The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Defense (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=113984)

McDman 01-19-2014 07:35 PM

Defense
 
Thought I would give my shout out. Take away that absolutely moronic decision to play prevent at the end our D played really well. We didn't get much pressure and Brady missed some throws but we held stout and when we did sack the QB it was in a huge situation.

Mile high salute!

The Joker 01-19-2014 07:37 PM

They were awesome and have been for the last four games.

Shut down the Chargers and Pats run games. Do the same to Seattle and I think we win this thing.

One more big game guys.

McDman 01-19-2014 07:38 PM

Also, mother ****ing POT ROAST!!!!

TonyR 01-19-2014 07:41 PM

Yep, D played really well today. Brady bailed us out big time missing on that one wide open play but sometimes better lucky than good!

BroncoFanDoug 01-19-2014 07:42 PM

Given the ridiculous number of injuries huge love must be given to (1) JDR for keeping them together and (2) JFE for finding FAs and draft choices that have filled the holes.

Just awesome.

And I wish JDR would not go prevent at the end of games:)

BroncsCheer 01-19-2014 07:44 PM

Although I appreciate your enthusiasm, you're overreacting in calling it 'moronic'

Compounded further with the 'absolutely' in front of that

The tactic was to force the opponent to burn clock and spend time (or time outs) in exchange for points. The ratio of points to time spent was favorable as THE BRONCOS WON.

Sorry dude but your uterus is clouding your posting judgment.

The Broncos were never NOT in control of this game, and you can than Fox for that.

DenverBound 01-19-2014 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncsCheer (Post 4033834)
Although I appreciate your enthusiasm, you're overreacting in calling it 'moronic'

Compounded further with the 'absolutely' in front of that

The tactic was to force the opponent to burn clock and spend time (or time outs) in exchange for points. The ratio of points to time spent was favorable as THE BRONCOS WON.

Sorry dude but your uterus is clouding your posting judgment.

The Broncos were never NOT in control of this game, and you can than Fox for that.

You sure like using other peoples' uterus in your ZINGZ!

Hamrob 01-19-2014 07:49 PM

I agree.....outside of Fox/JDR trying to find a way to lose.

This defense played great!!!

DenverBound 01-19-2014 07:49 PM

Oh I forgot to add... Cheer is exactly right. Read and learn. No need to be ignorant.

McDman 01-19-2014 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncsCheer (Post 4033834)
Although I appreciate your enthusiasm, you're overreacting in calling it 'moronic'

Compounded further with the 'absolutely' in front of that

The tactic was to force the opponent to burn clock and spend time (or time outs) in exchange for points. The ratio of points to time spent was favorable as THE BRONCOS WON.

Sorry dude but your uterus is clouding your posting judgment.

The Broncos were never NOT in control of this game, and you can than Fox for that.

How does my disdain of a prevent defense make me have a uterus? That makes no sense.

If they make that 2 pont conversion it is a 1 score game with 3:30 left. Our D had worked all game and we changed it up and they scored n about 2 minutes.

It is cool of you disagree but not really sure how that opinion makes me a girl.

Agamemnon 01-19-2014 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncsCheer (Post 4033834)
Although I appreciate your enthusiasm, you're overreacting in calling it 'moronic'

Compounded further with the 'absolutely' in front of that

The tactic was to force the opponent to burn clock and spend time (or time outs) in exchange for points. The ratio of points to time spent was favorable as THE BRONCOS WON.

Sorry dude but your uterus is clouding your posting judgment.

The Broncos were never NOT in control of this game, and you can than Fox for that.

It was moronic. That you don't get that makes you moronic.

Boltjolt 01-19-2014 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Joker (Post 4033806)
They were awesome and have been for the last four games.

Shut down the Chargers and Pats run games. Do the same to Seattle and I think we win this thing.

One more big game guys.

Well Mathews only had 5 carries and had to leave the game. He averaged over 5 YPC with a high ankle sprain.

Agamemnon 01-19-2014 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boltjolt (Post 4033862)
Well Mathews only had 5 carries and had to leave the game. He averaged over 5 YPC with a high ankle sprain.

