The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Looking for some leaders on this team? Ed Reed (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=115063)

iforgotmypassword 04-04-2014 08:44 AM

Looking for some leaders on this team? Ed Reed

We've all been asking who will step up and be a leader of this team? I say we kick the tires on Ed Reed.

I'm not suggesting him to come in and be our starting FS. I'm suggesting we bring in a veteran, somebody who has won a championship, somebody who knows how to handle the grind of an nfl season and playoff run. Lastly, someone who adds even more grittiness/toughness to this team.

Our current Safeties on the roster are mostly SS types aside from Rahim... Carter, Duke, and Ward are clearly SS's, so this would give us some depth at free. Ed can certainly play in dime situations.... I believe JDR can find ways to have Ed, Rahim, and Ward on the field at the same time.

If nothing else, he is a quality backup, can teach our younger DB's a trick or two, and brings attitude and leadership to our locker room.

If the price is right.... what do you all think?? I can see this one getting heated....

Powderaddict 04-04-2014 08:45 AM

He's done. Pass.

Drunken.Broncoholic2 04-04-2014 08:48 AM

He retired 2 years ago. His aura has just been lingering since.

Rookie FS > reed for this team now and it's future.

Kaylore 04-04-2014 08:55 AM

We already signed a veteran safety.

iforgotmypassword 04-04-2014 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 4086302)
We already signed a veteran safety.

We signed a young STRONG safety who has never played a playoff game.

NFLBRONCO 04-04-2014 09:06 AM

Thought this thread was about John Fox

Requiem 04-04-2014 09:08 AM

Looks like you missed several of our key free agent signings.

Smiling Assassin27 04-04-2014 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powderaddict (Post 4086298)
He's done. Pass.

That about covers it.

Crushaholic 04-04-2014 09:14 AM

The OP has been around long enough to know the OM running joke about Ed Reed.

But, But, But...Ed REEEEEEEED!

I'm just going to pretend that the OP is attempting to bring back a classic, in OM lore...:)

DENVERDUI55 04-04-2014 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iforgotmypassword (Post 4086297)
We've all been asking who will step up and be a leader of this team? I say we kick the tires on Ed Reed.

Those tires are bald down and down to the cord.

SonOfLe-loLang 04-04-2014 09:25 AM

Has leadership really been a question we've all been asking??

Crushaholic 04-04-2014 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang (Post 4086321)
Has leadership really been a question we've all been asking??

It certainly looked like there was a lack of leadership, in the Super Bowl...

Drunken.Broncoholic2 04-04-2014 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushaholic (Post 4086326)

On defense, lack of talent was more the problem than someone being a leader. I don't compare 2013 Super Bowl defense with anything we have in 2014. Like 9 different starters now different than that Super Bowl starting lineup.

Kaylore 04-04-2014 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushaholic (Post 4086326)

You don't build a team to try and fix a bad game. And really this is conjecture. Does anyone believe the outcome of the SB is different if Ed Reed is there going "Raw Raw sis boom baaaaa!" on the sidelines?

crush17 04-04-2014 09:37 AM

Who needs Ed Reed? We've got DeMarcus Ware ;)

5. Von Miller is about to learn a heck of a lot from watching DeMarcus Ware, who told me he’s out to “make all of my worst critics eat their words.” And if Von doesn’t grow exponentially in one season under that man’s wing, he can only blame himself.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/04/04/demarc...cos-offseason/

SonOfLe-loLang 04-04-2014 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 4086328)
You don't build a team to try and fix a bad game. And really this is conjecture. Does anyone believe the outcome of the SB is different if Ed Reed is there going "Raw Raw sis boom baaaaa!" on the sidelines?

If he said exactly that, yes. :D

But i agree. People point to that game as some sort of truth instead of an anomaly, which it more likely was. I sincerely doubt that if the SB were played 10 times, the majority of outcomes would be what we saw.

DENVERDUI55 04-04-2014 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 4086328)

Exactly. How would of leadership fixed that game? It was an asswhooping that just needs to be chalked up to that and forgot about.

Kaylore 04-04-2014 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang (Post 4086336)
If he said exactly that, yes. :D

But i agree. People point to that game as some sort of truth instead of an anomaly, which it more likely was. I sincerely doubt that if the SB were played 10 times, the majority of outcomes would be what we saw.

It actually wasn't anomalous. Seattle took the ball away from everybody and scored off turnovers all year - best in the league. We were a pretty average team in the league at giving the ball away and far and away the worst of all the playoff teams. And in all our loses we lost the turnover battle.

But you got my point - none of those issues had anything to do with leadership.

Wes Mantooth 04-04-2014 10:31 AM

Vaughn Hebron is looking to get on a team too as we need RB help.

Castinkas 04-04-2014 10:33 AM

A on the field or off the field cheerleader wouldn't have helped our team. I think we had to address the lines on both sides of the ball and special teams. Granted the secondary was awful but when an nfl qb has 5-6 seconds to stand in a clean pocket he will find an open wr. I think the Dl has been addressed and to an extent ST. O-line I am not so sure of. We have added depth but I cant get the image of Franklin getting abused out of my head. Guess that will happen when a team turns you one dimensional.

DomCasual 04-04-2014 11:12 AM

Dick Butkus is a great leader, and I would immediately buy his Broncos jersey!

Dick Butkus>Ed Reed

broncosteven 04-04-2014 11:30 AM

I bet Ashley Lelie could still stretch a D or 2. He would probably want a #5 starter type money even though he is a #6.

Garcia Bronco 04-04-2014 11:36 AM

Finally...we and Reed can become one. lol