The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   NFL FREE AGENT LIST 2014 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=114468)

txtebow 02-03-2014 03:31 PM

NFL FREE AGENT LIST 2014

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...agents-by-team

RESIGN DRC.......CUT WELKER.

Position PRIORITY:

1) MLB
2) SS
3) FS
4) DE
5) C & RT

Players I'd like to Target

1) MLB Karlos Dansby
1b) Safety Jairus Byrd

2) WR Jacoby Jones (bye Decker and Holliday)

3) DE Arthur Jones (BAL)

4) DT Henry Melton (CHI)

5) Pat Angerer, LB (IND)

6) Julian Edelman, WR (NE)

7) Malcolm Jenkins, S (NO)

8) Ziggy Hood, DT (PIT)

9) Donte Whitner, S (SF)

10) Jonathan Goodwin, C (SF)

11) Breno Giacomini, RT (SEA)

Here's our list of FA's:

Denver Broncos

Knowshon Moreno, RB
Andre Caldwell, WR
Eric Decker, WR
Winston Justice, OL
Zane Beadles, OL
Dan Koppen, OL

Steve Vallos, OL
Robert Ayers, DE
Jeremy Mincey, DE
Shaun Phillips, LB
Stewart Bradley, LB
Paris Lenon, LB
Wesley Woodyard, LB
Quentin Jammer, CB
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB
Mike Adams, S
Michael Huff, S

RADRHATR 02-03-2014 03:35 PM

Re-Sign DRC ? Please tell me what good he does? He is a cover corner but other than that, he runs from contact and thinks this is a flag-football league. Didn't you learn from the Super Bowl that the way to go is physical????

enjolras 02-03-2014 03:44 PM

I really don't think this is hyperbole. Jairus Byrd might be the only piece we need to win a superbowl next year.

Rabb 02-03-2014 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RADRHATR (Post 4052680)
Re-Sign DRC ? Please tell me what good he does? He is a cover corner but other than that, he runs from contact and thinks this is a flag-football league. Didn't you learn from the Super Bowl that the way to go is physical????

:rofl:

TonyR 02-03-2014 04:07 PM

Quote:

Re-Sign DRC ?

I like DRC but wouldn't pay him huge $$$. I won't be surprised if he's not a Bronco next year. But, that said, if he goes he needs to be replaced with Harris coming off an injury, Champ apparently done or close to it, and everyone else a question mark.

jebures 02-03-2014 04:25 PM

Decker can go, he was invisible last night. Holliday should be cut, not worth the risk or the roster spot for a guy we are scared to have catch punts. Let Mike Adams and Robert Ayers, Woodyard (yes him, couldn't play all 3 downs, already have trevathan) go. Keep DRC, move champ to FS, let Rahim the Dream play SS. I would actually keep Caldwell, he will be cheap and was productive when given a chance.

Dexter 02-03-2014 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jebures (Post 4052716)
Decker can go, he was invisible last night. Holliday should be cut, not worth the risk or the roster spot for a guy we are scared to have catch punts. Let Mike Adams and Robert Ayers, Woodyard (yes him, couldn't play all 3 downs, already have trevathan) go. Keep DRC, move champ to FS, let Rahim the Dream play SS. I would actually keep Caldwell, he will be cheap and was productive when given a chance.

This

Hercules Rockefeller 02-03-2014 04:30 PM

There is 0 reason to cut Holliday before training camp, he makes peanuts.

Finger Roll 02-03-2014 04:43 PM

Cut Welker? Pretty dumb

RADRHATR 02-03-2014 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enjolras (Post 4052688)
I really don't think this is hyperbole. Jairus Byrd might be the only piece we need to win a superbowl next year.

Agree, Byrd and draft some young, physical linebacker(s), SS/FS . I honestly don't think too many of our FA's will leave for more money unless it's substantial. The Broncos have been the AFC's #1 seed for 2 years running now.

KipCorrington25 02-03-2014 05:21 PM

I'd want DRC back, he had a good year... not sure the price on him though.

The rest are JAG's.

Abqbronco 02-03-2014 05:24 PM

Quote:

Hahaha!!!

