The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   So anyone else have low testosterone? (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=115301)

Kaylore 04-28-2014 02:16 PM

So anyone else have low testosterone?

Just got the labs back from my primary care physician. I went for annual check-up complaining about the belly fat I've accumulated and the fact that despite working out, I'm exhausted quite a bit. In all fairness, I love ice cream and I'm married so I don't try as hard. I'm also in my mid 30's so I figure it might be age. There were other things though, like I have been making small mental errors and had difficulty focusing. I've actually noticed this posting here. I'll leave off punctuation and make spelling errors, leave off articles before words... predict a close SB game - clearly something is physically wrong with my mind.

So my Doc says he wants to check my hormones. Fine. We get checked and I register 114 nano-grams (men are usually between 300-800. I'm sure there will be some OM posters here telling us they have a billion ng.) Because of the way the T-levels bind to proteins, and the less than accurate way they test free testosterone, they just test a total and like to re-test. I take some vitamin D, prescription strength and eat a bunch of zinc filled foods and some fats. I'm trying to lift weights and do some burst fast-twitch cardio. So thinking I helped I get tested again....and it's at 128. All that work and I got 14 freaking NG out of it. I'm still tired all the time.

Just to be thorough he's tested a lot of other things on my second visit. My ferritin is safely low, which apparently rules out hemochromatosis, which runs in my family on my Mom's side. My other hormone levels are very safe as well, Pituitary, growth hormone, etc. My blood pressure and cholesterol are awesome. It's just my freaking testosterone. I am glad I'm not seeing one of those hack aging centers where they just stick you with testosterone if you feel tired, but this is looking to be a real issue. Anyone else have or know of someone who has had any experience in this?

HILife 04-28-2014 02:24 PM

Don't know anyone personally, but I hear low testosterone is the first steps to getting a full on sex change. So the good news is, half of the work is already done for you. Congrats on your new life style change! I'm sure you will make a handsome woman.

broncosteven 04-28-2014 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 4098851)
Just got the labs back from my primary care physician. I went for annual check-up complaining about the belly fat I've accumulated and the fact that despite working out, I'm exhausted quite a bit. In all fairness, I love ice cream and I'm married so I don't try as hard. I'm also in my mid 30's so I figure it might be age. There were other things though, like I have been making small mental errors and had difficulty focusing. I've actually noticed this posting here. I'll leave off punctuation and make spelling errors, leave off articles before words... predict a close SB game - clearly something is physically wrong with my mind.

So my Doc says he wants to check my hormones. Fine. We get checked and I register 114 nano-grams (men are usually between 300-800. I'm sure there will be some OM posters here telling us they have a billion ng.) Because of the way the T-levels bind to proteins, and the less than accurate way they test free testosterone, they just test a total and like to re-test. I take some vitamin D, prescription strength and eat a bunch of zinc filled foods and some fats. I'm trying to lift weights and do some burst fast-twitch cardio. So thinking I helped I get tested again....and it's at 128. All that work and I got 14 freaking NG out of it. I'm still tired all the time.

Just to be thorough he's tested a lot of other things on my second visit. My ferritin is safely low, which apparently rules out hemochromatosis, which runs in my family on my Mom's side. My other hormone levels are very safe as well, Pituitary, growth hormone, etc. My blood pressure and cholesterol are awesome. It's just my freaking testosterone. I am glad I'm not seeing one of those hack aging centers where they just stick you with testosterone if you feel tired, but this is looking to be a real issue. Anyone else have or know of someone who has had any experience in this?

Yours is no longer the Superior...

Eldorado 04-28-2014 02:34 PM

Hows your estrogen? :wiggle: :yayaya:

jk. Nope, don't know anyone. Probably lay off the board games for awhile you dork.

Kaylore 04-28-2014 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncosteven (Post 4098865)
Yours is no longer the Superior...

Apparently it hasn't been for some time...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1ytCEuuW2_A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hades 04-28-2014 02:38 PM

I have no useful information, other than stay away from all those Low T Center places popping up in strip malls all over the dang place!

baja 04-28-2014 02:43 PM

chemtrails

Kaylore 04-28-2014 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hades (Post 4098879)
I have no useful information, other than stay away from all those Low T Center places popping up in strip malls all over the dang place!

Yeah I hear you. I got this from a physical exam with my actually-graduated-from-medical-school doctor. It was actually his idea. I thought maybe my CPAP needed to be re-calibrated. I am not fond of the idea of having to get hormones injected. I am even less enthused if they need to do an MRI to make sure there isn't something worse.

Drunk Monkey 04-28-2014 02:47 PM

I had mine checked at my yearly physical and it was just over 300. I too put on some weight and have been constantly fatigued. My doctor would have prescribed something but we were trying to conceive at the time. Since then I started working out again and am in much better shape. I am interested to see what it is now. If it is still low I will take something.

Kaylore 04-28-2014 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey (Post 4098889)
I had mine checked at my yearly physical and it was just over 300. I too put on some weight and have been constantly fatigued. My doctor would have prescribed something but we were trying to conceive at the time. Since then I started working out again and am in much better shape. I am interested to see what it is now. If it is still low I would take something.

