The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   hey guys, go hawks! (non troll thread) (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=114052)

Seattle1983 01-21-2014 12:25 PM

hey guys, go hawks! (non troll thread)

I'm a Seahawks fan from way back. 1983 to be exact. At the age of 5 I decided silver, blue and green were my favorite color combination. My family consists of Seahawks, Chiefs and Panthers fans. My dad traveled for the air force and my five siblings all grew up in different parts of the United States before settling in Seattle in 1982. Since I was a baby I grew up watching football with my dad, brothers, uncles and cousins! Most of my family were born in western Missouri and hence the large number of KC fans. I however was born in Houston TX. I was too young to remember my time there and the oldest memories I have are during the move to Washington after my dad retired.

I'd love to discuss the game respectfully. Maybe I'll even stick around a while after the dust settles!

I've always kind of liked the Broncos truth be told. Loved the Bobby Humphreys, Michael Jacksons, Sharpe's and Atwaters of the world. I hated the Chiefs so much in the 90s I found myself rooting hard for the Broncos at least twice per year and in the playoffs. My favorite Broncos of all time remind me of my two favorite players... Elway and Davis embodied everything I wanted to be as a young man. Confident, consistent, hard working and successful.

I'd love to think that like Elway and Davis, Wilson and Lynch could finally break the cycle of coming up short and deliver us the pinnacle of professional sports. A Superbowl championship!

Standing in the way this season is Peyton Manning and thebl highest scoring offense in league history. Regardless of this games outcome I am extremely proud of this team. MY TEAM!!!! I want to win so badly, much like many of you did when you had to experience so much heart break before finally breaking through.

There will be no shame in losing this game, for either team. Watching the Broncos overcome as a child has put a lot into perspective for me and the way I look at my team. Unlike many fans of teams that have never won the big one in do not live in fear that we may never win the Lombardi. Losing to the best offense in history with the best quarterback in history would be an honor compared to never making it this far.

May the best team win!!!

Go Hawks!!!!!!

Powderaddict 01-21-2014 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seattle1983 (Post 4036358)
I'm a Seahawks fan from way back. 1983 to be exact. At the age of 5 I decided silver, blue and green were my favorite color combination. My family consists of Seahawks, Chiefs and Panthers fans. My dad traveled for the air force and my five siblings all grew up in different parts of the United States before settling in Seattle in 1982. Since I was a baby I grew up watching football with my dad, brothers, uncles and cousins! Most of my family were born in western Missouri and hence the large number of KC fans. I however was born in Houston TX. I was too young to remember my time there and the oldest memories I have are during the move to Washington after my dad retired.

I'd love to discuss the game respectfully. Maybe I'll even stick around a while after the dust settles!

I've always kind of liked the Broncos truth be told. Loved the Bobby Humphreys, Michael Jacksons, Sharpe's and Atwaters of the world. I hated the Chiefs so much in the 90s I found myself rooting hard for the Broncos at least twice per year and in the playoffs. My favorite Broncos of all time remind me of my two favorite players... Elway and Davis embodied everything I wanted to be as a young man. Confident, consistent, hard working and successful.

I'd love to think that like Elway and Davis, Wilson and Lynch could finally break the cycle of coming up short and deliver us the pinnacle of professional sports. A Superbowl championship!

Standing in the way this season is Peyton Manning and thebl highest scoring offense in league history. Regardless of this games outcome I am extremely proud of this team. MY TEAM!!!! I want to win so badly, much like many of you did when you had to experience so much heart break before finally breaking through.

There will be no shame in losing this game, for either team. Watching the Broncos overcome as a child has put a lot into perspective for me and the way I look at my team. Unlike many fans of teams that have never won the big one in do not live in fear that we may never win the Lombardi. Losing to the best offense in history with the best quarterback in history would be an honor compared to never making it this far.

May the best team win!!!

Go Hawks!!!!!!

Mark Jackson

OBF1 01-21-2014 12:29 PM

I like starbucks

PRBronco 01-21-2014 12:30 PM

Woah. I totally forgot we used to be in the same division as the Seahawks. Mind = blown

Powderaddict 01-21-2014 12:31 PM

I will say I much prefer this to the normal opposing team trolls.

Wilson/Lynch are no Elway/Davis. I do like those guys though. That Lynch run against the Saints in the playoffs a couple years ago was epic.

crush17 01-21-2014 12:33 PM

Every time I see someone just use the last name "Lynch" I can only think of John Lynch.

