The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Kuper retires (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=114762)

Boobs McGee 03-07-2014 09:00 AM

Kuper retires

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...ensive-lineman

Its official

Chris, it's been a pleasure, thanks for 8 wonderful years with us, good luck in your future endeavors!

LRtagger 03-07-2014 09:03 AM

paging kupesdad

bronco militia 03-07-2014 09:04 AM

according to his dad, probably

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...42#post4061842

Pick Six 03-07-2014 09:05 AM

I couldn't find another story that confirms it. I'm at work, so that link is blocked because of adult/mature content. WTF is on that site? Hilarious!

Boobs McGee 03-07-2014 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bronco militia (Post 4068240)

Bummer, but pretty awesome that he got to the biggest stage in sports.

@crushaholic, be veeeeeery careful with Reddit, it's a slippery slope that will consume your productivity!

LonghornBronco 03-07-2014 09:18 AM

Thanks Kup! Appreciated the way you played the game.

Pick Six 03-07-2014 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boobs McGee (Post 4068244)
Bummer, but pretty awesome that he got to the biggest stage in sports.

@crushaholic, be veeeeeery careful with Reddit, it's a slippery slope that will consume your productivity!

LOL I will heed that warning. I just got my productivity back, after the NFL season ended. Wait, is March Madness coming up? Damn...

Drunken.Broncoholic2 03-07-2014 09:48 AM

How many are still on the team from the shanny days? Clady? Woodyard? Prater?

ColoradoDarin 03-07-2014 09:51 AM

If Kup retires, Prater would be the longest tenured Bronco....

Rabb 03-07-2014 10:01 AM

I love reddit, I spend too much time there but fair warning...the Broncos sub there is terrible.

Possibly worse than the light rail. My favorite right now is the thread that we are getting Revis for a 3rd, and it's been reported.

randerson1184 03-07-2014 10:55 AM

I hope Kupesdad sticks around on the forums. He's one of our better contributors, IMO. Not to take anything away from our great, many contributors though.... ;)

eddie mac 03-07-2014 11:13 AM

Yeah Lombardi told me last night that he wont be back cos of an ankle issue. Shame that kid was a good servant. Gonna be a lot of change this year in Denver, a lot of players wont be back, probably one of the biggest overhauls we've ever had in one offseason.

Requiem 03-07-2014 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddie mac (Post 4068288)
Yeah Lombardi told me last night that he wont be back cos of an ankle issue. Shame that kid was a good servant. Gonna be a lot of change this year in Denver, a lot of players wont be back, probably one of the biggest overhauls we've ever had in one offseason.

Look forward to seeing what we can do this off-season. Thanks for all your updates. ^5

cutthemdown 03-07-2014 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddie mac (Post 4068288)

Not one move yet is surprising though. Bailey, Kuper, they were not contributing enough on the field to keep paying. Anyone who followed football knew at their cap numbers they would get released early into FA to free up cash for younger starters.

eddie mac 03-07-2014 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem (Post 4068292)
Look forward to seeing what we can do this off-season. Thanks for all your updates. ^5

No problem. Cannot recall us ever going into an offseason with no MLB on the roster, 1 cornerback, 3 defensive ends (2 were injured last year), 2 wide receivers and 1 guard.

cutthemdown 03-07-2014 11:26 AM

Moreno IMO would be the one player that would be nice to hear he is returning to Denver. I guess Woodyard also because that would give us nice depth at WSL going forward. Woodyard probably will leave to start at the weakside spot for some other team.

eddie mac 03-07-2014 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 4068298)
Not one move yet is surprising though. Bailey, Kuper, they were not contributing enough on the field to keep paying. Anyone who followed football knew at their cap numbers they would get released early into FA to free up cash for younger starters.

You're quite right it isn't but we are going to have to find some pretty good players over the next week or 2 and leaders amongst them, then bring them all together and turn them into a fine tuned machine by September. Big ask this year and a lot bigger than last year when in reality we didn't lose anyone and added quite a few good players.

For anyone who's followed the Broncos for decades they wont be used to this. Aside from Ian Gold, Aldridge and Shannon Sharpe, we've rarely lost starters in FA and that's looking very likely as we stand.

eddie mac 03-07-2014 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 4068302)
Moreno IMO would be the one player that would be nice to hear he is returning to Denver. I guess Woodyard also because that would give us nice depth at WSL going forward. Woodyard probably will leave to start at the weakside spot for some other team.

I think Wesley may end up within the division with Allen.

Rohirrim 03-07-2014 12:36 PM

Honestly, if I got the kind of injury that he had I would have retired on the spot.

cutthemdown 03-07-2014 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohirrim (Post 4068350)
Honestly, if I got the kind of injury that he had I would have retired on the spot.

How these men even survive 4 yrs of HS football, then college, to even make it to the pros is also amazing. If you follow prep sports ( my area loaded with talent) you see all the time incredible talents who get injured before anyone even knows who they are.

rugbythug 03-07-2014 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddie mac (Post 4068304)
You're quite right it isn't but we are going to have to find some pretty good players over the next week or 2 and leaders amongst them, then bring them all together and turn them into a fine tuned machine by September. Big ask this year and a lot bigger than last year when in reality we didn't lose anyone and added quite a few good players.

For anyone who's followed the Broncos for decades they wont be used to this. Aside from Ian Gold, Aldridge and Shannon Sharpe, we've rarely lost starters in FA and that's looking very likely as we stand.

Bertrand berry and the other de the next year come to mind. Plus a few guards. The year we had 3 third round comp pics we must have lost a few.

broncocalijohn 03-07-2014 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabb (Post 4068260)
I love reddit, I spend too much time there but fair warning...the Broncos sub there is terrible.

Possibly worse than the light rail. My favorite right now is the thread that we are getting Revis for a 3rd, and it's been reported.

Would that be gmatty6's source?

Rabb 03-07-2014 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncocalijohn (Post 4068371)

Do they allow reddit in lieu of yard time?

Ray Finkle 03-07-2014 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncocalijohn (Post 4068371)

His source's name is secretly locked up in a hope chest….

Drunken.Broncoholic2 03-07-2014 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabb (Post 4068372)
Do they allow reddit in lieu of yard time?

Boom.

Dude is in prison right now doing that 18 month stretch.