The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   NFL Draft Forum (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   ONE DAY TO GO -- NFL DRAFT RUMORS (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=115248)

Requiem 04-22-2014 10:19 AM

ONE DAY TO GO -- NFL DRAFT RUMORS

Hello.

Just thought we should have a thread dedicated to rumors, whether they are Broncos related or not in regards to the draft. There was an excellent chat with former scout Dave Thomas on CHI's Scout.com page. I have provided some of the information in those chats here regarding team interest in players, trades, etc.

4/22/2014 -- Via Scout.com
  • The Chicago Bears are desperately hoping Aaron Donald (DT) is there when they select in the first round. They also happen to like Vanderbilt (S) Kenny Ladler Raijon Neal (RB) is a late-round sleeper for them.
  • The Vikings are more likely to take a defender than a QB in round one. Dennard (CB) could be tops on their board. According to Dave Thomas, Dennard is only one of 3 CB's in history to allow ~ less than 1 yard per pass attempt -- joining Jim Marsallis and Deion Sanders. Best DB prospect in Thomas eyes (or exciting) since Brian Dawkins. The Vikings also are interested in Bitonio and Swanson as OL prospects, and really love Brandon Linder -- as do the Packers.
  • Pittsburgh is infatuated with two players, Dennard (CB) and Beckham, Jr. (WR) -- Dennard is working out with Ike Taylor, and Beckham, Jr. reminds them of Randel El's play ability and versatility, but with Hines Ward's toughness. Expect Beckham to be their guy.
  • Michael Schofield could go a lot higher than people might think, viewed as one of the best, if not best RT in the whole draft.
  • Deone Bucannon to the Patriots at the end of round one is getting high consideration. Team also likes Jordan Matthews and Tom Savage.
  • The New York Jets are high on Keith McGill.
  • Eagles and Chiefs are doing their diligence on Calvin Pryor.
  • Zack Martin a possibility for San Diego.
  • Rashede Hageman is a "flake."
  • Bishop Sankey -- best RB in draft.
  • Redskins like Borland or the OT Koijuano if he falls.
  • Bengals are interested in Verrett.
  • 49ers could make a huge move up, have the picks to do it -- like Beckham, Jr. | Atlanta likely to try and get #2.

ludo21 04-22-2014 10:26 AM

Atlanta likely to try and get #2.

I can definitely see this. This team badly needs rejuvenation on Defense and if that is Clowney or Mack that would improve them greatly.

and, wtf??

Rashede Hageman is a "flake."

say it aint sooooooo. This is the first I have heard of this. Of course I am partial to the man ;D

Requiem 04-22-2014 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ludo21 (Post 4095484)
and, wtf??

Rashede Hageman is a "flake."

say it aint sooooooo. This is the first I have heard of this. Of course I am partial to the man ;D

Hageman's story is quite the personal battle. I've read numerous articles where people question his character and his ability to mentally handle it in the NFL. He has had a really checkered past.

Shananahan 04-22-2014 10:42 AM

Well you have to think that if he did have his head on straight and was fully committed to football he'd have dominated much more consistently.

'Flake' is a strange word to choose, though.

Mat'hir Uth Gan 04-22-2014 10:42 AM

I think Atlanta and Detroit both want whichever falls to #2 of Clowney and Mack. Could have a situation where both Houston and St. Louis trade down depending on asking price. If they just want a 2nd round this year and a 3rd next year along with swapping 1sts, it probably gets done. If Clowney and Mack are gone by #3, I have no idea if Jacksonville will take Watkins or Robinson/Matthews.

ludo21 04-22-2014 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem (Post 4095489)
Hageman's story is quite the personal battle. I've read numerous articles where people question his character and his ability to mentally handle it in the NFL. He has had a really checkered past.

Ya, he is a foster kid, but was adopted into a white family. Definitely has anger issues that could cause problems.

But he has grown a lot and WANTED to finish school. I was very impressed with this and shows his colors and how he has grown.

Although he does say he is a thug on the inside (and does so consistently) sooooo maybe with the money comes mo problems.

ludo21 04-22-2014 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan (Post 4095492)
I think Atlanta and Detroit both want whichever falls to #2 of Clowney and Mack. Could have a situation where both Houston and St. Louis trade down depending on asking price. If they just want a 2nd round this year and a 3rd next year along with swapping 1sts, it probably gets done. If Clowney and Mack are gone by #3, I have no idea if Jacksonville will take Watkins or Robinson/Matthews.

Agreed, J ville is such a wild card. I could see them taking a literally ANYONE they view as the BPA, or a QB.

Requiem 04-22-2014 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ludo21 (Post 4095507)
Agreed, J ville is such a wild card. I could see them taking a literally ANYONE they view as the BPA, or a QB.

Redraft Blaine Gabbert.

srphoenix 04-22-2014 11:43 AM

pretty fun seeing my 7th rounder attached with the words really love next to the Packers and Vikings. wish the draft was just here now....

LikeABoss5820 04-22-2014 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ludo21 (Post 4095484)
Atlanta likely to try and get #2.

I can definitely see this. This team badly needs rejuvenation on Defense and if that is Clowney or Mack that would improve them greatly.

Atl has too many holes to trade up imo.

ludo21 04-22-2014 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem (Post 4095516)
Redraft Blaine Gabbert.

Give their first to SF for his rights back....

oubronco 04-22-2014 12:58 PM

Damn it I want to see Dennard in a Broncos jersey

pricejj 04-22-2014 03:35 PM

When I finally got around to watching Dennard last week, I was amazed. He's like a slightly slower version of Revis. Some of the best ability to stay in the WR's hip pocket and strip the ball a it arrives, that I've ever seen.