::)

McDman 01-19-2014 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boltjolt (Post 4033862)
Well Mathews only had 5 carries and had to leave the game. He averaged over 5 YPC with a high ankle sprain.

That game could have been way diffetent with him in there but I still think we are the better team and would have won but you never know.

Boltjolt 01-19-2014 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agamemnon (Post 4033863)
::)

True. Its a different game with him healthy....but he wasnt so it is what it is.

SonOfLe-loLang 01-19-2014 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boltjolt (Post 4033862)
Well Mathews only had 5 carries and had to leave the game. He averaged over 5 YPC with a high ankle sprain.

Are you really making excuses still. Dude you lost

SonOfLe-loLang 01-19-2014 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boltjolt (Post 4033867)
True. Its a different game with him healthy....but he wasnt so it is what it is.

It's a diff game if Chris Harris doesn't get hurt. Stop acting like Mathews is Tomlinson. He's not

Boltjolt 01-19-2014 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McDman (Post 4033866)
That game could have been way diffetent with him in there but I still think we are the better team and would have won but you never know.

Your a better team. No arguement there but yes it wouldnt of been a different game. You guys totally deserve to be going to the SB.

Boltjolt 01-19-2014 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang (Post 4033874)
It's a diff game if Chris Harris doesn't get hurt. Stop acting like Mathews is Tomlinson. He's not

Never said he was but he always has good games against you guys. Of course it would of been different. Woodhead isnt an everydown RB. Something we need to address in the offseason or draft for when he gets dinged.

Old Dude 01-19-2014 08:08 PM

New England's first six possessions:


1. 3 plays, 5 yards, then punt.
2. 3 plays, 7 yards, then punt.
3. 8 plays, 47 yards (-10 on penalty), then punt.
4. 8 plays, 51 yards, then Field Goal.
5. 4 plays, 5 yards (+5 on penalty), end of half.
6. 13 plays, 41 yards, out on downs.

By the time the Pats finally put together a TD drive, there were less than 10 minutes remaining in the game.

I expected Denver to win, but just like last week, I didn't expect the defense to play this tough.

Kudos to Del Rio's crew.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN 01-19-2014 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boltjolt (Post 4033876)
Your(sic) a better team.

Dude!

It's "you're" - not "your."

Time to do your part in preventing America's slide into illiteracy. :welcome:

McDman 01-19-2014 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dude (Post 4033917)
New England's first six possessions:


1. 3 plays, 5 yards, then punt.
2. 3 plays, 7 yards, then punt.
3. 8 plays, 47 yards (-10 on penalty), then punt.
4. 8 plays, 51 yards, then Field Goal.
5. 4 plays, 5 yards (+5 on penalty), end of half.
6. 13 plays, 41 yards, out on downs.

By the time the Pats finally put together a TD drive, there were less than 10 minutes remaining in the game.

I expected Denver to win, but just like last week, I didn't expect the defense to play this tough.

Kudos to Del Rio's crew.

Awesome stats. When are we going to get the Tom Brady choke talk? Dude played miserably,

Samiwindr 01-19-2014 08:16 PM

The defense has definitely risen to the occasion in the playoffs. The Pats don't exactly have world beaters for receivers, but the fact we shut them down for most of the game blew me away. Best of all, I think we match up extremely well with Seattle. We've been stout against the run and we have a similar situation with their receiving corps.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN 01-19-2014 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samiwindr (Post 4033941)
The defense has definitely risen to the occasion in the playoffs. The Pats don't exactly have world beaters for receivers, but the fact we shut them down for most of the game blew me away. Best of all, I think we match up extremely well with Seattle. We've been stout against the run and we have a similar situation with their receiving corps.

How about the way we stopped their vaunted rushing attack, i.e., the attack NE fans said was going to steamroll us?

TonyR 01-19-2014 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samiwindr (Post 4033941)
The defense has definitely risen to the occasion in the playoffs.

Yep. And thank goodness. O has moved the ball well, especially today, but they're not scoring a lot. We left the door open for the Pats to get back in the game by only having 13 at the half but the D kept it closed.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.