OBF1 02-03-2014 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enjolras (Post 4052688)

LMAO this is funny, But I know you are kidding. No way Byrd makes up the 35 points we lost by.

bpc 02-03-2014 06:29 PM

I want Michael Johnson and TJ Ward. Resign DRC. I'll take my chances with Von at Sam, Irvin at MLB, & Trevathan at WLB. Pair Ward up with Moore if he's healthy. Moore plays FS, Ward is the SS. Let DRC play on one side, Webster/Harris on the other side. Front line would be a lot more athletic than it has been. DT position will be deep with Knighton, Vickerson, Sly, Unrein. DE will have players too with Johnson, Malik Jackson, Mincey, Wolfe and i'd bring back Phillips to a 2 yr contract.

Not what I do on offense outside of gear this line up to play the run better next year. I kick Franklin down inside. My long complaint was that he's not a true pass blocker, sure enough, he turned into a pumpkin last night. Put his power inside and move mountains with it. Put Clark at RT. He'd be much better there and then if he gets abused, at least Manning can see it coming. No money for Moreno/Decker. Knowshon is and always will be a finesse HB. Start developing Ball and some power running concepts that will prepare this team for any type of game. DT takes the lead role on offense, bring back Bubba Caldwell for cheap, play Welker in the slot, keep developing Julius. Passing game needs to focus around DT/Julius/Welker next year.

Al Wilson 02-03-2014 07:19 PM

Release Welker? What are you on crack? I don't mind if they let go of Decker...however, someone opposite of DT that can stretch the field with speed to burn is needed. Someone like a Mike Wallace type.

extralife 02-03-2014 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Wilson (Post 4052960)
Release Welker? What are you on crack? I don't mind if they let go of Decker...however, someone opposite of DT that can stretch the field with speed to burn is needed. Someone like a Mike Wallace type.

you mean the same mike wallace who got 11 million a year to do nothing for Miami?

Manning doesn't work with one dimensional receivers, and he doesn't have the arm to justify paying a 9-or-nothing guy even if he did.

enjolras 02-03-2014 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OBF1 (Post 4052855)
LMAO this is funny, But I know you are kidding. No way Byrd makes up the 35 points we lost by.

We're not going to turn the ball over 5 times every time we play in the super bowl.

txtebow 02-03-2014 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Wilson (Post 4052960)

Jacoby jones= deep speed and special teams returner. I'd rather pay Edelman $6 million next year ( and beyond) than welker $8 million

Boot7829 02-03-2014 07:33 PM

I really don't think you can win through free agency. We just have to start nailing these drafts

txtebow 02-03-2014 08:10 PM

We need a physical presence at SS and Mlb. Whitner and Dansby would do that. Edelman could replace Welker and if we could get a ballhawk like Byrd to pair with Whitner I'd love it.

BMORE 02-03-2014 08:16 PM

Most of those players are going to get paid. We need to be looking at 2nd tier players in free agency. We gave plenty of our own to resign.

We all agree we need to get more physical. If we want a physical FS we can look to Malcolm Jenkins, a physical SS how about a veteran leader like Bernard Pollard.

MLB is another area we can address with at the very least quality depth. Again think 2nd tier and I myself like Pat Angerer.

txtebow 02-03-2014 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boot7829 (Post 4052978)
I really don't think you can win through free agency. We just have to start nailing these drafts

We have 1 season left with Peyton. It's all in... That means players who contribute immediately.

txtebow 02-03-2014 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMORE (Post 4053041)
Most of those players are going to get paid. We need to be looking at 2nd tier players in free agency. We gave plenty of our own to resign.

We all agree we need to get more physical. If we want a physical FS we can look to Malcolm Jenkins, a physical SS how about a veteran leader like Bernard Pollard.

MLB is another area we can address with at the very least quality depth. Again think 2nd tier and I myself like Pat Angerer.

Champ is on the books for $10mil and welker $8mil next season. That's enough for at least 2 top tier defenders.

TonyR 02-03-2014 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boot7829 (Post 4052978)

I agree with you. In the longer run you have to build through the draft. A lot of Seattle's stud D players are later round picks, for example. Need to hit on more picks than you miss and supplement with FA. Easier said than done, unfortunately.

BMORE 02-03-2014 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txtebow (Post 4053043)
Champ is on the books for $10mil and welker $8mil next season. That's enough for at least 2 top tier defenders.

It doesn't work like that. You cut Bailey it's $1 million in dead money, you cut Welker there's another $5 million. So that $18 million cap number you think you have is actually $13.

Then there are our own players to sign.

We will be able to add second tier players. But you build a team through the draft my friend.