The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   NFL Draft Forum (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Mocking the Draft (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=114490)

Arkie 02-04-2014 07:22 AM

Mocking the Draft
 
31. Ryan Shazier, OLB, Ohio State
Both Paris Lenon and Wesley Woodyard are free agents for the Broncos, and Shazier is a clear upgrade. Shazier is capable of playing outside or inside linebacker in the NFL. He's more physical than his measurables indicate and gets to the ball as fast as any linebacker in the draft this year.

63. Pierre Desir, CB, Lindenwood
For teams looking to add bigger cornerbacks this offseason, Desir will be a hot commodity. He can get physical with opposing receivers, and help fill one of Denver's biggest needs.

95. Tre Mason, RB, Auburn
Knowshon Moreno is a free agent, and some consider Mason among the best running backs in the draft.


http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-dra...dy-bridgewater

Lestat 02-04-2014 12:11 PM

To me, Shazier is a WLB in the NFL. We have enough WLB's and SLB's
I want Mosley or Smallwood at MLB.

Requiem 02-04-2014 02:30 PM

Meltdown draft.

Mat'hir Uth Gan 02-04-2014 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem (Post 4054045)
Meltdown draft.

Yes please! The meltdown, not the draft.

Agamemnon 02-05-2014 12:19 AM

Ryan Shazier as a MLB? Dafuq?

BMORE 02-05-2014 11:16 AM

I like Shazier.

Requiem 02-05-2014 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan (Post 4054743)
Yes please! The meltdown, not the draft.

Apparently the draft is May now? For real? Looks like I might have to go to Glacier in June instead to camp. GAH.

Carmelo15 02-05-2014 11:21 AM

If we draft a MLB I'd hope for Andrew Jackson

Lestat 02-05-2014 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carmelo15 (Post 4055127)
If we draft a MLB I'd hope for Andrew Jackson

We can get him late in the draft. His stock plummeted this year.
Probably a 4th rounder if he has a good combine and pro day, if not then a 5th-7th.
I want us to draft him as well.

BMORE 02-05-2014 02:56 PM

Spoke highly of him last year. It depends what we are looking for from the position. He's a two down player. If we lose Woodyard, who is the other subpackage LB? We could certainly look to sign a coverage LB in free agency.

Jackson would be a downhill enforcer, even though he had a down year. I liked him last year and think he has plenty of physical attributes you need from a MLB. But his hips are stiff...

I think we will take a more complete MLB or we will have to have a subpackage LB to play with Trevethan.

Lestat 02-05-2014 03:00 PM

Me personally I want 2 MLB's in the draft.
Smallwood in the 1st or 2nd, Jackson in the later rounds.

Requiem 02-05-2014 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lestat (Post 4055408)
Me personally I want 2 MLB's in the draft.
Smallwood in the 1st or 2nd, Jackson in the later rounds.

Some dude got Smallwood for us in the 5th round @ NFLDraftCountdown's forums.

Lestat 02-05-2014 04:18 PM

I don't see Smallwood falling lower than the 2nd unless his combine is pure crap.

BMORE 02-05-2014 05:09 PM

What benefit would that serve us drafting Smallwood and Jackson. I am all for drafting two LBs, but one has to be a coverage LB!

Lestat 02-05-2014 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMORE (Post 4055512)
What benefit would that serve us drafting Smallwood and Jackson. I am all for drafting two LBs, but one has to be a coverage LB!

I just want the position upgraded. A legit 1 and 2 at MLB.
If one falters the other can take his place and have it be a big time competition.

BMORE 02-05-2014 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lestat (Post 4055582)
I just want the position upgraded. A legit 1 and 2 at MLB.
If one falters the other can take his place and have it be a big time competition.

I'm open to that idea, but I would prefer to sign a veteran free agent and draft one. Based on our current defense, sub packages are what we do the most often. So if we draft Smallwood or Jackson who are both two down players, who is your subpackage LBer with Trevethan?

Lestat 02-05-2014 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMORE (Post 4055591)
I'm open to that idea, but I would prefer to sign a veteran free agent and draft one. Based on our current defense, sub packages are what we do the most often. So if we draft Smallwood or Jackson who are both two down players, who is your subpackage LBer with Trevethan?

My assumption is that we will find a cheap vet LB for the sub package.
It may be that we take a LB in the draft and sign one instead of taking two.
My preference is to get two MLB's in the draft but I doubt they draft two with CB,S,DE and G being a need.

BMORE 02-06-2014 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lestat (Post 4055689)
My assumption is that we will find a cheap vet LB for the sub package.
It may be that we take a LB in the draft and sign one instead of taking two.
My preference is to get two MLB's in the draft but I doubt they draft two with CB,S,DE and G being a need.

There aren't any names that jump out at me from that list of free agents..

srphoenix 02-06-2014 07:58 AM

tre mason would be fun, he carried that auburn offense more than people realize I think. I think we've all realized over the years that we need some strength in the middle of the field with a great mlb and a strong and fast strong safety.

I also think missing rahim moore had a huge affect on our defense.

Lestat 02-06-2014 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMORE (Post 4055775)
There aren't any names that jump out at me from that list of free agents..

Yeah but you know someone will get cut and that has been the way the team has addressed it in the past.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.