It takes me a second to remember they have a player with that last name. lol

Go Broncos, and thanks for the cool story bro!

SoCalBronco 01-21-2014 12:34 PM

At least you are being more honest with this thread, Armchair.

Seattle1983 01-21-2014 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powderaddict (Post 4036364)
Mark Jackson

Tom Jackson.. Lol

SonOfLe-loLang 01-21-2014 12:35 PM

The only thing I like about the Seahawks is Marshawn Pinch.

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/blog...-pinch.372.png

SonOfLe-loLang 01-21-2014 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalBronco (Post 4036374)

haha. You know if the Broncos lose, he's gonna tut tut around here with this smug "i told you so" BS. And if the Broncos win, he'll celebrate like he was a broncos fan all along. Turd

Seattle1983 01-21-2014 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalBronco (Post 4036374)

I take it armchair is a troll? My apologies on behalf of all non trolls!!

I assure you I'm no troll and have never posted on this site before.

Powderaddict 01-21-2014 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seattle1983 (Post 4036377)
Tom Jackson.. Lol

Nate Jackson
Malik Jackson

Kaylore 01-21-2014 12:45 PM

Michael Jackson played for the Browns.

Seattle1983 01-21-2014 12:47 PM

Just to assure you all I'm not this other cat..

https://m.facebook.com/?_rdr

Agamemnon 01-21-2014 12:49 PM

The good thing about being an old-school Seahawks fan is that you are used to being the Broncos' b****. :~ohyah!:

But seriously, good post. May the best team win.

Pony Boy 01-21-2014 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRBronco (Post 4036369)
Woah. I totally forgot we used to be in the same division as the Seahawks. Mind = blown

I remember Jim Zorn and Steve Largent...... yes I'm that old.

gunns 01-21-2014 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powderaddict (Post 4036370)

Wilson/Lynch are no Elway/Davis. I do like those guys though. That Lynch run against the Saints in the playoffs a couple years ago was epic.

Agree, all of it. Wilson has a long ways to go before he is Elway but I like the kid. I do understand the OP's desire to win it all after so many frustrating years. But as stated the Hawks are going against the most prolific O in history. Have always been a believer in defense winning championships but also believe if a D steps up to compliment it's O they win championships also. See the 97 Broncos who didn't have a chance against the GB D.

spdirty 01-21-2014 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunns (Post 4036416)
Agree, all of it. Wilson has a long ways to go before he is Elway but I like the kid. I do understand the OP's desire to win it all after so many frustrating years. But as stated the Hawks are going against the most prolific O in history. Have always been a believer in defense winning championships but also believe if a D steps up to compliment it's O they win championships also. See the 97 Broncos who didn't have a chance against the GB D.

I wish Seattle was like a 10 point favorite.

bronco militia 01-21-2014 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powderaddict (Post 4036370)

so was Lynch's run against the 49ers.

Agamemnon 01-21-2014 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spdirty (Post 4036417)
I wish Seattle was like a 10 point favorite.

Everybody and their sister would be taking that bet.

Seattle1983 01-21-2014 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunns (Post 4036416)

In year 2 Elway was also not the player he would eventually become. Wilson in year two is much closer to the NFL Champion Elway would become than the sophomore Elway was.

ColoradoDarin 01-21-2014 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crush17 (Post 4036373)
Every time I see someone just use the last name "Lynch" I can only think of John Lynch.

It takes me a second to remember they have a player with that last name. lol

Go Broncos, and thanks for the cool story bro!

I thought John Lynch and Al Wilson...

boppool 01-21-2014 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 4036404)
Michael Jackson played for the Browns.

Wait, I though he played for the Beiges.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_HKjlXpb-k1...art_Of_Me3.jpg

Too soon? Sorry, couldn't resist...

gunns 01-21-2014 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seattle1983 (Post 4036434)
In year 2 Elway was also not the player he would eventually become. Wilson in year two is much closer to the NFL Champion Elway became than the sophomore Elway.

I think you are stretching it a bit to say he's at Champion Elways level, he's pretty much at sophomore Elway's level, maybe statistically better but not take it on his own shoulders better.

Drunken.Broncoholic2 01-21-2014 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seattle1983 (Post 4036400)
I take it armchair is a troll? My apologies on behalf of all non trolls!!

I assure you I'm no troll and have never posted on this site before.

Our resident trolls usually morph into new profiles. Mostly bitter chiefs fans. I don't see you as being one, as you can actually spell and your sentence structure doesn't resemble Larry Seller's homework.