It's odd he didn't prescribe something since low testosterone can affect fertility.

rugbythug 04-28-2014 02:48 PM

Mine is around 70. I used test when I was younger and it never came back. I was off for 6 years and still around 70 ng/DL. Full disclosure I was never tested before I used so I have no baseline.

Meatheads will say I did not use the right post cycle but I did.

HILife 04-28-2014 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 4098886)
Yeah I hear you. I got this from a physical exam with my actually-graduated-from-medical-school doctor. It was actually his idea. I thought maybe my CPAP needed to be re-calibrated. I am not fond of the idea of having to get hormones injected. I am even less enthused if they need to do an MRI to make sure there isn't something worse.

Exercise, particularly weightlifting, is suppose to have a positive affect on testosterone. Diet also plays a role. Testosterone is made from unsaturated fats, and low zinc will hurt you.

Kaylore 04-28-2014 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rugbythug (Post 4098891)
Mine is around 70. I used test when I was younger and it never came back. I was off for 6 years and still around 70 ng/DL. Full disclosure I was never tested before I used so I have no baseline.

Meatheads will say I did not use the right post cycle but I did.

That's very interesting. How long did you use? I didn't know people that did steroids would never be able to get back to the way they were.

I've never been on anything like that. Doc said my medications wouldn't be a contributing factor either.

Kaylore 04-28-2014 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HILife (Post 4098894)
Exercise, particularly weightlifting, is suppose to have a positive effect on testosterone. Diet also plays a role. Testosterone is made from unsaturated fats, and low zinc will hurt you.

You didn't read my OP, did you?

HILife 04-28-2014 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 4098896)
You didn't read my OP, did you?

Guilty as charged. lol, i'll go back and read it.

EDIT: ok now that I actually read it. Opps.

rugbythug 04-28-2014 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 4098895)
That's very interesting. How long did you use? I didn't know people that did steroids would never be able to get back to the way they were.

I've never been on anything like that. Doc said my medications wouldn't be a contributing factor either.

I did 4-5 cycles over a 2-3 year period. I was still fertile but very low t.

Shananahan 04-28-2014 02:55 PM

I've got at least a billion nano-grams. Just piles of them laying around the house, in the garage, etc. PM me if you want some of them.

Drunk Monkey 04-28-2014 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 4098890)
It's odd he didn't prescribe something since low testosterone can affect fertility.

He did not as a precaution to the hopefully soon to be pregnant wife. He thought it was a better safe than sorry scenario to not be on testosterone treatments while the wife was pregnant. Especially since it is a borderline level. We already have one child so we knew we did not have fertility issues. Baby girl arrives in 3 months. I am fertile like Travis Henry.

ak1971 04-28-2014 02:58 PM

Quote:

Start drinking heavily, maybe mix in some goofballs

91BRONCO 04-28-2014 03:04 PM

Quote:

I'm the youngest guy in my office but 3 of the guys I work with use Testosterone patches. They had all the same symptoms that you mention- tired a lot and putting on some extra pounds in the midsection with no change to diet or exercise. All of them reported an immediate change for the better after just a couple days of use. One potential downside is that it can be hard to fall asleep if you put the patch on during the night.

I have heard rumors that they can cause you cancer though???

rugbythug 04-28-2014 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 91BRONCO (Post 4098909)
I'm the youngest guy in my office but 3 of the guys I work with use Testosterone patches. They had all the same symptoms that you mention- tired a lot and putting on some extra pounds in the midsection with no change to diet or exercise. All of them reported an immediate change for the better after just a couple days of use. One potential downside is that it can be hard to fall asleep if you put the patch on during the night.

I have heard rumors that they can cause you cancer though???

Just man up and taken the shots

Tombstone RJ 04-28-2014 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ak1971 (Post 4098907)
Start drinking heavily, maybe mix in some goofballs

hear hear

also remember that chicks dig tattoos.

Quoydogs 04-28-2014 03:07 PM

A friend of mine went on testosterone when they were trying to have a baby. He flipped out hard core and and destroyed a bar and spent a few days in jail. I've know him for a long time and he is a pretty easy going guy.

Not saying this would happen to you but be careful.

Hercules Rockefeller 04-28-2014 03:10 PM

b**** boobies or man boobs?

ZONA 04-28-2014 03:11 PM

Wow, that's very low for a guy in his mid 30's Kahn. It's probably genetic. I've been seeing non-stop lawyer commercials for guys who had Testosterone therapy. Guess it's giving all kinds of guys heart attacks and strokes. I'd try to do it naturally like you have been doing. Try giving it some more time and do a bunch of alpha male stuff, like pick fights, flirt with women, wrestle with alligators, lol. J/K, sounds like you're already doing some good things. I do know for a fact as you begin to lose more fat, your Testosterone will increase. Overweight men almost always test lower then men that are fit regardless of age. Also cut back on the sugar. Sugar is a Testosterone killer. And I said this in a different post but there are some mental things you can do that help to increase it also. They did a study and it's proven that flirting does increase your Testosterone. If you have a steady GF or married, that's fine, nobody says to go out and cheat on them. But harmless fun flirting is totally encouraged by many health experts.