The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   War, Religion and Politics Thread (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   White Male Privilege Squandered On Job At Best Buy (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=115247)

txtebow 04-22-2014 07:37 AM

White Male Privilege Squandered On Job At Best Buy

http://www.theonion.com/articles/whi...view:1:Default

HAMILTON, OH—Despite being the beneficiary of numerous societal advantages and having faced little to no major adversity throughout his life, local man Travis Benton has spent the last four years squandering his white male privilege on a sales floor job at Best Buy, sources confirmed Tuesday. “You can get by with a regular HDMI cable, but if you’re looking at a length longer than 10 feet, I’d go with a gold-tipped one,” said the man dressed in a bright blue polo shirt and pin-on name tag as he continued to fritter away such innate life advantages as greater access to higher education, leniency from the justice system, and favorable treatment from other white males who lead and make hiring decisions at a disproportionately high number of American companies. “The AudioQuest gold-tip is actually the cable I use in my own home entertainment center and it provides excellent audio and video clarity, plus it comes with a full five-year warranty, unlike the 90-day warranty of a bargain brand. For your money, you’re not going to find a better cable.” At press time, the man born into the world’s most affluent and privileged socioeconomic group was spending his 15-minute break silently consuming a sleeve of Donettes purchased out of a vending machine.

baja 04-22-2014 09:13 AM

Your point?

baja 04-22-2014 09:15 AM

txtebow in your opinion would the United States be better off or worse off if there were no black people in America?

baja 04-22-2014 09:18 AM

txtebow let sa you had access to a time machine and could go back in time and change history would you preempt slavery in America if you could?

BroncoBeavis 04-22-2014 09:43 AM

Funny thing is with the way the Onion wrote that its hard to tell whether they're taking a jab at the whole concept of white male privilege or at the crackas who somehow fail to take advantage. :)

BroncsRule 04-22-2014 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis (Post 4095403)
Funny thing is with the way the Onion wrote that its hard to tell whether they're taking a jab at the whole concept of white male privilege or at the crackas who somehow fail to take advantage. :)

Both. It's the Onion. Equal Opportunity Mockers.

txtebow 04-23-2014 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja (Post 4095389)
txtebow in your opinion would the United States be better off or worse off if there were no black people in America?

IT's not lost on any of us that your initial reaction to this article which makes light of the absurdity of the notion of "white privilege" is that Txtebow must hate black people. Your "conditioning" has obviously been completed. #sheep

txtebow 04-23-2014 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis (Post 4095403)

Funny thing is you, don't realize that it's impossible to "take advantage of" something that doesn't exist.

BroncoBeavis 04-23-2014 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txtebow (Post 4095890)
Funny thing is you, don't realize that it's impossible to "take advantage of" something that doesn't exist.

Not really my argument. I was saying that it's hard to tell whether the Onion was arguing this point or something else entirely.

baja 04-23-2014 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txtebow (Post 4095887)
IT's not lost on any of us that your initial reaction to this article which makes light of the absurdity of the notion of "white privilege" is that Txtebow must hate black people. Your "conditioning" has obviously been completed. #sheep

I could be wrong and I apologize if I am but in reading most of your posts going back a few years you seem intent on making a case that blacks are inferior to the white race and I am not sure why you spend so much time on this.

FYI I think political correctness is more harmful to a society than racism.

BTW my question was a serious, do you think America would be better off if there was no importation of black slaves?

txtebow 04-23-2014 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja (Post 4095909)

BTW my question was a serious, do you think America would be better off if there was no importation of black slaves?

Slavery and the legacy of slavery, was and has proven to be, a blight upon civilized society that I personally wished had never occurred.

Are you PRO-Slavery Baja?