather Pink Oil Lotion for African American hair. He would think to himself: "Those black folks...This is so unfair!", and then he would come to the Orange Mane and start a thread about it.

If I was traveling abroad in a country that was 60% plus Black, I'd fully expect the hotel to cater to the MAJORITY. What a pathetic attempt to add to this discussion. Continue on with your self flagellation sheep.

Arkie 05-05-2014 06:30 AM

White privilege is not racism. The unintended perks and advantages are reality.

txtebow 05-05-2014 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkie (Post 4102533)

The belief in "white privilege" is the very essence of racism. You are a shameful human being.

Irish Stout 05-05-2014 09:35 AM

The last two paragraphs of that article are some of the most enlightening. They go on to explain exactly how white privilege has its roots in our society. That prior to 1952, if you weren't white, you could not be a naturalized citizen of this country. Its also noted in there how terms like "check your privilege" and other pithy statements do not help to overcome this notion of privilege, but rather breed hostility.

Bottom line is that both Fortgang and Battalora are right. Currently in this country you do have an opportunity to rise up from whatever your station or pigmentation is. As long as we keep pushing for individual equal rights we can only hope that such issues as these can drop into the historical background.

Arkie 05-05-2014 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txtebow (Post 4102597)
The belief in "white privilege" is the very essence of racism. You are a shameful human being.

You're not very bright. You said it yourself. Catering to the majority is a majority privilege. LOL

txtebow 05-05-2014 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irish Stout (Post 4102616)
The last two paragraphs of that article are some of the most enlightening. They go on to explain exactly how white privilege has its roots in our society. That prior to 1952, if you weren't white, you could not be a naturalized citizen of this country. Its also noted in there how terms like "check your privilege" and other pithy statements do not help to overcome this notion of privilege, but rather breed hostility.

Bottom line is that both Fortgang and Battalora are right. Currently in this country you do have an opportunity to rise up from whatever your station or pigmentation is. As long as we keep pushing for individual equal rights we can only hope that such issues as these can drop into the historical background.

I don't think that too great a percentage of our population has any issue with " equal rights" ( opportunity). The problem is that "white privilege" helps give credence to the current left wing movement to go from equality of opportunity to equality of outcome( disparate impact, white privilege, etc). Go look up the NYC firefighter case where blacks and Latinos didn't perform as well as white applicants on a written exam and were subsequently not offered jobs. They were given the same opportunity as white applicants but the results in NYC firefighter demographics were deemed disproportionate and those previous applicants were given badges and back pay for " discrimination"

Tombstone RJ 05-05-2014 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkie (Post 4102533)

I'd love an example from your personal experience.