Champ, in his prime, was better...but Dennard looks like the real deal.

ludo21 04-22-2014 03:41 PM

walterfootball.com

NFC Executive: Teddy Bridgewater is a "Fourth-Round Guy"

Updated April 18, 2014
By Charlie Campbell - @draftcampbell

Over the final months leading up to the 2014 NFL Draft, there have been a lot of reports of Louisville quarterback Teddy Bridgewater falling lower than expected on draft day. They've become more commonplace with each passing week.

This isn't news to teams though. They've told us that the national media is simply catching up, and that it has overrated Bridgewater during his collegiate career and throughout the draft process.

We've reached out to many teams about Bridgewater, and all have been down on him. Perhaps the most glaring response we've heard came from an executive with an NFC playoff team that has no need for a starting quarterback. They have their franchise signal-caller, but they could use a reserve, so we asked this executive his thoughts on some quarterbacks, including Bridgewater.

The NFC executive said that he thought Bridgewater was a "fourth-round guy" and will fall out of the first round. He said that there isn't anything exceptional about Bridgewater's skill set, as he doesn't have an elite arm, size or mobility. Because of that, he felt that Bridgewater is a fourth-round talent.

Another scouting director picking in the top 20 that could consider a quarterback told us that his team never had Bridgewater as a first-round pick. They said he's carried a second-round grade throughout the process. They still have him as a second-round pick after his much-maligned pro day.

Sources from three teams in the top 10 have told us that they have Blake Bortles and Derek Carr graded ahead of Bridgewater. One team also has A.J. McCarron rated ahead of Bridgewater.

Six different franchises, including those three in the top 10, have said they believe that Bridgewater is going to fall much lower than expected on draft day and could easily drop out of the first round because teams aren't grading him as a first-round pick.

Shananahan 04-22-2014 04:19 PM

Things are pickin' up.

eddie mac 04-22-2014 04:20 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Here’s the complete list of the record 30 prospects attending the 2014 <a href="https://twitter.com/nfl">@NFL</a> Draft: <a href="http://t.co/SxWc8M6xfS">pic.twitter.com/SxWc8M6xfS</a></p>&mdash; Randall Liu (@RLiuNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/RLiuNFL/statuses/458743848387108864">April 22, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

eddie mac 04-22-2014 04:21 PM

Surprised that there's no

Anthony Barr
Aaron Donald
Derek Carr

on that list

jebures 04-22-2014 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddie mac (Post 4095724)
Surprised that there's no

Anthony Barr
Aaron Donald
Derek Carr

on that list

carr declined, im assuming those other two did too

Requiem 04-22-2014 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ludo21 (Post 4095705)
walterfootball.com

NFC Executive: Teddy Bridgewater is a "Fourth-Round Guy"

Updated April 18, 2014
By Charlie Campbell - @draftcampbell

Over the final months leading up to the 2014 NFL Draft, there have been a lot of reports of Louisville quarterback Teddy Bridgewater falling lower than expected on draft day. They've become more commonplace with each passing week.

This isn't news to teams though. They've told us that the national media is simply catching up, and that it has overrated Bridgewater during his collegiate career and throughout the draft process.

We've reached out to many teams about Bridgewater, and all have been down on him. Perhaps the most glaring response we've heard came from an executive with an NFC playoff team that has no need for a starting quarterback. They have their franchise signal-caller, but they could use a reserve, so we asked this executive his thoughts on some quarterbacks, including Bridgewater.

The NFC executive said that he thought Bridgewater was a "fourth-round guy" and will fall out of the first round. He said that there isn't anything exceptional about Bridgewater's skill set, as he doesn't have an elite arm, size or mobility. Because of that, he felt that Bridgewater is a fourth-round talent.

Another scouting director picking in the top 20 that could consider a quarterback told us that his team never had Bridgewater as a first-round pick. They said he's carried a second-round grade throughout the process. They still have him as a second-round pick after his much-maligned pro day.

Sources from three teams in the top 10 have told us that they have Blake Bortles and Derek Carr graded ahead of Bridgewater. One team also has A.J. McCarron rated ahead of Bridgewater.

Six different franchises, including those three in the top 10, have said they believe that Bridgewater is going to fall much lower than expected on draft day and could easily drop out of the first round because teams aren't grading him as a first-round pick.

I take anything Walter Football says with a grain of salts.

Rohirrim 04-22-2014 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem (Post 4095731)
I take anything Walter Football says with a grain of salts.

He talks about the Broncos as if they gave him a wedgie and stole his lunch money.

Requiem 04-22-2014 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohirrim (Post 4095734)
He talks about the Broncos as if they gave him a wedgie and stole his lunch money.

Maybe John Elway sh-t in his Cheerios?

elsid13 04-22-2014 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohirrim (Post 4095734)

Well he deserved it.

eddie mac 04-22-2014 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jebures (Post 4095728)
carr declined, im assuming those other two did too

Interesting that Savage turned the offer down as well.

Mediator12 04-22-2014 06:25 PM

I am freaking stunned Cody Latimer is on that list. I have plenty of peeps at IU and the story I got on him was not pleasant, stunned anyone thinks he is a top 10 WR in this draft.

I am a little surprised Jordan Matthews is going too.

Rohirrim 04-22-2014 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddie mac (Post 4095766)
Interesting that Savage turned the offer down as well.

Nobody wants to be the "guy who didn't get picked" focus of ESPN cameras.